Loss of data upon saving file or downloading


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 64Bit
       #1

    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading


    Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated.

    If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get the same issue. The strange thing is, I have factory reset the laptop and only downloaded FileZilla to see if the same issue occurs, it does.

    Laptop - Dell G3 15 - 3579 (Refurbish)

    Any help will be appreciated,

    Many thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 68
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #2

    try IDM with FTP server path with username+pass

    How to add FTP Login Account in IDM - YouTube
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    PratikUnleashed said:
    try IDM with FTP server path with username+pass

    How to add FTP Login Account in IDM - YouTube
    The thing is I have used other clients and the exact same problem occurs. My colleague tried recreating the issue on his laptop, however the issue couldn't be recreated.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Home Edition
       #4

    GirbDev said:
    The thing is I have used other clients and the exact same problem occurs. My colleague tried recreating the issue on his laptop, however the issue couldn't be recreated.
    Could it be the way you've setup your system in comparison with his? Is his a fresh install and also the same version as yours?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Skynet100 said:
    Could it be the way you've setup your system in comparison with his? Is his a fresh install and also the same version as yours?
    No, only mine is a fresh install. We have checked update versions and they match.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,930
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #6

    You need to try isolating stuff.

    What happens if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?
    What happens if you create a new User Account?

    How much RAM does the laptop have? Try removing half of it, see what happens. If same, swap removed and installed ram and try again.

    Can you connect the laptop to your modem/router with a Ethernet cable to test? Does it work better?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Ztruker said:
    You need to try isolating stuff.

    What happens if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?
    What happens if you create a new User Account?

    How much RAM does the laptop have? Try removing half of it, see what happens. If same, swap removed and installed ram and try again.

    Can you connect the laptop to your modem/router with a Ethernet cable to test? Does it work better?
    We decided to test with a Ethernet cable and the file is no longer corrupted. So it appears that there is something wrong with the WiFi card.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 720
    Win10 x64 Pro - 2 desktops, 2 laptops
       #8

    I would think that a bad WiFi card (or any other bad network interface) would cause a lot more problems than just missing or duplicated text when saving a file. Does Event Viewer show any interesting errors?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13,930
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #9

    Try reinstalling the WiFi driver. Open Device Manager then expand Network Adapters, right click on the WiFi card and uninstall it. Reboot and let Windows reload the driver, see if that makes a difference.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums