Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607
       08 Feb 2016 #371

    You could download a Windows 10 ISO using the media creation tool. Use it to download the version you need, and either save it to a USB or burn to DVD.

    You can Google Windows 10 Media Creation tool download and it will bring up the link. Just an option of installing a clean copy.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 8
       08 Feb 2016 #372

    Windows 10 freezes randomly


    Thanks for the suggestion. If I do this will it retain my set up or does it effectively wipe everything and give me new computer with W10?

    Sorry to be a beginner here.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    08 Feb 2016 #373

    Spig10 said: View Post
    I just joined the Forum and am both horrified and depressed, (not by the Forum I hasten to add!) I have finally, after multiple attempts, managed to upgrade my Dell laptop to W10 from W7 and like the look of it. However I am now getting freezes within 3 to 5 minutes of start up. The screen simply freezes, the mouse moves but does not work and the clock stops. Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work and the power button is needed. It then restarts fine. I have now trawled multiple solutions, checked drivers, power management etc. to no effect.

    This is maddening as I now find hundreds of posts with the same problem (indeed this one has reached page 37!!) with a similar number of solutions. I can perhaps understand some of these going back to summer 2015 but I have just upgraded in February but not a murmur from Microsoft about any possible issues. Further annoyance is that W7 worked fine on my laptop so I am about to roll back and presumably the only sensible way to get W10 is to do a complete install which means starting from scratch. If that is the solution then, subject to funds, I may as well upgrade to a new laptop with W10 and be done with it!
    Microsoft has lost any faith I had in them over this matter!
    IT IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM! WHY don't THEY RECONNIZE IT!

    I know, I will get a reply for bad forum use, but a forum that is suppose to have the answer with all the "Hotshots"
    don't!

    Tully
    Very frustrated
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 8
       08 Feb 2016 #374

    Windows 10 freezes randomly


    Yes Tully I too am frustrated. Why can they not simply resolve such a basic issue. Although not the place on this thread I am writing this from my W8 desktop that I have never been able to upgrade to W8.1 due to a completely failed Windows Store.....I need to open a new thread.

    My major gripe with a number of Windows issues is that when one Googles the matter there are many posts and solutions but often months ago when it is clear the problem has still not been resolved now.

    Over many years I have usually, in the end, upgraded to a new Windows operating system by buying a new computer when I need to. Meantime i will probably revert to W7 on my laptop and get on with my life. Sorry to be grumpy!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607
       08 Feb 2016 #375

    Using the media will wipe everything clean and do a clean install with no programs, which you should also back up any important files you may have.

    There is also the option to do a system refresh, which is, the system will reload to defaults and uninstall all programs, but will keep your music, videos, documents, etc.

    I understand peoples frustration on Windows 10, as there are so many reports of this. Like my computer, works perfect with the RTM 10240 version of Windows 10, but had constant issues with the November update, so I reverted back. As of now I don't have any issues with my system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,857
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Feb 2016 #376

    Tully said: View Post
    Microsoft has lost any faith I had in them over this matter!
    IT IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM! WHY don't THEY RECONNIZE IT!

    I know, I will get a reply for bad forum use, but a forum that is suppose to have the answer with all the "Hotshots"
    don't!

    Tully
    Very frustrated
    Helpers here are all volunteers ,and I don't think any of them will admit to be all knowing, especially me, that's for sure. i never read all of the post in this thread ,for sure , Microsoft could be at fault ,I will not argue that ,but I will say I have been using win10 for over a year ,on at least one of my three computer that at present run win10,and never had any serious issues with it ,, but I think it could also be an issue with 3rd party apps and hardware ,and also users not following the instruction for upgrading there computer .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 8
       08 Feb 2016 #377

    lmaneke said: View Post
    Using the media will wipe everything clean and do a clean install with no programs, which you should also back up any important files you may have.

    There is also the option to do a system refresh, which is, the system will reload to defaults and uninstall all programs, but will keep your music, videos, documents, etc.

    I understand peoples frustration on Windows 10, as there are so many reports of this. Like my computer, works perfect with the RTM 10240 version of Windows 10, but had constant issues with the November update, so I reverted back. As of now I don't have any issues with my system.
    Thanks Imaneke. I am actually pretty happy with W7 and upgraded only because I would like the current OS so I will probably revert if I can. A computer which freezes every few minutes is worse than not having one. Thanks for your thoughts and help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,857
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Feb 2016 #378

    Spig10 said: View Post
    Thanks Imaneke. I am actually pretty happy with W7 and upgraded only because I would like the current OS so I will probably revert if I can. A computer which freezes every few minutes is worse than not having one. Thanks for your thoughts and help.
    there is a very good chance that if you did a clean install using the win10 iso that your freezes will stop ,if I were a betting man I would place a good size bet on it working for you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 181
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Feb 2016 #379

    Spig10 said: View Post
    I just joined the Forum and am both horrified and depressed, (not by the Forum I hasten to add!) I have finally, after multiple attempts, managed to upgrade my Dell laptop to W10 from W7 and like the look of it. However I am now getting freezes within 3 to 5 minutes of start up. The screen simply freezes, the mouse moves but does not work and the clock stops. Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work and the power button is needed. It then restarts fine. I have now trawled multiple solutions, checked drivers, power management etc. to no effect.

    This is maddening as I now find hundreds of posts with the same problem (indeed this one has reached page 37!!) with a similar number of solutions. I can perhaps understand some of these going back to summer 2015 but I have just upgraded in February but not a murmur from Microsoft about any possible issues. Further annoyance is that W7 worked fine on my laptop so I am about to roll back and presumably the only sensible way to get W10 is to do a complete install which means starting from scratch. If that is the solution then, subject to funds, I may as well upgrade to a new laptop with W10 and be done with it!
    Your issues are due to drivers and you need to clean install, following the proper clean install procedure. You can view my prior posts, as I no longer have the patience to explain this to a new person every few days like a broken record.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    09 Feb 2016 #380

    JW0914 said: View Post
    Your issues are due to drivers and you need to clean install, following the proper clean install procedure. You can view my prior posts, as I no longer have the patience to explain this to a new person every few days like a broken record.
    I think your reply Is totally uncalled for!

    If you don't have time to help someone that is looking for help on a FORUM that is for helping users.
    Then you should no be on the FORUM!

    It is a complex operation for anyone that hasn't had a lot of computer time!

    It was MONTHS before anyone on this site would recognized that it was a Win10 problem & mot a hardware problem!

    I am certainly going to bring this to Brinks Attention!

    Very RUDE!

    Tully
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 installation process freezes at 32% and 6%
During the first three attempts at installing windows 10, the process has frozen at 32% total installation and 6% on the "drivers and features" section. The entire process freezes and no animations play. No errors, after reboot from the freeze it...
Installation and Setup
Solved Windows 10 Installation Freezes
I am on an Alienware Aurora R3 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I ran the media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 7, and it gets as far as 100% copying data. It then restarts, the dots circle once, and then they freeze. I force a restart and it...
Installation and Setup
Computer freezes due to Windows 10
Does anyone have this problem? A friend of mine recently installed Windows 10 and the computer started to freeze because of it. It was then downgraded back to Windows 8 but the problem persisted.
General Support
Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%
I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am trying to update to Windows 10 with the free upgrade icon in the bottom left corner since it say...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Issue - Boots fine and works for 2 mins, then freezes
Specs: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3GHz 16GB RAM GTX 970 4GB 120GB SSD 1TB HDD So I have had an earlier build of Windows 10 TP on my system installed onto my SSD and I was using that as my daily driver for about a month or so. It worked great and I was...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums