Windows 10: Problem running many program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    23 Feb 2018 #1

    Problem running many program


    Hello guys, I have problem with windows 10, I want running 100 programs at one time but my windows only run 30 programs, is there any limitation at windows 10? Please help me,I dont know what to do now, your help very appreciate, thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    23 Feb 2018 #2

    What sort of programs are you running? What happens when you try to exceed 30 - is there an error message?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    23 Feb 2018 #3

    PolarNettles said: View Post
    What sort of programs are you running? What happens when you try to exceed 30 - is there an error message?
    Im running mt4 program for forex trading.There is no error message but it not open new program when it exceed 30.Have a idea sir?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Feb 2018 #4

    botakilmu said: View Post
    Im running mt4 program for forex trading.There is no error message but it not open new program when it exceed 30.Have a idea sir?
    before this im running 50 mt4 account using window 7 and having no problem, but since im upgrade my pc to 8th gen processor, i must using windows 10,seem like windows 10 have a limitation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6,392
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       23 Feb 2018 #5

    botakilmu said: View Post
    I want running 100 programs at one time but my windows only run 30 programs, is there any limitation at windows 10?
    No hard limit on the number of programs you can run. I've just run 100 copies of Notepad as a test - not the hard way, but with this command in a command prompt:
    for /L %n in (1,1,100) do start notepad

    Your MT4 program may be more demanding on particular system resources though and exhausting Windows supply. How is your swapfile set? Is it a fixed size? if so, try setting it to 'System managed'.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 6,392
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       23 Feb 2018 #6

    botakilmu said: View Post
    Im running mt4 program for forex trading.There is no error message but it not open new program when it exceed 30.
    There may be an error report recorded in the Event Log.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    24 Feb 2018 #7

    Can you start any program other than mt4 if you have 30 instances of mt4 running, or is the problem only starting another instance of mt4?

    Please post a screenshot of your task manager, Performance tab when you reach this limit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    24 Feb 2018 #8

    Bree said: View Post
    No hard limit on the number of programs you can run. I've just run 100 copies of Notepad as a test - not the hard way, but with this command in a command prompt:
    for /L %n in (1,1,100) do start notepad

    Your MT4 program may be more demanding on particular system resources though and exhausting Windows supply. How is your swapfile set? Is it a fixed size? if so, try setting it to 'System managed'.
    Thank you sir for your reply, I will try running the program using command prompt as u said and I'll post the result here, thank you very much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    24 Feb 2018 #9

    dalchina said: View Post
    Can you start any program other than mt4 if you have 30 instances of mt4 running, or is the problem only starting another instance of mt4?

    Please post a screenshot of your task manager, Performance tab when you reach this limit.
    I can start other program except mt4 program when it reach 30. I'll post screenshot my pc performance later,thank you for your reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    25 Feb 2018 #10

    Ok, sounds like a limit related to that particular program. I suggest you ask the developers, or post on its forum. I doubt anyone here can help with that. I'm afraid, as it's such a specialised program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Currently using VMware Workstation Pro 12 and I was wondering what are some way/s that I can configure so that the program I'm trying to run doesn't think I'm running it under a VM?
    When an application is open, is there some way to tell if it's being run 'As Administrator'? Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution,...
    I have an old XP program, xReminder Pro, that I have been using for many years. I am currently running it in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 and it runs fine. On my Windows 10 test machine, this program will install and run from a "manual" start in...
    Hello all, I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says "not trusted" and "incompatible". I've tried everything to override this, including importing the...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.
    Find Us