Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    27 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,171
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    I feel like we're seeing a lot of these threads, so I'll repeat the same advice. Card reader. That's always your best bet for transferring content from a camera, especially a high-end camera like that. My wife is using her new D3300 often, and if your computer doesn't have a built-in card reader, you can get a USB one cheap. Not only will it work better, but will be potentially faster and won't require you to use your camera battery, or even bother with the camera.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    I feel like we're seeing a lot of these threads, so I'll repeat the same advice. Card reader. That's always your best bet for transferring content from a camera, especially a high-end camera like that. My wife is using her new D3300 often, and if your computer doesn't have a built-in card reader, you can get a USB one cheap. Not only will it work better, but will be potentially faster and won't require you to use your camera battery, or even bother with the camera.
    The card reader is one good answer,but many like myself like to Xfer files from camera without using a card reader. My Canon cameras work with Win10 so Nikon should address this needed Win10 driver issue quickly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,171
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    It's much easier with a card reader. My wife can leave her camera packed away and doesn't need to fumble with the camera, or use it's own battery power to do the transfer. I couldn't imagine making her have to dig out the camera and cable each time she needed to pull photos and video off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    It's much easier with a card reader. My wife can leave her camera packed away and doesn't need to fumble with the camera, or use it's own battery power to do the transfer. I couldn't imagine making her have to dig out the camera and cable each time she needed to pull photos and video off.
    I have cameras that use WiFi to transfer picture files, it's quick and has worked very well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    27 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcurisity View Post
    Good you now know the reason now, and that Nikon is working on the required drivers.
    Even more important , I am not stuck and I have a workaround which I had to figure out on my own. Nikon is a major camera manufacturer and I guess MS believed it was not important to test that driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,171
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcurisity View Post
    I have cameras that use WiFi to transfer picture files, it's quick and has worked very well.
    I've been considering getting something like that for my wife, because we're upgrade to upgrade her old clunker laptop to a 2-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajn1 View Post
    I guess MS believed it was not important to test that driver.
    Your blame is pointing in the wrong direction. Microsoft can't go out and actively seek drivers for every piece of hardware under the sun. Nikon is responsible for using the free Windows 10 releases to update their drivers for Windows 10, then submit them to Microsoft. If a driver doesn't exist at this point, blame Nikon. They've had ample time to prepare.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Aug 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    I've been considering getting something like that for my wife, because we're upgrade to upgrade her old clunker laptop to a 2-1.

    Your blame is pointing in the wrong direction. Microsoft can't go out and actively seek drivers for every piece of hardware under the sun. Nikon is responsible for using the free Windows 10 releases to update their drivers for Windows 10, then submit them to Microsoft. If a driver doesn't exist at this point, blame Nikon. They've had ample time to prepare.
    I agree Nikon should have been thinking about the buyers of their cameras,as Canon did for me and SONY did for my SONY camcoraders.
    I see no way Microsoft could be in control of every single needed driver of every device used on a Microsoft system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Import Favorites some are missing in Edge
Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites...
Browsers and Email
Picture Import from SD Not Working
When I plug in an SD card from my camera I get a window titled COLLECTION, with a pop-up saying "Is this the right device? We couldn't find anything to import on this device." I can of course browse to the SD card, but I quite liked the import...
Software and Apps
When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8
In Windows 8, I would plug my phone in and it would display all the pictures on the phone and highlight the new ones. I would then click IMPORT. Boom. Done. With Windows 10 it doesnt seem as straight forward. I plug my phone in and sometimes...
Software and Apps
No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?
Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks.
Browsers and Email
No way to import bookmarks?
In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums