Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1.    04 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10

    If this link doesn't help you I hope someone comes along that has a fix or you can try your pc manufactures web support ... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...rity-problems/
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    Yeah I've done all of that too and no go for me either. Sometimes it will fine for 15mins before crashing then all of a sudden the start button won't work and apps don't open and the internet connection drops (network card crash). Only option then is to hard reset the PC. I guess it is explorer.exe crashing which I think is what a recent Nvidia MS patch was causing but I don't have that patch installed anyway. I'm not sure a clean install will help judging by the fact that others have done this and it made no difference. I can only think it can be graphics driver related but I have the latest driver for my integrated Intel Graphics HD 4600. So frustrating!


    Quote Originally Posted by Keepoman View Post
    Already did all of that.. still a no-go
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    windows10

    I think that this is why you should do a clean reinstall of Windows 10.... You have to do that with all of the other windows anyway
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sondawg18401 View Post
    I think that this is why you should do a clean reinstall of Windows 10.... You have to do that with all of the other windows anyway
    Did you even read the thread? Guess not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    Win10

    My symptoms after upgrading to Win10: after 5 minutes to a few hours, Windows will begin to become unresponsive, culminating to the point that a hard reboot is required. A bad-driver hunt did not find a problem. Disabling various drivers did not help. The generic MS display driver still showed the problem.

    One early symptom when Win10 starts to become unresponsive was all browsers losing internet connection, even though the computer thought I still had a connection (e.g. pinging a site still worked). So I tried treating this symptom with "netsh winsock reset" from the command window then a restart, as suggested in this thread: Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

    So far after 8 hours, Win10 is still stable, which is longer than before. Hopefully this solution works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 372
    Windows 10 Pro x86 and x64 dual boot

    Removing Speccy was a solution to my freezing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Aug 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sichoy View Post
    My symptoms after upgrading to Win10: after 5 minutes to a few hours, Windows will begin to become unresponsive, culminating to the point that a hard reboot is required. A bad-driver hunt did not find a problem. Disabling various drivers did not help. The generic MS display driver still showed the problem.

    One early symptom when Win10 starts to become unresponsive was all browsers losing internet connection, even though the computer thought I still had a connection (e.g. pinging a site still worked). So I tried treating this symptom with "netsh winsock reset" from the command window then a restart, as suggested in this thread: Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

    So far after 8 hours, Win10 is still stable, which is longer than before. Hopefully this solution works.
    Finally someone with a possible solution, i will try it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Aug 2015 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 85
    windows10 pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Keepoman View Post
    Finally someone with a possible solution, i will try it!
    hope u got this fixed

    incase the issue still persist
    did u already take a look event viewer? and see for error message/log in there
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Aug 2015 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by slyphnier View Post
    hope u got this fixed

    incase the issue still persist
    did u already take a look event viewer? and see for error message/log in there
    Yes i already looked at the Event viewer and it shows absolutely nothing..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Aug 2015 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    Was praying this was my solution too but sadly not. Even after doing this and rebooting the next time Windows loads i get the eventual freeze and same symptoms you described. I have now regressed back to win7 which works perfectly. I will try a clean install of Win10 when I have time to rule out any s/w issues.

    Thanks anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by sichoy View Post
    My symptoms after upgrading to Win10: after 5 minutes to a few hours, Windows will begin to become unresponsive, culminating to the point that a hard reboot is required. A bad-driver hunt did not find a problem. Disabling various drivers did not help. The generic MS display driver still showed the problem.

    One early symptom when Win10 starts to become unresponsive was all browsers losing internet connection, even though the computer thought I still had a connection (e.g. pinging a site still worked). So I tried treating this symptom with "netsh winsock reset" from the command window then a restart, as suggested in this thread: Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

    So far after 8 hours, Win10 is still stable, which is longer than before. Hopefully this solution works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 installation process freezes at 32% and 6%
During the first three attempts at installing windows 10, the process has frozen at 32% total installation and 6% on the "drivers and features" section. The entire process freezes and no animations play. No errors, after reboot from the freeze it...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Windows 10 Installation Freezes
I am on an Alienware Aurora R3 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I ran the media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 7, and it gets as far as 100% copying data. It then restarts, the dots circle once, and then they freeze. I force a restart and it...
Installation and Upgrade
Computer freezes due to Windows 10
Does anyone have this problem? A friend of mine recently installed Windows 10 and the computer started to freeze because of it. It was then downgraded back to Windows 8 but the problem persisted.
General Support
Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%
I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am trying to update to Windows 10 with the free upgrade icon in the bottom left corner since it say...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Issue - Boots fine and works for 2 mins, then freezes
Specs: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3GHz 16GB RAM GTX 970 4GB 120GB SSD 1TB HDD So I have had an earlier build of Windows 10 TP on my system installed onto my SSD and I was using that as my daily driver for about a month or so. It worked great and I was...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums