Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    03 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10

    import of pictures on Win 10 machine


    Start, right click, Control Panel, Hardware and Devices: my camera (Nikon D7000) comes up. Import pictures fails. The error message says: 'no pictures or videos were found on this device'. Did the same thing on my Windows 7 machine (good thing its not yet upgraded). It correctly found 58 pictures and imported them. Thanks...Raj
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    WIN 10

    Windows 10 Cant find anything to import from my phone.


    Quote Originally Posted by rajn1 View Post
    Start, right click, Control Panel, Hardware and Devices: my camera (Nikon D7000) comes up. Import pictures fails. The error message says: 'no pictures or videos were found on this device'. Did the same thing on my Windows 7 machine (good thing its not yet upgraded). It correctly found 58 pictures and imported them. Thanks...Raj

    I have installed win10 and when I plug in my WINDOWS phone it comes up with Could'nt find anything to import error (lots of images etc. on my phone)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Pictures still not imporing


    Quote Originally Posted by rajn1 View Post
    Start, right click, Control Panel, Hardware and Devices: my camera (Nikon D7000) comes up. Import pictures fails. The error message says: 'no pictures or videos were found on this device'. Did the same thing on my Windows 7 machine (good thing its not yet upgraded). It correctly found 58 pictures and imported them. Thanks...Raj
    This is a serious problem. I would have expected Microsoft support to have offered a solution by now!!
    Thanks
    Raj
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Nikon image driver not compatible with Win 10


    Support is now stating that this is a Nikon image driver problem and is not updated for Win 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by ManicJon View Post
    I have installed win10 and when I plug in my WINDOWS phone it comes up with Could'nt find anything to import error (lots of images etc. on my phone)
    Did you try sync?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    My Canon T3i shows up as an external hard drive when connected (USB) to a Win 10 PC. (But with a camera icon.) I don't need to import; I can just copy. (Or move.) Does a Nikon D700 do the same?

    That assumes that'd be an acceptable way of file transfer for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    My Canon T3i shows up as an external hard drive when connected (USB) to a Win 10 PC. (But with a camera icon.) I don't need to import; I can just copy. (Or move.) Does a Nikon D700 do the same?

    That assumes that'd be an acceptable way of file transfer for you.
    Thanks Bob. No, the folder shows empty, there is nothing to copy or import....Raj
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    I had to go to SONYs Web site and download the Photo/Video software program,there were no Win10 so i downloaded the Win 8.1 64 and it did the trick. Now Win 10 computer finds the Sony Video Camcorder and can get movie file from it.
    with my Canon camera i find it in explore tree when it's connected. click on it till i find pictures. Just like before the upgrade from Win 8.1
    So some devices need the programs reinstalled some don't with the Win 10.

    With my Apple iPhone6 when connected to Win 10 computer it brought up iTunes this is needed to access the iPhone6, it asks you to look at phone where it's asking to trust the connected computer. When iTunes is installed you see you'r phone in upper left hand corner of screen. Just click on it.

    I find the App. AirMore to do a better job of moving files from computer to phone, works with both Win&Mac also Android computers.
    Check it out at airmore.com the app. is free at the App. store or what ever your phone uses to get App.s on the phone
    Last edited by digitalcurisity; 18 Aug 2015 at 08:03.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Pictures still not imporing- using Nikon software directly


    Quote Originally Posted by rajn1 View Post
    Start, right click, Control Panel, Hardware and Devices: my camera (Nikon D7000) comes up. Import pictures fails. The error message says: 'no pictures or videos were found on this device'. Did the same thing on my Windows 7 machine (good thing its not yet upgraded). It correctly found 58 pictures and imported them. Thanks...Raj
    . I contacted Nikon and it turns out the Nikon driver is not tested with Win 10, is not working with Win 10 and they are working on it. In the mean time I downloaded the Nikon NS2 transfer software, pointed to this App in the Control panel, it works and I have a temporary workaround. BTW I was an hour with Microsoft support , she was given access to my machine and clearly did not know Win 10 well (she took breaks to look at a resource guide) and after an hour came up with an astoundingly brilliant solution, which was to import the pictures on my Windows 7 machine, transfer the pictures to a thumb drive and then move it to my Win 10 machine. Much as I was impressed with the brilliance of this solution I have decided to use my workaround for now, until Nikon makes their driver compatible with Win 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    27 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by rajn1 View Post
    . I contacted Nikon and it turns out the Nikon driver is not tested with Win 10, is not working with Win 10 and they are working on it. In the mean time I downloaded the Nikon NS2 transfer software, pointed to this App in the Control panel, it works and I have a temporary workaround. BTW I was an hour with Microsoft support , she was given access to my machine and clearly did not know Win 10 well (she took breaks to look at a resource guide) and after an hour came up with an astoundingly brilliant solution, which was to import the pictures on my Windows 7 machine, transfer the pictures to a thumb drive and then move it to my Win 10 machine. Much as I was impressed with the brilliance of this solution I have decided to use my workaround for now, until Nikon makes their driver compatible with Win 10.
    Good you now know the reason now, and that Nikon is working on the required drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Import Favorites some are missing in Edge
Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites...
Browsers and Email
Picture Import from SD Not Working
When I plug in an SD card from my camera I get a window titled COLLECTION, with a pop-up saying "Is this the right device? We couldn't find anything to import on this device." I can of course browse to the SD card, but I quite liked the import...
Software and Apps
When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8
In Windows 8, I would plug my phone in and it would display all the pictures on the phone and highlight the new ones. I would then click IMPORT. Boom. Done. With Windows 10 it doesnt seem as straight forward. I plug my phone in and sometimes...
Software and Apps
No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?
Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks.
Browsers and Email
No way to import bookmarks?
In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums