Which Windows 10 Build?

  1.    1 Week Ago #1

    Which Windows 10 Build?


    Hey guys new here, just wondering which Windows 10 Build to use?

    1803 or 1709?
    Want one with the least bugs lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    1 Week Ago #2

    DemolitionDan said: View Post
    Hey guys new here, just wondering which Windows 10 Build to use?

    1803 or 1709?
    Want one with the least bugs lol
    In general you are best with current build which is version 1803 build 17134.376.

    As for bug free Windows -- Dream on !!!!!
    depends what you are running -- Internet, multimedia, email, officy stuff all seems to work reasonable well. Eseoteric hardware and applications you are on your own !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    1 Week Ago #3

    1709 is the least problematic from what I see - and the one I've stayed with. 1803 has had widely reported problems with setting default file type associations.

    Threads here on that, and references more widely.

    Experience may vary, as some suggest its (also) linked to having certain programs installed.

    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News

    @jimbo45 - have you seen anything to suggest that association problem has been resolved? Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    1 Week Ago #4

    dalchina said: View Post
    1709 is the least problematic from what I see - and the one I've stayed with. 1803 has had widely reported problems with setting default file type associations.

    Threads here on that, and references more widely.

    Experience may vary, as some suggest its (also) linked to having certain programs installed.

    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News

    @jimbo45 - have you seen anything to suggest that association problem has been resolved? Thanks!
    Hi there

    @dalchina

    I don't seem to have that problem

    I tend - particularly on a laptop only to run Firefox for Internet, SAPGUI for access to work SAP systems, OFFICE, PHOTOSHOP and VLC for media playing so nothing much breakable.

    Office 2019/2016 (or at least Outlook part of it) is hideously broken - 1) unless you know the control panel applet you can't set up manually email account settings.

    2) on IMAP sent mail is only visible in the sent mail folder of the machine from which you sent the email -- should be visible on all machines as it's an IMAP server. (The INBOX works OK that's visible on all my devices including android phone).

    3) Unicode sort of gives weird results at times.

    Office 2010 still works pefectly also if you have the OLD office 2016 (VL edition) and can install from the iso then that's fine UNTIL an update when it switched to click 2 run vesrion from internet -- that's when configuration and imap problems start. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    1 Week Ago #5

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    In general you are best with current build which is version 1803 build 17134.376.

    As for bug free Windows -- Dream on !!!!!
    depends what you are running -- Internet, multimedia, email, officy stuff all seems to work reasonable well. Eseoteric hardware and applications you are on your own !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Ok cool, Because I did install 1809 when it came out.
    But it feels slugish compared to previous versions
    might just format and stick 1803 on, I game, use a lot of music software, video software etc..

    Thanks
    Danny
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    1 Week Ago #6

    dalchina said: View Post
    1709 is the least problematic from what I see - and the one I've stayed with. 1803 has had widely reported problems with setting default file type associations.

    Threads here on that, and references more widely.

    Experience may vary, as some suggest its (also) linked to having certain programs installed.

    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News

    @jimbo45 - have you seen anything to suggest that association problem has been resolved? Thanks!
    Are you using build 1709? because that seemed like the best build to me too :/
    1809 just seems slugish
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 16288 and Mobile Emulator Build 15240 Released - Building Apps for Windows
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 16278 and Mobile Emulator Build 15240 Released - Building Apps for Windows
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 16257 and Mobile Emulator Build 15235 Released - Building Apps for Windows
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.
Find Us