Windows 10: What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy????

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1.    09 May 2018 #61

    To my mind its not a privacy issue if you behave within the law and just going about your daily business and all they're doing is telemetry like what apps you open and for how long.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    09 May 2018 #62

    I may have missed this point being brought up, but I don't think so. There are hundreds of millions of Windows users on this planet, and only several thousand MS employees. How in the world would they (or even the MS data systems) have time to collect personally identifying data on all those hundreds of millions of users? I cannot see where it would even be worth their time and effort.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,443
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       09 May 2018 #63

    CountMike said: View Post
    There are many degrees of trust, doesn't have to be 100%. Who can you trust nowadays ?
    I 100% blindly trust that there is at least one or more bugs in Windows and other MS products. I am also 100% trusting that MS and all other big companies will eventually make mistakes. But I also 100% trust that all these companies will do their best to protect user privacy, where MS currently is on top of my list because I can also protect my children with ease. I also 100% trust that MS will work on improving features regarding privacy and overall user experiences. Finally I 100% trust that MS protects my personal data to the extreme and will not spread that data on purpose.

    Conclusion: I 100% trust MS regarding data collected about me. And I 100% trust that MS as a company would be killed in no time if it would use my or any other users or companies data wrong.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    09 May 2018 #64

    slicendice said: View Post
    I 100% blindly trust that there is at least one or more bugs in Windows and other MS products. I am also 100% trusting that MS and all other big companies will eventually make mistakes. But I also 100% trust that all these companies will do their best to protect user privacy, where MS currently is on top of my list because I can also protect my children with ease. I also 100% trust that MS will work on improving features regarding privacy and overall user experiences. Finally I 100% trust that MS protects my personal data to the extreme and will not spread that data on purpose.

    Conclusion: I 100% trust MS regarding data collected about me. And I 100% trust that MS as a company would be killed in no time if it would use my or any other users or companies data wrong.
    @slicendice

    Ms OK but there are some nasty companies out there still.

    Good example on that was Cambridge Analytica in the UK -- now defunct -- had it been in the USA the directors of that company would have been marched straight off to Jail in Handcuffs in front of all employees.

    Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach | News | The Guardian

    At the very least CEO's of companies who behave like that should be barred from ever running a company again.

    In no way can one even begin to compare Ms with that particular organisation.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 May 2018 #65

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    @slicendice

    Ms OK but there are some nasty companies out there still.

    Good example on that was Cambridge Analytica in the UK -- now defunct -- had it been in the USA the directors of that company would have been marched straight off to Jail in Handcuffs in front of all employees.

    Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach | News | The Guardian

    At the very least CEO's of companies who behave like that should be barred from ever running a company again.

    In no way can one even begin to compare Ms with that particular organisation.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Can't compare organizations who's primary business is data harvesting with organizations/companies that don't profit in $$$$ from it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    09 May 2018 #66

    So ... which companies collect data and don't profit from it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 May 2018 #67

    margrave55 said: View Post
    So ... which companies collect data and don't profit from it?
    All that do not sell it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    09 May 2018 #68

    tdockery97 said: View Post
    I may have missed this point being brought up, but I don't think so. There are hundreds of millions of Windows users on this planet, and only several thousand MS employees. How in the world would they (or even the MS data systems) have time to collect personally identifying data on all those hundreds of millions of users? I cannot see where it would even be worth their time and effort.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 May 2018 #69

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    There is no expectation of privacy anywhere using any OS or Browser ob the NET. Period.
    Dead wrong there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 May 2018 #70

    swarfega said: View Post
    To my mind its not a privacy issue if you behave within the law and just going about your daily business and all they're doing is telemetry like what apps you open and for how long.
    Law's are being written right now to prevent having tech giants holding a file on you. GDPR
    It's a monumental privacy issue. That's not all they are doing.
    They build a file on you, that they can sell to someone on top of a thousand other application.

    And that's called industry spying.
    They are turning the PC experience into an industry spyglass.

    That's the unacceptable part!

    Imagine when It connects to your smart home....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Microsoft introduces new privacy tools ahead of Data Privacy Day - Windows Experience Blog
How to Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy on the Cloud in Windows 10 Microsoft has introduced a new web-based privacy dashboard so you can see and control your activity data from Microsoft including location, search,...
Solved About privacy on windows 10 in General Support
I found This Link about privacy on windows 10 on a you tube video on Another Forum it sounds interesting but I wanted to see what some of you thought of it.Do you think its a good thing or not. ...
Windows 10 and privacy in General Support
There has been a lot of talk concerning Windows 10 and privacy. What settings are actually necessary to change? Is this https://fix10.isleaked.com/ overexaggerating or not? And what telemetry settings do you use? According this site How to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.
Find Us