Windows 10: Security update severe issues

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       4 Weeks Ago #21

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    Hi all so I'll try and be brief as this problem is quite messy.

    There are a host of other problems I am experiencing with this operating system, it won't even let me take a password off my system despite using the step by step guides windows have posted online. I'm at my wits end with these issues and almost missed a very important deadline today due to it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi there. To be honest that last paragraph is as brief as you needed to be. Sometimes systems get way beyond the repair point. Your choice, of course, but either reset it or clean install and just be done with it. It makes for a clean system instead of wasting valuable time trying to fix. Time saved really. I'd also stick with Defender. Wander over to the BSOD thread or through the forum threads to see how 3rd party AV breaks systems. Again, your choice.

    Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Glad to see you use System Protection for restore points. Wise choice. Also, no need for any other backup software. Windows still has that included, which works great. Either of these two:

    Create Windows Backup in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

    Create System Image in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

    Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

    Tony K
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    4 Weeks Ago #22

    Tony K said: View Post
    Hi there. To be honest that last paragraph is as brief as you needed to be. Sometimes systems get way beyond the repair point. Your choice, of course, but either reset it or clean install and just be done with it. It makes for a clean system instead of wasting valuable time trying to fix. Time saved really. I'd also stick with Defender. Wander over to the BSOD thread or through the forum threads to see how 3rd party AV breaks systems. Again, your choice.

    Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Glad to see you use System Protection for restore points. Wise choice. Also, no need for any other backup software. Windows still has that included, which works great. Either of these two:

    Create Windows Backup in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

    Create System Image in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

    Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

    Tony K
    Windows Backup and Restore is being deprecated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	173415
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,423
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       4 Weeks Ago #23

    simrick said: View Post
    Windows Backup and Restore is being deprecated.
    True, but it still works (for now) in Fall Creators Update. Still, when the time comes that it is removed, there's another TenForums tutorial that @Tony K can refer to

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    4 Weeks Ago #24

    Bree said: View Post
    True, but it still works (for now) in Fall Creators Update. Still, when the time comes that it is removed, there's another TenForums tutorial that @Tony K can refer to

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect
    I did that already in post #4.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       4 Weeks Ago #25

    They've been saying deprecation since 10 was introduced. Still here, even in in Insider Previews.

    I'm thinking MS is rewriting it just as they are CP to UWP Settings app and other features. Only time will tell, not opinions.

    I'm quite sure the OP is capable of making his own decision.

    Tony K
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    4 Weeks Ago #26

    Tony K said: View Post
    They've been saying deprecation since 10 was introduced. Still here, even in in Insider Previews.

    I'm thinking MS is rewriting it just as they are CP to UWP Settings app and other features. Only time will tell, not opinions.

    I'm quite sure the OP is capable of making his own decision.

    Tony K
    This sure doesn't sound like a re-write to me @Tony K.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	173417

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ll-creators-up
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       4 Weeks Ago #27

    "I'm thinking MS is rewriting it" is just my opinion, which means it's not a concrete fact. I suggest you look through all those features on the page you linked. Most are being rewritten or being integrated elsewhere. Just because it's labeled deprecated doesn't mean it's going to be removed for good, but rather for other consideration. Perhaps MS has not made a decision on what they are going to do with backup. All I know as fact is that disk backup still exists in 10. That's remains a choice for the OP.

    I suggest we take this discussion elsewhere, for this is interrupting this OP's thread. We are here to suggest solutions, not have a discussion about who's suggestion is best. Again, I'm quite sure the OP is capable of making his own decisions.

    Tony K
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    4 Weeks Ago #28

    Thanks for all the info while I was asleep. Hard to use the quote system while I'm on a phone though, but all suggestions were helpful.

    In regards to Tony k's advice, I have considered a clean install in the past but I have a few things stopping me from doing that, certain hardware I have will no longer work if I do that due to the way they recognise ownership.

    I'll try my best to reply to all your points now simrick.

    So there are no bangs in device manager, I'm using a win10 that was upgraded from 7, yes I'm fairly sure the main account is an MSA, my system specs should be up to date on my profile now.

    I've disabled fast start up and turned the system off and back on. Funnily enough this got rid of a 3rd account which had created itself ages ago. Ran troubleshooter and it keeps telling me there might be a problem with the driver for local area connection adapter, it's unable to resolve this issue however. Device manager does not seem to allow me to roll back the driver for the network adapter, perhaps I checked incorrectly though.

    I have access to someone else's computer, I was thinking of maybe downloading drivers for my mobo from his system and installing them on mine?

    Edit - I think the adapter is realtek. My mobo is a gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       4 Weeks Ago #29

    Ok, Jordan333. The best of luck to you.

    Tony K
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    4 Weeks Ago #30

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    Thanks for all the info while I was asleep. Hard to use the quote system while I'm on a phone though, but all suggestions were helpful.

    In regards to Tony k's advice, I have considered a clean install in the past but I have a few things stopping me from doing that, certain hardware I have will no longer work if I do that due to the way they recognise ownership.

    I'll try my best to reply to all your points now simrick.
    Yes, I"m sure it's difficult using a phone. No problem, we'll muddle through all right.

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    So there are no bangs in device manager, I'm using a win10 that was upgraded from 7, yes I'm fairly sure the main account is an MSA, my system specs should be up to date on my profile now.
    No bangs - good.
    I'll mention something here, up front, about upgraded W7 systems, just so you are aware.
    I have noticed that, of all the upgraded W7 or W8 systems I have worked on with problems, the majority of them were W7 upgrades. For some reason there is a lot of baggage that hangs around on W7>W10 upgrades; some were able to be fixed, and some not. In any case, there was never a problem found that couldn't be resolved with a clean install of W10. But, I realize you are trying to avoid this, so we'll move in that direction.

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    I've disabled fast start up and turned the system off and back on. Funnily enough this got rid of a 3rd account which had created itself ages ago.
    That does not surprise me.
    Jordan333 said: View Post
    Ran troubleshooter and it keeps telling me there might be a problem with the driver for local area connection adapter, it's unable to resolve this issue however. Device manager does not seem to allow me to roll back the driver for the network adapter, perhaps I checked incorrectly though.
    Okay I'm going to post some screen schots of what I need from you on the NIC in Device Manager. You can snap a pic with your phone and post in the thread. I have to identify the adapter in order to find you the correct driver.

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    I have access to someone else's computer, I was thinking of maybe downloading drivers for my mobo from his system and installing them on mine?
    Excellent. How easy it is for you to get hold of it? In other words, should we come up with a list of downloads that you can get all at once, so as not to bother the owner of that system too much?

    Jordan333 said: View Post
    Edit - I think the adapter is realtek. My mobo is a gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
    I will have a look at your MB shortly. In the meantime, you'll want to run System information once again, for some information I will need.

    So, are you going to turn System Restore on and create some new restore points for your new version? Or, are you going to hold off on that? You can hold off - I just need to know your decision.

    I also will suggest running the SFC /SCANNOW at an Admin Command Prompt, to see what results we get.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-security-issue-update-addressing-reboot-issues/ UPDATE 1/17: Read more: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/firmware-updates-and-initial-performance-data-for-data-center-systems/
Solved Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2017 Issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I just upgraded to KIS 2017 v17.0.0.116(a) using Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.105. I find Safe Money doesn't work - I get an orange border with the message “Driver for protection against screen shots is disabled”. But it is enabled and...
Internet security firewall issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I've been using comodo for a year or so with no problems. A few builds ago, the firewall grayed out and stopped all access. I uninstalled and used defender; all good. I have tried reinstalling and it now says this program not compatible... Also,...
Severe memory leak after last update 80% in Performance & Maintenance
Problem - Memory leak, 4 GB Ram ends up with about 80-88% used Ram with only Edge and about 6 windows opened up. Nothing else running except my light on the PC Zemana Anti-Malware and Anti-Logger. Avira is my main. I've been running these 3 guys for...
I've been running Windows 10 for a little over a week now. At first everything was great, games ran fine, software all worked, and it was like I was still in Windows 7, only better. Now all of a sudden today, when I'm in Star Wars: The Old...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.
Find Us