Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes randomly

Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Dec 2016 #791

    So many DVDs, What for ? You should have put image file on that external disk drive. You need only one CD or USB stick to put MR rescue files on so you can boot from it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    13 Dec 2016 #792

    Hi Brother,

    I have produced the ISO file on a CD. So, I do not need to copy the rest. Thanks. I am going to do it now.

    Rajinder

    CountMike said: View Post
    So many DVDs, What for ? You should have put image file on that external disk drive. You need only one CD or USB stick to put MR rescue files on so you can boot from it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Dec 2016 #793

    Hi Brethren,

    Last night, I managed to put on my old Win7 Pro. It worked fine on IE but this morning, I re-installed Google Chrome and it crashed.

    Recovery was not a headache.

    I think I will be better off with Win7 as my computer is old.

    Any suggestion for free software to keep the drivers up-to-date please?

    Many thanks for your efforts. In case, you have any interest in Gospel that cannot be written down as the Scriptures are, you may like to watch my over 5400 Youtube Videos; channel nijjhar1.

    Merry X-mass and a Happy New Year.

    Coming years, a lot of trouble.


    nijjhar said: View Post
    Hi Brother,

    I have produced the ISO file on a CD. So, I do not need to copy the rest. Thanks. I am going to do it now.

    Rajinder
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    14 Dec 2016 #794

    Hi

    Troubles again? Crashes. I did put ISO disc in the drive but it does not work to restart the computer. Could I make a disc or usb that can help me to restart the computer?



    nijjhar said: View Post
    Hi Brethren,

    Last night, I managed to put on my old Win7 Pro. It worked fine on IE but this morning, I re-installed Google Chrome and it crashed.

    Recovery was not a headache.

    I think I will be better off with Win7 as my computer is old.

    Any suggestion for free software to keep the drivers up-to-date please?

    Many thanks for your efforts. In case, you have any interest in Gospel that cannot be written down as the Scriptures are, you may like to watch my over 5400 Youtube Videos; channel nijjhar1.

    Merry X-mass and a Happy New Year.

    Coming years, a lot of trouble.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Dec 2016 #795

    nijjhar said: View Post
    Hi

    Troubles again? Crashes. I did put ISO disc in the drive but it does not work to restart the computer. Could I make a disc or usb that can help me to restart the computer?
    Well, have you decided which windows you are going with ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 Dec 2016 #796

    It seems my computer Acer X3810 is too old for these softwares. Best is to buy a new computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Dec 2016 #797

    nijjhar said: View Post
    It seems my computer Acer X3810 is too old for these softwares. Best is to buy a new computer.
    Yeah, best to by new one but also because there's something wrong with you hardware. I just now have one of similar ones for service and apart from CPU cooler it runs W7 just fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Dec 2016 #798

    Hi Brother,

    I just put on restore point and it won;t go to restore. Many hours doing something for nothing. How best could I go back to W7 working fine? Any suggestion?

    Rajinder

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yeah, best to by new one but also because there's something wrong with you hardware. I just now have one of similar ones for service and apart from CPU cooler it runs W7 just fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    15 Dec 2016 #799

    You should start by checking HW first. Some live Linux, than "MemTest86 V7.2 Free Edition (also includes V4 for old machines)" from MemTest86 - Download now!
    A test program for your make of HDD from here Download Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Tools Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks or it's manufacturer's site.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Dec 2016 #800

    Hi guys, I am having the same issue. The PC isn't freezing but becomes unresponsive, then, 5 - 10 min into it the message comes up "This application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait". It never comes back to life, I have to reset the PC. Sometimes its once a week, sometimes it's few hours after boot. Event Viewer doesn't record anything, just a fact of "not clean shutdown" I am assuming its dwm.exe, but can't prove it. How to approach the troubleshoot? Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Related Threads
During the first three attempts at installing windows 10, the process has frozen at 32% total installation and 6% on the "drivers and features" section. The entire process freezes and no animations play. No errors, after reboot from the freeze it...
Solved Windows 10 Installation Freezes in Installation and Upgrade
I am on an Alienware Aurora R3 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I ran the media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 7, and it gets as far as 100% copying data. It then restarts, the dots circle once, and then they freeze. I force a restart and it...
Does anyone have this problem? A friend of mine recently installed Windows 10 and the computer started to freeze because of it. It was then downgraded back to Windows 8 but the problem persisted.
I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am trying to update to Windows 10 with the free upgrade icon in the bottom left corner since it say...
Specs: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3GHz 16GB RAM GTX 970 4GB 120GB SSD 1TB HDD So I have had an earlier build of Windows 10 TP on my system installed onto my SSD and I was using that as my daily driver for about a month or so. It worked great and I was...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35.
Find Us