Windows 10: Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any
Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any
Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same.
Did this = File Explorer - Open to 'This PC' or 'Quick access' - Windows 10 Forums > No Help , But good/helpful post . I made the change.
Under Folder Option > I have Open each Folder in it own window
Not this ='Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer ...
'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer - Windows 10 Forums
Looked under FAQs > File Explorer> File Explorer Right Click = Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Looked under Search > File Explorer> File Explorer Right Click , about 7 pages back did Not find a answer.
LENOVO 10181 Lenovo K450e Desk Top PC
3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790
32702 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
1972.20 GB Hard Drive or 2 TB >1877.27 GB free
Any Ideas or Help
Same here, Windows 10 Pro x64. Clean install. Any ideas on this one?
Registered to say I have the same problem and to give as much detail as possible.
In case anyone has a problem understanding the OP's description of the issue, it's fairly simple:
- Right-click on File Explorer icon on Taskbar.
- Left-click any location under 'Pinned' or 'Recent'.
- The menu closes as it should, but no Explorer window opens at all.
- The only option under the File Explorer taskbar icon that works is the option called 'File Explorer', which just brings you to Quick Access.
- Instead of left-clicking on a location under 'Pinned' or 'Recent', you can also right-click and select 'Open'. However, this ALSO does not work.
- All functionality besides opening Explorer windows works, including right-clicking a location and selecting 'Properties'. (Given that the whole point is to open Explorer windows though, this seriously damages the usefulness of it.)
- Unpinning File Explorer from the Taskbar and then repinning it does not help.
- I've even tried unpinning File Explorer from the Taskbar, deleting it from C:\Users\Simca\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Taskbar\, restarting the computer, and pinning a new window. The problem persists.
- ALL other taskbar icons' menus work fine, including ones that did not work properly for me on Windows 8.1 (Skype's menu options wouldn't work for me on 8.1 and they work fine on 10).
here is my problem what to do ?
That is probably a different issue. The one mentioned in this thread only affects one taskbar entry.
Does it happen on all user accounts, and does it do it on new accounts?
Sorry for the late reply. This is usually a single-account computer, as nobody uses it but me.
For the sake of testing, I went ahead and made a new account ("Test"), and the bug does -not- occur on the new account.
Still would obviously rather fix the existing account's problem if at all possible, and hopefully this information helps narrow down the issue.
Identical thing is happening to me, but without creating a 2nd user account, logging out and back in makes it work. Until next reboot
Found a solution to the problem on another website. I had to uninstall WinCDemu. This is some dvd emulation software. It solved the problem immediately after uninstalling. No reboot required.
Here is the link to the site where I found the solution: Cant open new File Explorer windows by right click on Windows 10 - Super User
I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File...
I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target
And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target
Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10?
I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:
The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and...
Is it possible to choose a default location/folder to open when opening File Explorer from the task bar? Default is that it opens Quick access. I use OneDrive a lot, and would really like to see that I could set that to open that location....
I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a...