Windows 10: Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything. Solved

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.


    This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or anything. I get this error every time. Even if I try to save it in my Pictures folder or whatever folder it says, it will say the same thing and ask if I want to save it to my Pictures folder instead. I am also running on an administrator account.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	391 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	27522
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. You's Avatar
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       01 Aug 2015 #2

    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

    Repeat with all of the problematic folders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. You's Avatar
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       01 Aug 2015 #3

    Good luck!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #4

    This solved my problem. Thank you.
    You said: View Post
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

    Repeat with all of the problematic folders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. You's Avatar
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       01 Aug 2015 #5

    You're very welcome!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Aug 2015 #6

    Apparently I am having the same problem again. Any other ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Aug 2015 #7

    Never mind. Solved it again. I have Kaspersky and I went on and went Microsoft Windows troubleshooting and it found problems. I clicked fix issues and it fixed the problem. But thanks again for helping.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Aug 2015 #8

    Permission to save denied..


    ZeldaYoshi said: View Post
    Never mind. Solved it again. I have Kaspersky and I went on and went Microsoft Windows troubleshooting and it found problems. I clicked fix issues and it fixed the problem. But thanks again for helping.
    What was the fix? I am already listed as the owner of all of the folders I have checked...but still denied the option to saving to them; only given the option to 'save to documents' the general docs folder. I also can save to desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    03 Aug 2015 #9

    The way I fixed it...


    thbond said: View Post
    What was the fix? I am already listed as the owner of all of the folders I have checked...but still denied the option to saving to them; only given the option to 'save to documents' the general docs folder. I also can save to desktop.
    ...Go to the folder properties > Security (as mentioned above) but instead of clicking advanced, edit the permissions for 'Home Users' and 'Administrators'. Make sure 'Allow' is ticked for all options by using the 'Edit' button.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    03 Aug 2015 #10

    ZeldaYoshi said: View Post
    This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or anything. I get this error every time. Even if I try to save it in my Pictures folder or whatever folder it says, it will say the same thing and ask if I want to save it to my Pictures folder instead. I am also running on an administrator account
    I had the same issue and my security permissions kept reverting at logon...It was a OneDrive issue, and I posted a fix here:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1438650724267
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then...
Installed windows 10 pro yesterday as an in place upgrade to my 8.1 pro. There is a few issues so far, but the one that is annoying me at the moment is my pictures/documents/music folders. On a fresh reboot of my computer, the first time I try and...
Permission Issues in General Support
Windows 10 seems to have developed an issue for me that is causing UAC-like prompts suggesting that I need Administrator permission. I should probably mention that I am actually using the real Administrator account (this was an upgrade installation...
As many of you are aware windows 10 Preview will have to be removed (on some systems) and the original OS re-installed to get the Upgrade License Activation.. Since you already have the preview of 10 installed - most likely you also have the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums