Windows Notifications

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    Windows Notifications


    Windows 10 Pro 1809.17763.134. Since updating to .134 Notification panel when opened displays no notification text. I receive a warning of notifications waiting on the task bar, when I open the app the text is missing. Notification settings are turned ON, nothing has changed in settings.
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    Stitch194 said:
    Windows 10 Pro 1809.17763.134. Since updating to .134 Notification panel when opened displays no notification text. I receive a warning of notifications waiting on the task bar, when I open the app the text is missing. Notification settings are turned ON, nothing has changed in settings.
    Not seeing that issue here on 1809. Trying toggling the settings on/off or off/on, signing off and back in each time.

    Windows Notifications-2018-11-19_14h24_34.pngWindows Notifications-2018-11-19_14h26_25.png
      My Computers

  3. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Dick Thanks! I just tried your suggestion. That is, turned all notifications settings OFF-ON unfortunately no change.

    100%x
    Last edited by Stitch194; 19 Nov 2018 at 16:36. Reason: Reposting
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    Stitch194 said:
    Dick Thanks! I just tried your suggestion. That is, turned all notifications settings OFF-ON unfortunately no change.
    100%x
    Worth a shot. Toggle the "collapse" button back and forth.
      My Computers

  5. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    No change the text is still missing. So is the title "Clear all notifications"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows Notifications-2018_11_19_22_42_181.png  
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    Stitch194 said:
    No change the text is still missing. So is the title "Clear all notifications"
    If you are sure it used to work, try this. Go into your same settings. Set Defender to show notifications, like pic. Run a Defender Scan.

    Windows Notifications-2018-11-19_17h45_02.png
      My Computers

  7. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Tried that and system restore point No changes. Yes It has always worked until recently I still get the new notification count on the taskbar just no text as to the notification. I may have to wait until the next CU? It's just nice to know that "Marcrium Image Started" "Macrium Image Success" especially when the process runs in the background on a scheduled task. Just one example!
      My Computer

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #8

    Stitch194 said:
    Tried that and system restore point No changes. Yes It has always worked until recently I still get the new notification count on the taskbar just no text as to the notification. I may have to wait until the next CU? It's just nice to know that "Marcrium Image Started" "Macrium Image Success" especially when the process runs in the background on a scheduled task. Just one example!
    You have an option that will verify if the KB did it to you. Uninstall it, block it, see what happens.
      My Computers

  9. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I think it may be my User profile. Notifications are working as designed in my Local Admin account. All attempts to solve the problem in my User account have been fruitless.
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #10

    Stitch194 said:
    I think it may be my User profile. Notifications are working as designed in my Local Admin account. All attempts to solve the problem in my User account have been fruitless.
    That's easy to verify. Make a new Local account and test it.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums