Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    11 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    I just recently upgraded to 10 four days ago and it work fine for the first 2 days and then I got the blue screen and it went to restart and then total black. Been this way for almost 3 days now. The power works, the little LED lights work on the front, I have tried everything. I even went as far as downloading 8 on to a usb stick and tried that. NOTHING! I'm at the point of tears now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 83
    windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Just me Kati View Post
    I just recently upgraded to 10 four days ago and it work fine for the first 2 days and then I got the blue screen and it went to restart and then total black. Been this way for almost 3 days now. The power works, the little LED lights work on the front, I have tried everything. I even went as far as downloading 8 on to a usb stick and tried that. NOTHING! I'm at the point of tears now.
    Download 10 onto your usb stick using the media creation tool then do a clean install. What kind of computer do you have?
    Get the media creation tool here:
    Windows 10
    Follow through carefully getting the right language, 32 or 64 bit and pro or home [core] depending on what you had.
    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
    Download 10 onto your usb stick using the media creation tool then do a clean install. What kind of computer do you have?
    Get the media creation tool here:
    Windows 10
    Follow through carefully getting the right language, 32 or 64 bit and pro or home [core] depending on what you had.
    Jim
    I went back to 8 because I don't wanna deal with this mess again but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I don't wanna give up but I can't afford another laptop or for someone to fix it for me at the moment. It's a Dell Inspiron 3520 laptop that's only 2.5 yrs old.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Just me Kati View Post
    I just recently upgraded to 10 four days ago and it work fine for the first 2 days and then I got the blue screen and it went to restart and then total black. Been this way for almost 3 days now. The power works, the little LED lights work on the front, I have tried everything. I even went as far as downloading 8 on to a usb stick and tried that. NOTHING! I'm at the point of tears now.
    If you got the Windows 10 update to activate when you first installed it, you can do a clean install from a USB thumb drive and it'll activate again on the same hardware. Of course, you'll lose all applications and files that were there before, but it sound like you've probably trashed them already by trying to re-install 8.

    That may not bring you much joy if you've been burned by the upgrade already. I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe it did a bad driver update.

    Your Inspiron 3520 is not listed as tested for Win 10 by Dell. That means nothing more than it says; it's still likely to work under 10, but Dell support won't give you any assistance with the upgrade.

    Have you got any competent nerdy friends? Sounds like you could benefit from a little help. I can't recommend paid help at places like Best Buy or Staples, as I've heard too many horror stories about them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    If you got the Windows 10 update to activate when you first installed it, you can do a clean install from a USB thumb drive and it'll activate again on the same hardware. Of course, you'll lose all applications and files that were there before, but it sound like you've probably trashed them already by trying to re-install 8.

    That may not bring you much joy if you've been burned by the upgrade already. I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe it did a bad driver update.

    Your Inspiron 3520 is not listed as tested for Win 10 by Dell. That means nothing more than it says; it's still likely to work under 10, but Dell support won't give you any assistance with the upgrade.

    Have you got any competent nerdy friends? Sounds like you could benefit from a little help. I can't recommend paid help at places like Best Buy or Staples, as I've heard too many horror stories about them.
    Hey thank you for your replies. So I downloaded 8 to the USB stick and went and put it in "dead" USB port and tried turning my laptop on but got nothing. So I just left it there for a while and came back and tried turning my computer on and it started booting up. But it booted back up to windows 10 and started installing updates by itself without me doing anything. So I let it do its things and now it's working just fine so far. I don't know if it just needed a 3 day nap lol but the USB did download the 8 media file to my computer, so I'm assuming that if I ever need to go back to it, it's there already?
    Is there anything I need to do to check and see why it shut off for so long after the upgrade? Thanks so much for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Missing Drivers,But Found Them Myself (Dell Inspiron 1525)
Okay decided to do a fresh install on the wife's Dell Inspiron 1525.Which had Windows 7 x64 on it,But was released with XP and Vista only on it. The only drivers I had to install after the fresh install of Windows 10 Build:10162. Were SigmaTel HD...
Drivers and Hardware
Two yellow shields for bluetooth devices. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520
Duplicate thread, sorry.
Drivers and Hardware
Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 two device driver problems
Upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop from 10041 to 10049. Went well though it took a long, long, time. Anyway, I have drivers for all devices except these two and can't actually figure out what they are. 16384 16383 16382
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate
I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the...
General Support
Solved Dell Inspiron
Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums