Windows 10: Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen Solved

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       2 Weeks Ago #201

    I am not sure if this will work, but you could disable NVidia from Device Manager and let Intel to handle the graphics. Maybe you could also manually replace the Intel driver with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before upgrading. Maybe it works the other way round (disable Intel, let NVidia). Before you try anything enable System Restore and create a restore point so you can return at a working state anytime.
    Last edited by spapakons; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 50
    windows 10 professional 64-bit
       2 Weeks Ago #202

    spapakons said: View Post
    I am not sure if this will work, but you could disable NVidia from Device Manager and let Intel to handle the graphics. Maybe you could also manually replace the NVidia driver with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before upgrading. Maybe it works the other way round (disable Intel, let NVidia). Before you try anything enable System Restore and create a restore point so you can return at a working state anytime.
    Thank you for your response. I still don't trust my system restore. Although I finally got it working (supposedly, because I don't get an error message when I restore), I only ever see one restore point in it (unless I do it manually). However, I have Macrium Reflect & restore from there.

    I'd really like to find a way to prevent the update from changing any of my graphics drivers. I'm not sure how to do that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       2 Weeks Ago #203

    If you disable the graphics driver, Windows will resort to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and will (hopefully) complete the upgrade without giving you the infamous black screen issue. Even if you see the black screen, wait a few minutes. Windows will probably finish installing some updates and then display the desktop properly. After the upgrade is complete you can then update your graphics drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 50
    windows 10 professional 64-bit
       2 Weeks Ago #204

    spapakons said: View Post
    If you disable the graphics driver, Windows will resort to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and will (hopefully) complete the upgrade without giving you the infamous black screen issue. Even if you see the black screen, wait a few minutes. Windows will probably finish installing some updates and then display the desktop properly. After the upgrade is complete you can then update your graphics drivers.
    Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it, but I have two more questions, as I'm very nervous, after having so many failures. I have:
    nVidia Graphics card GeForce & driver 384.94
    Intel Graphics Card 530 (adapter) & driver is 20.19.15.4624, according to device manager
    Intel i7 chipset

    I just tried to update my Intel graphic driver using device manager & it said I had the latest version. So I went directly to Intel downloads at Downloads for Graphics for 7th Generation IntelĀ® Processors & it said there was one released, 15.46.02.4729, on 7/11/17. I haven't tried to install it yet, but I downloaded their driver update utility at IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility. When I ran it (as administrator), it gave an error & error log.

    So I'm confused. I'm not sure I can update my drivers after the Windows update succeeds, if it does.
    1. If it does succeed, should I just try to update through device manager?
    2. And why would the "latest" driver be 15.46, when I have 20.19?

    Thank you again,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       2 Weeks Ago #205

    If the notebook manufacturer has made some custom changes to the hardware. then you have to install their custom version of the drivers. Installing Intel's official driver could work but missing some features. I would create a restore point and then trying to manually force the Intel driver from Device Manager. It doesn't install by running setup because your hardware ID doesn't fully match the lists of hardware IDs in the Intel's INF file. So you can only manually force it and see if it works. You should not see any difference between versions, so you could just install latest version provided in manufacturer's site. If it works, you don't care.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 50
    windows 10 professional 64-bit
       1 Week Ago #206

    spapakons said: View Post
    If the notebook manufacturer has made some custom changes to the hardware. then you have to install their custom version of the drivers. Installing Intel's official driver could work but missing some features. I would create a restore point and then trying to manually force the Intel driver from Device Manager. It doesn't install by running setup because your hardware ID doesn't fully match the lists of hardware IDs in the Intel's INF file. So you can only manually force it and see if it works. You should not see any difference between versions, so you could just install latest version provided in manufacturer's site. If it works, you don't care.
    Thank you again for your reply & I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I don't have a notebook. This is a desktop computer (I should have mentioned earlier) & was put together with components...not a brand name. In the interim, Windows updated itself to version 1607. This time, I was able to see my desktop. However, the graphics were extremely slow on both the Intel card & the nVidia card. Additionally, certain windows were blank (like the taskbar link to "show hidden icons" window...used to be called systray, I think). After playing around with it, I eventually restored a backup using Macrium Reflect.

    I will try again, using your suggestions, but I'm leaving town for a week. I will let you know what happens. I really appreciate your help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       1 Week Ago #207

    For custom made computer, go to the motherboard manufacturer to download chipset, onboard graphics (Intel), audio and other drivers. Go to NVidia directly for latest NVidia drivers. Probably Windows Update replaced official working drivers with "newer" (but not quite working) Microsoft generic drivers, hence your problem. If you decide to upgrade again make sure you update all your drivers and you should have no problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    1 Week Ago #208

    Tried all the posted fixes. Last thing I tried was a BIOS update on a Toshiba c675-7318 running Win10 1607. Was BIOS version 1.3, upgraded to 2.4. Update notes even state a fix for no display when booting. Worked immediately. Take the risk, update that BIOS!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       1 Week Ago #209

    cmt said: View Post
    Tried all the posted fixes. Last thing I tried was a BIOS update on a Toshiba c675-7318 running Win10 1607. Was BIOS version 1.3, upgraded to 2.4. Update notes even state a fix for no display when booting. Worked immediately. Take the risk, update that BIOS!
    That's true, updating the BIOS makes is more compatible with Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2
    Win7, Win 10 Creators Version
       5 Days Ago #210

    Does Windows 10 set a display driver by profile? I have one profile that when I sign in its black with a curser. The profile had its first load into creators mode version. The last time I thought I had this I just had to switch users and log into another profile and switch back because of somekind of corouption but this doesn't seem to be thr case.
    I'm hoping its just the display setting wrong due to the update but I'd think if It had I'd see my current backround and not a black screen right?

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 Black Screen During Install in Installation and Upgrade
Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went...
I tried updating from 8.1 to 10 from the iso and after a few reboots it just hangs at a black screen, what can i do now? Should i just reboot?
I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I...
When installing windows 10 my computer restarted and it's now a black screen with a cursor. I'm not sure what to do I tried doing things like pressing Ctrl+alt+delete but it doesn't do anything, And if I can is it possible to revert back to windows...
Hello Folks, I've set up Windows 10 (64-bit) on an elderly HP tablet PC (tx1410us). Most of the drivers worked out of the box, I just had too look for the chipset drivers (nforce) and the driver for the Nvidia Go 6150 display adapter. This was...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.
Find Us