Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    #41

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It doesn't need to be default.
    You just start it inside of Windows, and it automatically goes straight into the Macrium WinPE.

    Or am I not quite understanding what you mean?

    Maybe you mean for the reboot back into Windows after the restore?
    Then someone needs to click restart on the other end.
    I am impressed, it does the restore automatically - no need to mess with boot orders. It is so close - I just cannot see how to restart to Windows. You can shutdown Macrium but that turn off pc - we need a pc reboot option - maybe there is. Need to look further.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,443
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #42

    cereberus said: View Post
    I am impressed, it does the restore automatically - no need to mess with boot orders. It is so close - I just cannot see how to restart to Windows. You can shutdown Macrium but that turn off pc - we need a pc reboot option - maybe there is. Need to look further.
    I'm sure all of you code kiddies will find a way
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,056
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.379 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       #43

    cereberus said: View Post
    I am impressed, it does the restore automatically - no need to mess with boot orders. It is so close - I just cannot see how to restart to Windows. You can shutdown Macrium but that turn off pc - we need a pc reboot option - maybe there is. Need to look further.
    Cliff S said: View Post
    I'm sure all of you code kiddies will find a way
    There are 3 options.

    1. Modify the image so it contains a user account for Teamviwer, has networking and opens TW using that extra user account.
    2. Macrium has a hidden switch that automatically reboots after successful restore.
    3. Use AutoIT script to find the final Macrium dialog and simulate mouse clicks, and add that to the WinPE environment.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #44

    cereberus said: View Post
    I am impressed, it does the restore automatically - no need to mess with boot orders. It is so close - I just cannot see how to restart to Windows. You can shutdown Macrium but that turn off pc - we need a pc reboot option - maybe there is. Need to look further.
    Well flabber my gast. Macrium Reflect rocks!

    When you press the winpe button, it boots straight to Macrium bypassing start menu AND when it finishes it RESTARTS automatically to the normal boot menu and after set countdown time it boots into default setting (Windows of course).

    So you can restore an image remotely without any user interaction at the other end!

    So @simrick, @slicendice, @Cliff S, I was wrong earlier. You certainly can connect remotely, and restore an image (and take remote control again).

    Now if my family members screw things up, I can sort it remotely assuming I can still get into Windows ,:-D.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,056
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.379 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       #45

    @cereberus AWESOME!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #46

    slicendice said: View Post
    @cereberus AWESOME!
    Kudos to @Cliff S.

    I learnt something new.

    I tested it in a vm and it just worked perfectly. I have been looking for a solution like this without dual booting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,443
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #47

    cereberus said: View Post
    Well flabber my gast. Macrium Reflect rocks!

    When you press the winpe button, it boots straight to Macrium bypassing start menu AND when it finishes it RESTARTS automatically to the normal boot menu and after set countdown time it boots into default setting (Windows of course).

    So you can restore an image remotely without any user interaction at the other end!

    So @simrick, @slicendice, @Cliff S, I was wrong earlier. You certainly can connect remotely, and restore an image (and take remote control again).

    Now if my family members screw things up, I can sort it remotely assuming I can still get into Windows ,:-D.
    With viBoot, you never need to leave the house again if they just send you a current image.(with Skype?) Just fix, save the new image, and send it back
    cereberus said: View Post
    Kudos to @Cliff S.

    I learnt something new.

    I tested it in a vm and it just worked perfectly. I have been looking for a solution like this without dual booting.
    You're welcome.
    I didn't know about the auto restart, as I just do it myself. I don't have the patience for countdowns(that's why I couldn't get a job at NASA. I kept pushing the launch button too early:)).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #48

    cereberus said: View Post
    Well flabber my gast. Macrium Reflect rocks!
    My sentiments exactly, when I was told this could be done!

    cereberus said: View Post
    When you press the winpe button, it boots straight to Macrium bypassing start menu AND when it finishes it RESTARTS automatically to the normal boot menu and after set countdown time it boots into default setting (Windows of course).

    So you can restore an image remotely without any user interaction at the other end!

    So @simrick, @slicendice, @Cliff S, I was wrong earlier. You certainly can connect remotely, and restore an image (and take remote control again).

    Now if WHEN my family members screw things up, I can sort it remotely assuming I can still get into Windows ,:-D.
    Exactly, YES!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 39,823
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #49

    Macrium is amazing!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #50

    cereberus said: View Post
    Kudos to @Cliff S.

    I learnt something new.

    I tested it in a vm and it just worked perfectly. I have been looking for a solution like this without dual booting.
    I have to give full credit to @f14tomcat for this revelation. He's the one who told me it could be done, and how to do it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary on Saturday 30th of July 2016. Windows 10...
Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: This is an open invitation to the next TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 17th of October 2015. The TenForums.com is truly a global community with members from allover the world. This...
Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: This is an open invitation to the next TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 22nd of August 2015. The TenForums.com is truly a global community with members from allover the world. This...
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: Here's the invitation to the next TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 27th of June 2015. The TenForums.com is truly a global community with members from allover the world. This makes...
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 let's organize the First Traditional* TenForums Saturday Live Chat! (* = pun intended ;)) this coming Saturday 16th of May 2015. ...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:16.
Find Us