How can I make the num lock stay on?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 42
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #31

    I'm still having this problem as well. All the fixes seem to temporary so now I've just changed my behaviour for entering my PIN.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #32

    Num Lock won't stay on, tried all suggestions


    I see that this is an "old thread" so I'm hoping the issue of shutting off Num Lock has been resolved, I like most have tried all that was suggested without success, if there is an answer please advise me where it is. Unlike most my problem has started around
    January 25, 2017

    Thanks
    God bless
    Fromjim

    PS. I am using Windows 10 with all updates, browser is Firefox 51.0.1 up to date
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #33

    I can see that there probably isn't a solution to the Num Lock problem, or at least for some of us, I hope Microsoft will fix this in one of their upgrades. If someone knows something I don't know and how to solve this problem I hope they will post information here or a link we can follow.
    Thanks
    God bless
    Fromjim
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 Home
       #34

    This fixed for me. Navigate to & highlight -
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

    In R panel, highlight InitialKeyboardIndicators r-click to Modify, as follows -
    2147483650 = enable
    2147483648 = disable

    Turn OFF fast startup
    Here's how- Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options\(L column) Change what the power button does"Change settings that are currently unavailable" then untick Turn on fast startup (recommended) and restart. If fast startup is enabled, the reg edit will not stick. Others report otherwise but this did it for me and is quick to test and reset, if it doesn't work. PS; If you re-enable fast startup, hibernation is required, if you disabled it. Good Luck
      My Computer

  5. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,870
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #35

    mrgeek said:
    This fixed for me. Navigate to & highlight -
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

    In R panel, highlight InitialKeyboardIndicators r-click to Modify, as follows -
    2147483650 = enable
    2147483648 = disable

    Turn OFF fast startup
    Here's how- Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options\(L column) Change what the power button does"Change settings that are currently unavailable" then untick Turn on fast startup (recommended) and restart. If fast startup is enabled, the reg edit will not stick. Others report otherwise but this did it for me and is quick to test and reset, if it doesn't work. PS; If you re-enable fast startup, hibernation is required, if you disabled it. Good Luck
    That solution worked on my laptop & desktop PCs a while ago.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #36

    Trying it, let you know later.

    Thanks
    God bless

    Fromjim
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #37

    Well that's the first thing that kept the num lock on after a shutdown, if this continues I'll be happy, I'll let you know in a few days.

    Thank you
    God bless

    Fromjim
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 Home
       #38

    Fromjim said:
    Well that's the first thing that kept the num lock on after a shutdown, if this continues I'll be happy, I'll let you know in a few days. ... Fromjim
    Happy accident. I had tried the reg edit a few times over past year and gave up. I had a Hibernation issue which I then disabled and of course, turned off fast startup, as well. I saw yet another thread on this and tried it again. Lo and behold, the num lock reg edit, along with a couple others, ALL stuck finally ! Good Luck
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #39

    mrgeek said:
    Happy accident. I had tried the reg edit a few times over past year and gave up. I had a Hibernation issue which I then disabled and of course, turned off fast startup, as well. I saw yet another thread on this and tried it again. Lo and behold, the num lock reg edit, along with a couple others, ALL stuck finally ! Good Luck
    Now if I can find a forum that can solve my problem with making round corners on photos I want to use for icons, I even bought several photo editing programs, none could do so with out having a white square background showing behind the new photo that had an image with round corners but sitting on a square background, hope I don't get blasted for giving my thoughts, but again I would like to thank Mrgeek
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 Home
       #40

    I posted your photo issue in the Software thread here -
    Making rounded corners
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums