Windows 10: FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows! Solved

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    26 Nov 2015 #31

    EShirou said: View Post
    Don't use this if you don't like exe starting with your system, taking resources, etc. also it might be unsafe. I found this a while ago somewhere via google, but it said to put this into autostart, sadly it doesn't work with autostart if you don't sign out after you login and the login again (and sometimes it doesn't work at all).

    After you apply your desired font size in windows settings (like 125% dpi, I use this with 125%) > Open notepad, paste this into it:

    Code:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000078 /f
    then save it as <yourname>.cmd somewhere on your HDD > open local ground policy editor (gpedit.msc from search bar) > In user config (im translating this from my language so there might be little translation differences) > go to Windows Settings > Scripts (login/logout) > In the window on the right double click on Login to open it (because we want this to be applied every time you login) > in Scripts tab, select Add > then in new window select Browser > navigate to where you saved your cmd file and select it > then just press Ok > Apply > Ok > Then sign out/reboot your pc > Login to your account for the first time after adding this script so it will be applied > then if it will not work, Sign out/reboot again and from now on it should work every time (works for me).
    I tried this fix, but it doesn't work for my 250% scaling. It makes everything go back to 125% scaling and everything becomes very tiny. Can this be modified to match 250% scaling?
    My 4K screen displays almost everything in crisp text except for system dialogues and some non MS apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    26 Nov 2015 #32

    g4rvd4 said: View Post
    I tried this fix, but it doesn't work for my 250% scaling. It makes everything go back to 125% scaling and everything becomes very tiny. Can this be modified to match 250% scaling?
    My 4K screen displays almost everything in crisp text except for system dialogues and some non MS apps.
    The scaling depends on your setting for Logpixels You have 78 which is 125%.

    To get the scaling you require multiply 96 by your percentage and then convert to hex so for 250% it is 96*250/100 = 240. Convert this to hex is F0 so you would want to put in the value
    Code:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x000000F0 /f
    Here are some other scaling factors just in case.

    Code:
    GOTO EndComment 
     
    DpiScalingVer 	- originally 1000
    Win8DpiScaling 	- originally 0 
    LogPixels 	- originally absent
     
          DPI--->Scale Factor
    
      96(x60)--->100%
     120(x78)--->125%
     144(x90)--->150% ** Current**
     192(xC0)--->200% 
     240(xF0)--->250%
    
     Every 25% of the scale factor corresponds to a difference of 24 dpi (120-96)
    :EndComment
    
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000090n /f
    Note that on latest release 10856 the blurry text has gone (for me at least) so this fix isn't required any more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 Nov 2015 #33

    lx07 said: View Post
    The scaling depends on your setting for Logpixels You have 78 which is 125%.

    To get the scaling you require multiply 96 by your percentage and then convert to hex so for 250% it is 96*250/100 = 240. Convert this to hex is F0 so you would want to put in the value
    Code:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x000000F0 /f
    Here are some other scaling factors just in case.

    Code:
    GOTO EndComment 
     
    DpiScalingVer     - originally 1000
    Win8DpiScaling     - originally 0 
    LogPixels     - originally absent
     
          DPI--->Scale Factor
    
      96(x60)--->100%
     120(x78)--->125%
     144(x90)--->150% ** Current**
     192(xC0)--->200% 
     240(xF0)--->250%
    
     Every 25% of the scale factor corresponds to a difference of 24 dpi (120-96)
    :EndComment
    
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000090n /f
    Note that on latest release 10856 the blurry text has gone (for me at least) so this fix isn't required any more.
    Thank you very much for replying.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I added the CMD to task scheduler but the fonts are still blurry.

    Also, I updated to the latest version (10586) but it hasn't solved the problem either!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 Dec 2015 #34

    Why? Do you know how many things run at startup and at various times? Hundreds. Check out AutoRuns and also Task Scheduler in Windows.

    mkdr said: View Post
    As much as I would love to have a fix for this problem (had to go back to 100% for now), I never would use a exe for this which also needs to be run every windows restart.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Dec 2015 #35

    g4rvd4 said: View Post
    Thank you very much for replying.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I added the CMD to task scheduler but the fonts are still blurry.

    Also, I updated to the latest version (10586) but it hasn't solved the problem either!
    Bump!
    So are people still living with this problem or is there a solution?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Dec 2015 #36

    g4rvd4 said: View Post
    Bump!
    So are people still living with this problem or is there a solution?
    Have yet to find anything apart from the OP's exe utility. I have a 13" 1080p laptop and a 23" 1080p 2nd monitor. I want to use the 'recommended' scale factors of 150% and 100%, respectively. The exe solution helps a bit, but text on the second monitor (e.g. for text in folder windows) is still kinda fuzzy. The laptop screen is clear. This is NOT acceptable, and I hope MS releases an update soon to address this!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro and Home
       15 Dec 2015 #37

    Just to update, I have been using this tool on a computer upgraded to Windows 10 Home (no group policy editor) and it works great. Adding the registry entries to startup items or the Task Scheduler doesn't completely fix the problem, so for 10 Home, this seems to be the only solution. On Pro, adding a logon script is the other option.
    The blurry DPI scaling bug is still very much present even after a clean install and the 2015 November 1511 update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       22 Dec 2015 #38

    For blurry fonts in specific apps. menus, toolbars, etc. see this:
    From
    A simple solution for blurry fonts in Windows 10 : Windows10
    For those who still have blurry font problem:
    I just discovered a way to remove it.
    1) Right click on the application you want to correct the fonts of, select Properties
    2) Go to Compatibility tab.
    3) Under Settings section, check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
    4) Apply and close the window.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro and Home
       22 Dec 2015 #39

    sandra said: View Post
    For blurry fonts in specific apps.
    This was already mentioned, but the problem isn't with specific apps or even apps at all. System properties dialog boxes, context menus, etc. are also affected.
    The new (beta as of now) version of the xpxplorer tool is supposed to deal with scaling greater than 150%.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       22 Dec 2015 #40

    Blurry text


    OK, my apps were blurry although my system scaling was set to 100% so different problem I guess. Sorry
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I don't know if it has been asked before but I have had issues that I can reproduce on both my laptop and desktop, with DPI scaling. Applications like Device Manager would scale fine in 8.1, but in 10 the text is stretched. At 125% the text...
Solved Blurry text in General Support
Hello everyone :) Iím running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some...
I installed windows 10 directly from microsoft yesterday rather than waiting for it to roll out to me, and as soon as it finished something was wrong. It was set to 1080p but the edges of the screen were cut off and EVERYTHING was blurry as if it...
I changed the default fonts and icons size to 125% which run smooth on win 7 but on 10 there is a huge difference. I have tried a solutions posted here and here but the fonts looks just horrible 2725927260 icons and files names look...
Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dime | PCWorld
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25.
Find Us