Windows 10: Sleep mode command line doesn't work with Windows 10 anymore ? Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    13 May 2018 #1

    Sleep mode command line doesn't work with Windows 10 anymore ?


    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
    OR
    %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState Sleep


    It will put computer to sleep but after wakeup it show BIOS screen(5 second) -> Windows welcome screen(2second) -> Desktop

    But if I sleep from the Windows button it will wakeup normally to the Desktop straight away


    Question is what is the proper command line to sleep for Windows 10 ?

    Thanks in advance


    --------------------------
    My specs: Core i7-6700 | Gigabyte H170-D3HP (BIOS F20g) | Kingston Hyper-X 2133 (4GBX2) | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | Windows10 Pro (1803)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,625
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       16 May 2018 #2

    I'm not sure of command but have you consider setting your power button to "Sleep".

    Then a gentle click and it should go to sleep.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,116
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18262
       16 May 2018 #3

    Hello akkha, :)

    If you have hibernate enabled, then that command will hibernate the computer instead of sleep.

    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    17 May 2018 #4

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello akkha, :)

    If you have hibernate enabled, then that command will hibernate the computer instead of sleep.

    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    My computer is already Disable Hibernate (I knew it. I have never enable Hibernate) thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 May 2018 #5

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    I'm not sure of command but have you consider setting your power button to "Sleep".

    Then a gentle click and it should go to sleep.
    Yes I used those command line to create a Sleep shortcut. But the wakeup result is weird like I explained above. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 925
    Windows 10 Home x64 and Pro x86
       17 May 2018 #6

    akkha,

    Your description sounds like resuming from hibernate.

    Do you have a sleep state available on your computer? Right-click on the Start button & open PowerShell [Admin] / Command prompt [Admin] then enter this command
    powercfg -a

    Does the response include this as an available sleep state
    Standby (S3)
    or not?

    If not, does it include
    Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)
    instead?

    Denis
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 May 2018 #7

    Try3 said: View Post
    akkha,

    Your description sounds like resuming from hibernate.

    Do you have a sleep state available on your computer? Right-click on the Start button & open PowerShell [Admin] / Command prompt [Admin] then enter this command
    powercfg -a

    Does the response include this as an available sleep state
    Standby (S3)
    or not?

    If not, does it include
    Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)
    instead?

    Denis
    I only have 3 options in Start button -> Power -> Sleep / Shut down / Restart

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-05-17_23-30-08.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	189103
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 925
    Windows 10 Home x64 and Pro x86
       17 May 2018 #8

    akkha,

    In that case I have no useful advice.

    Sorry I could not help,
    Denis
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 10,625
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       17 May 2018 #9

    If your power button supports sleep, which I think you posted above, have you tried that?

    When you disabled hibernation did you issue powercfg command

    powercfg -h off
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 May 2018 #10

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    If your power button supports sleep, which I think you posted above, have you tried that?

    When you disabled hibernation did you issue powercfg command

    powercfg -h off
    My problem is solved after I issue powercfg -h off. Thank you very much Caledon Ken and everyone for helping me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-05-18_10-23-34.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	189205
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved sleep mode doesn't work in Performance & Maintenance
since a few days after having downloaded the last update, sleep mode as i point it doesnt 'remain as sleep i mean the monitor shut down but restart after a few minutes my platform is windows 10 home
How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off.
Hello all, I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my laptop, and just after, I installed Linux Mint (https://www.linuxmint.com/). Then, I had Grub 2.02beta2 to start either LM or Win, it works, but ...... if on Windows, I choose extend sleep mode...
If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule. If I use any of the followingcommand lines, the software cannot wake my computer, I have ran “powercfg/h /off” at C:\windows\system32...
Came across my first major problem. When I try to go into sleep mode (either through the Start menu or pressing the power button), the hard drive light blinks for a second then the screen goes black. BUT... my power light stays on (should be...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.
Find Us