Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely


  1. Posts : 34
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1

    US_INTL Keyboard layout comes out on every logon


    Hi,

    I have 2 language packs installed Hebrew (only keyboard layout needed) and US-English (for all the other thing i.e UI ,keyboard ,speech, handwriting etc...)

    For some reason Windows insists on installing me a 3rd keyboard layout called "United States - International"
    Which causes me problems in switching between keyboard layouts.
    Whats bizarre here that this keyboard layout is not installed the explicitly (see the picture only "US-QWERTY" is there)

    I did a workaround by re-installing it (US_INTL) ,removing it and bang I was left only with 2 keyboard layouts (ENG,עבר) which is exactly what I want and need.

    The problem though is that after a restart these settings are returning to their previous state.

    Is there a way to prevent that i.e to stay with only 2 QWERTY keyboard layouts English and Hebrew ?

    Thanks
    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-1.pngCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-2.pngCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-3.pngCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-4.pngCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-5.pngCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-6.png
    Last edited by rypz79; 08 Nov 2018 at 04:01.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,545
    Windows10
       #2

    This may help

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-force-remove-language-pack-windows-10
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 34
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    cereberus said:
    This may help

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-force-remove-language-pack-windows-10
    But I need the Hebrew language pack in order to have a Hebrew keyboard layout support.
    I cannot install a QWERTY Hebrew keyboard layout from the en_US language pack.
    The problem is with a redundant keyboard layout not with language pack IMHO.

    Thanks

    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-7.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,545
    Windows10
       #4

    rypz79 said:
    But I need the Hebrew language pack in order to have a Hebrew keyboard layout support.
    I cannot install a QWERTY Hebrew keyboard layout from the en_US language pack.
    The problem is with a redundant keyboard layout not with language pack IMHO.

    Thanks

    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-7.png
    Add the keyboard to En-us.

    Remove en-us language with the powershell command and you will be left with just Hebrew. Then reinstall en-us if you want that or add en keyboard to hebrew etc.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 34
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Alright. I think I've solved it. Here is the "correct" setting:

    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-9.png

    I've installed English (Israel) as my Default language and Hebrew as my secondary language.
    I've lost Cortana - "your region is not supported" (I'm using English as my default language ...go figure) on the process but I guess it's a fair price to pay.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 34
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    BUMP...
    Not solved yet.
    I think I'm going to contact Microsoft support.
    I really don't know from where this ENG_INTL keyboard layout comes out.
    I don't need the Hebrew language pack I only need a Hebrew keyboard layout.
    Unfortunately I cannot add it in the EN_US language pack.
    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-eng.jpgCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-heb.jpg
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,545
    Windows10
       #7

    rypz79 said:
    BUMP...
    Not solved yet.
    I think I'm going to contact Microsoft support.
    I really don't know from where this ENG_INTL keyboard layout comes out.
    I don't need the Hebrew language pack I only need a Hebrew keyboard layout.
    Unfortunately I cannot add it in the EN_US language pack.
    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-eng.jpgCannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely-heb.jpg
    Actually, it may not be windows that does this. Many 3rd party software packages invoke a default keyboard (for touch devices for example) but often poorly implemented eg invoked for all devices regardless. Worse, some do not clean up when app is closed.

    Remote Control apps are really bad for this.

    This has been a long standing issue predating Windows 10.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 34
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Alright I solved it !
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1541670785006


    Control panel -> Region -> [Administrative] -> Copy settings... -> ☑ Welcome screen and system accounts -> OK




    Logout or Restart.

    Thanks !
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums