Windows 10: I'm done with Win10 Solved

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 114
    Windows 10 Home/64bit -Version 1803-Build 17134.167
       10 Apr 2018 #11

    essenbe said: View Post
    This forum exists for the same reason eightforums, sevenforums, Linux forums and Mac Forums exist. None of them are without their problems, no matter what you have heard. We have very few people who bother to register just to say how well their computer runs with Windows 10. We only get people who have problems, just like all other help forums.


    Very true. We also have to take into account how many of the threads are solved or have been forgotten to be marked solved. Lord knows how many times I have kicked myself for not realizing that most of my Windows 10 problems were because the GUI changed somewhat and navigation problems (or I thought they were problems) but really weren't; were solved.


    I was so acclimated to CLI's (Command Line Interface) that Windows 10 introduced a whole new way to deal with the command prompt while actually not in the OS itself (Recovery Environment); but could be used to change things that you normally can't change while logged into the OS directly. In a way it's new; but at the same time, it kind of reminds me of the good old fashion way of dealing with the computer. I still have a keyboard, and don't foresee ever giving it up; at least not yet.

    Every single one of my issues has been solved on TenForums; or I figured out the issue myself with a little reading and common sense while browsing the forums. I'll be one of the guys to say my computer running the 1803 Spring Creators update is running great and I've only had one problem that has been thus far solved.
    Last edited by EyeInTheSky; 10 Apr 2018 at 11:05. Reason: Additional thoughts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Apr 2018 #12

    There must be loads of people who never had a problem with Win10. I am NOT one of them.
    I bought the HP/Win10 for my wife so that she could use it at the university where she studies.
    She'll need it for her final exams coming up soon, and also until that time.
    Returning it to the seller for repair could take weeks and what if it acted up after being fixed? Result: She would not pass her exam. Yes, this is how badly this computer behaves . . .
    It would then be of no comfort to me that Win10 works for millions of other people in such a scenario.
    So I solved the problem . . . . I bought a Mackbook. and I'm pissed off with Win10.
    Had Win10 been human I'd be on death row by now for murder.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Apr 2018 #13

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    That is a Problem with Apple Products, Replacement parts , not under warranty are quite expensive and not readily available.
    Very true, that's the drawback.

    By the way,- Josey Wales,-the best western movie ever made.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Apr 2018 #14

    emtor said: View Post
    Very true, that's the drawback.

    By the way,- Josey Wales,-the best western movie ever made.
    I Know, Thank You
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Apr 2018 #15

    I absolutely LOVE it when people say they are done with computer issues and are switching to Linux/OSX. Good luck. As a Linux user, and someone who supports 3 Macs in a company of nearly 200 users, you haven't encountered computer issues like the ones you'll see soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Apr 2018 #16

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Good Luck with your Mac.
    Just what I was going to say.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 Apr 2018 #17

    If a computer needs to go back to the OEM for repair, how is that the fault of an operating system. As a former HP employee, the first step with an HP is always to wipe the drive and install the OS clean....but that's assuming there are no hardware issues. If it was new and had hardware issues, you simple exchange with the reseller for another one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,376
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       10 Apr 2018 #18

    Hi,
    I believe the repair was to restore the prior os or to see why a factory recovery partition doesn't work or image before the upgrade.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,462
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 Apr 2018 #19

    EyeInTheSky said: View Post
    Very true. We also have to take into account how many of the threads are solved or have been forgotten to be marked solved. Lord knows how many times I have kicked myself for not realizing that most of my Windows 10 problems were because the GUI changed somewhat and navigation problems (or I thought they were problems) but really weren't; were solved.


    I was so acclimated to CLI's (Command Line Interface) that Windows 10 introduced a whole new way to deal with the command prompt while actually not in the OS itself (Recovery Environment); but could be used to change things that you normally can't change while logged into the OS directly. In a way it's new; but at the same time, it kind of reminds me of the good old fashion way of dealing with the computer. I still have a keyboard, and don't foresee ever giving it up; at least not yet.

    Every single one of my issues has been solved on TenForums; or I figured out the issue myself with a little reading and common sense while browsing the forums. I'll be one of the guys to say my computer running the 1803 Spring Creators update is running great and I've only had one problem that has been thus far solved.
    Right on target, Eye! With the (hopefully not) possible problems that arise every so often. I still remember that everything was great, until I downloaded and installed the final bits. A nasty bug had crept in and a whole bunch of us had some real problems.

    Like you, though, I'm expecting everything to be copacetic when the final bits arrive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 20,462
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 Apr 2018 #20

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    I absolutely LOVE it when people say they are done with computer issues and are switching to Linux/OSX. Good luck. As a Linux user, and someone who supports 3 Macs in a company of nearly 200 users, you haven't encountered computer issues like the ones you'll see soon.


    I'm not a Windows Fangirl, nor am I violently opposed to Macs (which hate me, by the way), but that is just plain funny!

    As a support person from the Windows 3.1 era, we had both Windows machines and Macs. I could solve almost every Windows problem, but Macs were so convoluted (to me) that I never solved one of their problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi,I transferred (cut and paste) a very important video that I took this morning via USB cable from Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to Win 10 Pc. I played it once on Win10 and went away from PC. When I came back the file was gone. I can see the link in...
How to get bootable DVD with working Windows 10 OS ? Windows 8.1 Pro paid to Microsoft and used for a while. Miscrosoft updated it to Windows 10. Windows 10 automatic updates "worked" reasoble until 17th of January 2017. The latest...
OK, maybe this was really stupid. I had a 32GB flash drive formatted with the Win10 media upgrade image on it (bootable). I was going to use it to upgrade another system but in the meantime I wanted to copy some programs between two systems. I...
Hi, My disk contains 5 partitions: part1 = ntfs-win10 free upgrade of win home premium (primary) Part2 = ntfs-win7 home premium (primary) Part3 = ext3-Extended (logical) Part4 = ext3-LM rafaela (extended) Part5 = swap (extended) This setup...
I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:40.
Find Us