Windows 10: Taskbar icons problem ? Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    01 Aug 2015 #1

    Taskbar icons problem ?


    im trying to clean up my task bar and there is 1 thing left thats seriously annoying me.. i dont have any sort of external storage etc connected to the PC yet its not going away..

    screen-cap:


    can anyone help me in figuring out how to get rid of this please!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Aug 2015 #2

    anyone ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       01 Aug 2015 #3

    Right click Taskbar, click Properties, click "Customize" button, click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", and make sure "Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       01 Aug 2015 #4

    Not sure can disable this, hide it, but not disable it. Have any Printer or USB wireless device and or media card readers ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       01 Aug 2015 #5

    You said: View Post
    Right click Taskbar, click Properties, click "Customize" button, click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", and make sure "Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is off.
    May work, unless have one of items i listed
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6

    You said: View Post
    Right click Taskbar, click Properties, click "Customize" button, click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", and make sure "Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is off.
    yeah i never said hide.. my taskbar has all its available icons expanding onto it instead of only showing a few.

    jds63 said: View Post
    Not sure can disable this, hide it, but not disable it. Have any Printer or USB wireless device and or media card readers ?
    these are the device that show up.. but certainly dont have any printers or what not connected nor external storage!

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       01 Aug 2015 #7

    I have a media card reader reasons like to keep mine there, plus i do hook up a external drive at times. What is mass storage device,hdd ? Try turning it off in settings ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       01 Aug 2015 #8

    No, turning off the icon moves it under the arrow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    01 Aug 2015 #9

    jds63 said: View Post
    I have a media card reader reasons like to keep mine there, plus i do hook up a external drive at times. What is mass storage device,hdd ? Try turning it off in settings ?
    removing the device from the list worked and i no longer see the icon appearing in my taskbar now!

    thx for the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       01 Aug 2015 #10

    DiBBz said: View Post
    removing the device from the list worked and i no longer see the icon appearing in my taskbar now!

    thx for the help!
    Which device from list you mean again ? Curious.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? 26716
Make taskbar icons bigger? in General Support
Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =)
How do I remove the desktop.ini and Thumbs.db files that appear on the desktop? Also, I don't use OneDrive, so how do I delete the OneDrive icon from the desktop (there is no option for that on right-click)? Thanks.
Icons in Taskbar Bug in General Support
26684 How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing.
Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? 16206
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:46.
Find Us