Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       31 Jul 2015 #1

    I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....


    I encountered a lot of issues.

    1) Store doesn't work (it says that the app can't be opened)
    2) Search icon/bar doesn't work (it doesn't respond when I click it)
    3) I thought Microsoft Edge would be included... but it didn't install when I upgraded

    Basically, it's still Windows 7 with a different appearance.

    I saw a lot of my friends' screenshots on their recent upgrade to Win10, but it seems like I'm the only one with those problems Is it because I just upgraded and did not go through clean install? I really don't know. Please help. Thanks in advance!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       31 Jul 2015 #2

    I am having the EXACT same issue. I am in IT, and have updated the following personal devices to Windows 10: a Surface tablet, a Desktop, and a Laptop without any problems. However, I have been trying to install Windows 10 on my wife's Laptop (done it 3 times now, in varying ways), and her Laptop does not have Edge installed, can't get to Store, and although the "Search / Cortana" window is at the bottom left on the Desktop, it cannot be selected to type in. My other devices all have these two functions.....just this one laptop that is missing these programs. I have tried installing through the Insider, through usb, and through the regular Microsoft web page......same results.

    Anybody have any ideas / solutions?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro x86 and x64 dual boot
       31 Jul 2015 #3

    I had a blank white Cortana window on first upgrade a reboot later and it started working, not sure why you don't have edge.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,372
    Win 10 14393.51
       31 Jul 2015 #4

    Hsolo said: View Post
    I am having the EXACT same issue. I am in IT, and have updated the following personal devices to Windows 10: a Surface tablet, a Desktop, and a Laptop without any problems. However, I have been trying to install Windows 10 on my wife's Laptop (done it 3 times now, in varying ways), and her Laptop does not have Edge installed, can't get to Store, and although the "Search / Cortana" window is at the bottom left on the Desktop, it cannot be selected to type in. My other devices all have these two functions.....just this one laptop that is missing these programs. I have tried installing through the Insider, through usb, and through the regular Microsoft web page......same results.

    Anybody have any ideas / solutions?
    What's the laptop? Giving some hardware information may be helpful.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       01 Aug 2015 #5

    If it helps, my laptop is Ace Aspire 4752-G
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	27333
    After poking around some more, I found out that after running Python and C programs on cmd, my laptop BSODs. Ha ha ha.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       01 Aug 2015 #6

    bobkn said: View Post
    What's the laptop? Giving some hardware information may be helpful.
    Upgraded from Windows 7
    HP Pavilion dv7
    AMD A8-3520M APU with RADeon HD Graphics 1.6 GHz
    6.00 GB RAM
    64-bit OS
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 79
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       01 Aug 2015 #7

    Well you better do a system file check to see if there are corrupt system files.
    have you done the sfc /scannow test? I would start by doing this.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       02 Aug 2015 #8

    rezpower said: View Post
    Well you better do a system file check to see if there are corrupt system files.
    have you done the sfc /scannow test? I would start by doing this.
    I already did, there were no problems detected
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #9

    rezpower said: View Post
    Well you better do a system file check to see if there are corrupt system files.
    have you done the sfc /scannow test? I would start by doing this.
    Me too
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 79
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       03 Aug 2015 #10

    Well in this case "What I would do" or better say "what I did" was to make a clean install.
    If you are familiar with doing this then you will not regret having a clean installed windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
After Upgrading to windows 10
I have upgraded from windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10 pro. It all upgraded without problems & shows its activated. Now I want to make a ISO of the media so I can do a fresh install from scratch but I have a problem, I can't seem to find out what my...
General Support
PC not using 7 ram gb after upgrading to windows 10
I upgraded it yesterday night from windows 8.1, but i could not test it. So today I got home and went testing it, but my games weren't running like before. So I checked my drivers and they are all up-to-date. After seeing the drivers I used...
Drivers and Hardware
Since upgrading to windows 10
Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an...
General Support
HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10
Hi, New to this Forum. I have a Hp-Stream 13, which I installed Windows 10. I immediately started having problems with Wifi. The image on the taskbar shows a partially yellowed out Wifi Icon. When I try to go online a windows message comes...
Drivers and Hardware
Questions about upgrading to windows 10
Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums