Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 58
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #11

    pepanee said:
    Try solutions 2 and 3: Fix: Error on Windows 10

    Also BTW, which program did you use to record the video? I've always found software that records my Desktop really buggy and glitchy. Yours is really smooth. I want that program that you're using. What's it called?
    Done all of them still no change..........

    I use Camtasia---- https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html

    It has even a fully functional editor as well..... Though I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC(For editing)........

    I recommend the pro version as work the trial one the no of videos per day is limited.........(Pro---$199)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,525
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #12

    The CBS.log you have uploaded does not list which system files are corrupted are you sure you have upload the CBS.log file content after SFC command finish executing.


    Can you also start File Explorer from C:\Windows folder double click Explorer.exe and let us know the result.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 58
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #13

    FreeBooter said:
    The CBS.log you have uploaded does not list which system files are corrupted are you sure you have upload the CBS.log file content after SFC command finish executing.


    Can you also start File Explorer from C:\Windows folder double click Explorer.exe and let us know the result.
    Explorer is not affected as you can see from my video (at the beggining of the thread) only the modern apps and start menu is affected.......

    This is the CBS.log after the scan.......I am sure
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,525
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #14

    You can reinstall Windows 10 default build in apps open the Powershell as a administrator and execute below command.

    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

    I have ask you to run the File Explorer from C:\Windows\Explorer.exe location because when you click the File Explorer shortcut from Taskbar it displayed error message maybe File Explorer shortcut is corrupted only way to know this is to run File Explorer from C:\Windows\Explorer.exe location.

    When you execute Sfc /Scannow command does the Sfc tool report that there are corrupted system files but was unable fix corrupted system files?
    Last edited by FreeBooter; 02 Jan 2018 at 10:46.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,097
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #15
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,595
    Windows 10 Professional
       #16

    imkvinayan said:
    Done all of them still no change..........

    I use Camtasia---- https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html

    It has even a fully functional editor as well..... Though I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC(For editing)........

    I recommend the pro version as work the trial one the no of videos per day is limited.........(Pro---$199)
    Thanks for the info
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2
    Windows 7
       #17

    Well, I think I have solved the Explorer. exe problem with windows 10. Here is how I got the menu and Microsoft edge to work for me.
    Went to Control Panel>Programs, Then clicked on Windows Features on and off. I found that my old Explorer 11 was checked. I then proceeded to uncheck it and when I did I got a dialog that said are your sure and that some features may not wok. I went ahead and said yes. I then restarted my computer. I went through a short update and then it said working on windows, then my desktop came on and the menu and microsoft edge is now working. I believe that there was a conflict when restarting the computer and was trying to launch both Edge and explorer at the same time causing explorer to not register due to the new windows 10, by turing off the old explorer that seemed to resolve the problem. Try it. it can't hurt anything. Mike
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 58
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #18

    FreeBooter said:
    You can reinstall Windows 10 default build in apps open the Powershell as a administrator and execute below command.

    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

    I have ask you to run the File Explorer from C:\Windows\Explorer.exe location because when you click the File Explorer shortcut from Taskbar it displayed error message maybe File Explorer shortcut is corrupted only way to know this is to run File Explorer from C:\Windows\Explorer.exe location.

    When you execute Sfc /Scannow command does the Sfc tool report that there are corrupted system files but was unable fix corrupted system files?

    Already tried that.....
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 58
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Declared defeat


    After all the things did not work I reverted back to v1703 and upgraded back to v1709........And that solved it.....
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums