Windows 10: problem waking up

  1.    01 Aug 2015 #1

    problem waking up


    Hi,
    I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Aug 2015 #2

    I don't know for sure but I have an HP laptop and it does the same thing , but only if I am using my mouse. If I use the touch pad and the mouse is unplugged then it works fine. Hope they can address this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Aug 2015 #3

    sray said: View Post
    I don't know for sure but I have an HP laptop and it does the same thing , but only if I am using my mouse. If I use the touch pad and the mouse is unplugged then it works fine. Hope they can address this.
    I also have a HP, and I always use the mouse, I never had trouble with this until I upgraded to windows 10. so do I have to take the mouse off every time, this is lousy, I am wondering if i should just go back to windows 8.7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #4

    claud said: View Post
    I also have a HP, and I always use the mouse, I never had trouble with this until I upgraded to windows 10. so do I have to take the mouse off every time, this is lousy, I am wondering if i should just go back to windows 8.7
    I think we have one month to go back to windows 8 , so I'm giving them a chance to fix there problems. So far that is the only thing I found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Aug 2015 #5

    sray said: View Post
    I think we have one month to go back to windows 8 , so I'm giving them a chance to fix there problems. So far that is the only thing I found.
    Yea me to but can you explain how you get rid of your mouse, do I disconnect the mouse before I put it in the sleep mode?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6

    I've just been using the pad with the mouse unplugged. It's not a big deal for me though. You can try that and see if it works. I had to force off with the power button to get mine to come back on and I really don't like doing that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Aug 2015 #7

    sray said: View Post
    I've just been using the pad with the mouse unplugged. It's not a big deal for me though. You can try that and see if it works. I had to force off with the power button to get mine to come back on and I really don't like doing that.
    I use a wireless mouse so do i have to disconnect that, yea I am with you I do not like to have to keep turning it on and off
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    01 Aug 2015 #8

    Is it a steelseries mouse? I found that I had power down issues with an old Fang game pad. Once I unplugged it from the USB everything worked. Now I just plug it when I want to use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it?
BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I normally always sleep my PC, rarely shut it down. So I slept my PC like normal after updating to windows 10, and sadface BSOD came up. Tried it again, happened again. It keeps happening, 100% of the time I wake it up, BSOD. Not sure what is going...
My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes, the fans come back on but the screen never wakes up (hit the reset button and reboot). The...
Solved PC Waking up by Itsself in General Support
Any idea why my PC won't stay on hibernate ? It stays on Hibernate about 5 seconds, then wakes up. I unchecked "Allow device to wake the computer" for keyboard, mouse and network adapter. Screenshot by Lightshot
I have the "wake the computer with this device" power management box checked (just for the keyboard, not the mouse). It always woke the computer before but for the last few days, the keyboard lights up but no screen. I have to push the Power button...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.
Find Us