1.    02 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    win 10

    Upgrade from windows 7... and all old programs ?


    Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc..
    Now when i start windows 10 all my documents are present but no programs before installed, all are under windows.old / program....
    So with this "upgrade" i must reinstall all old programs ???

    Thank
    Hispa
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hispanico View Post
    Just a question... i upgrade my windows ultimate and select to mantain file, documents, settings etc..
    Now when i start windows 10 all my documents are present but no programs before installed, all are under windows.old / program....
    So with this "upgrade" i must reinstall all old programs ???

    Thank
    Hispa
    Please it is normal or something wrong on installation ?

    Hispa
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10

    your user install programs should be in the programs start menu folder on the new start menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyhi View Post
    your user install programs should be in the programs start menu folder on the new start menu.
    No have not programs.... while on desktop there a file with the apps removed during upgrade, like office, etc... why the upgrade not import these my programs ?

    Hispa
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 382
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Could be those programs aren't compatible with W10.

    Here's what I found on the tutorials page https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html I haven't looked through it to see what's there but it's a start for you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    02 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CmmTch View Post
    Could be those programs aren't compatible with W10.

    Here's what I found on the tutorials page https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html I haven't looked through it to see what's there but it's a start for you.
    Thank but for example in removed apps i see Office 2013 and others apps that are rights for Win 10.
    So is for this reason that i think something is wrong during upgrade.
    You for example with upgrade have maintain some programs installed on windows 7 o 8 ??

    Thank again
    Hispa
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 382
    Windows 10 Home x64

    I am still running Win7 as my main (licensed) OS although I use 10 most of the time, I haven't upgraded to 8, I have been running W10 TP (technical preview) since earlier this year and haven't upgraded to W10 RTM yet.

    Right now my computer is set up to dual boot Win7 and 10, once I upgrade my system I will lose Win7 as an OS since it will be replaced by 10 and the license will move from 7 to 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10
I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything.
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Windows 10 removed ALL my programs (x86)
Hello everyone, I hope this is the right subtopic. I let Windows 10 download and install overnight. Everything fine and well. I log in, and see that some programs have been deleted from my taskbar, I thought Windows 10 simply removed some...
Software and Apps
Uncompatible Programs with Windows 10??
I understood that if any programs that are not compatible with the new operating system of Windows 10. Any programs will uninstall automatically while installing new operating system. Is that correct or not. Because of asking is that I have one PC...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums