Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Aug 2015 #71

    Also don't forget a patch is coming next week which may resolve a lot of issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    07 Aug 2015 #72
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    California
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 Pro

    If it's a serious detriment to the OP, perhaps he should write the code himself. It's a free *upgrade*. Don't like it, don't take it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Aug 2015 #73
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by iBawbag View Post
    Disagree. I hate to admit it but Micro$oft actually won here. Love Windows 10.
    I agree Windows 10 is a winner. I have upgraded all the computers in my house except for one laptop that still has Windows XP and Windows 7 installed. I even purchased a Windows phone and retired my Samsung Galaxy S III. I will admit Windows 10 mobile will occasionally freeze and I have to restart the phone. the only other problem is signing in with my MSA. When I try all I get is spinning dots. Actually I think I am signed in but the phone say's I'm signed in with a local account. I hope the next build release fixes this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Aug 2015 #74
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,535
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by owensdj View Post
    ... and a better File Explorer now.
    I don't consider the W8/W10 "Ribbon" File Explorer to be better.

    The W10 version has a ridiculously cluttered Navigation pane.
    Luckily Brink has created a tutorial that shows how to eliminate some of the clutter:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

    You can't display the Details and Preview panes at the same time.

    The "Options" button is ridiculous (displays a list with 1 item in it).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b10240 File Explorer View Options.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	29225

    On my W10 b10240, choosing "Customize this folder" from the context menu has the exact same effect as selecting "Properties" (i.e. you have to manually chose the "Customize" tab in both cases).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Aug 2015 #75
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    All the world need is more "it's not Windows 7, so it sucks" threads!

    Want Windows 7? Then stick to WINDOWS 7, it's really not brain surgery.

    Just as a car, you wouldn't buy a new one if the one you have works for your needs and the new one doesn't. Common sense, really!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    07 Aug 2015 #76
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,179
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Or just use "Total Commander" far superior to any other file handling system. In a right configurations, with all the add-ons, it can do most anything with files.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    07 Aug 2015 #77
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Or just use "Total Commander" far superior to any other file handling system. In a right configurations, with all the add-ons, it can do most anything with files.
    I use Total Commander but if there's budgetary constraints might try FreeCommander.
    http://freecommander.com/en/summary/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Aug 2015 #78
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Posts : 91
    Windows 10 64 Bit Home Premium
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    I don't consider the W8/W10 "Ribbon" File Explorer to be better.

    The W10 version has a ridiculously cluttered Navigation pane.
    Luckily Brink has created a tutorial that shows how to eliminate some of the clutter:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

    You can't display the Details and Preview panes at the same time.

    The "Options" button is ridiculous (displays a list with 1 item in it).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b10240 File Explorer View Options.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	29225

    On my W10 b10240, choosing "Customize this folder" from the context menu has the exact same effect as selecting "Properties" (i.e. you have to manually chose the "Customize" tab in both cases).

    All the clutter on the Toolbars/Navigation panes are ridiculous with not only Windows 8/10 but also all office programs. More is not better M$!

    lehnerus2000: You are a true believer in K.I.S.S. and clutter is not at all conducive to that premise. I trust you also get the clique's harassment if you stray away from "their common beliefs". They are are the sheep, we are the people who see the world as it should be, not as it is presented to us by M$.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Aug 2015 #79
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by mousegolf View Post
    All the clutter on the Toolbars/Navigation panes are ridiculous with not only Windows 8/10 but also all office programs. More is not better M$!

    lehnerus2000: You are a true believer in K.I.S.S. and clutter is not at all conducive to that premise. I trust you also get the clique's harassment if you stray away from "their common beliefs". They are are the sheep, we are the people who see the world as it should be, not as it is presented to us by M$.
    Sheep?? Not a sheep here. I find things that can be done better in any OS that I've used in the past and today. None is perfect but if you like to guide your flock towards keeping Win7 feel free to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    07 Aug 2015 #80
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Posts : 91
    Windows 10 64 Bit Home Premium
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Sheep?? Not a sheep here. I find things that can be done better in any OS that I've used in the past and today. None is perfect but if you like to guide your flock towards keeping Win7 feel free to.
    I didn't know I was specifically speaking to you. Too funny....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 fail after resetting
Hello, my name is Povilas, i'm new to these forums and i'm looking for help, hope that someone here could gelp me. I installed windows 10 and wanted to reset my pc so it would be clean. I left it to reset and came back after ~ 1h and I saw that it...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows Update Fail 0x80072efd
After Installing 4-5 Updates , I am Stuck On Build 9926 . Whenever I try to Update The Windows through windows update it gives the error 0x80072efd. I have tried the windows update troubleshoot , it detects a registry problem sometimes and repairs...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Driver Updates Fail to Install.
So i went to check for updates, it found 2 updates for my sound and video cards. The new drivers were downloaded... But failed to install, giving me the following error: 0x8024007. If i check for updates again, Windows Update will not find...
Drivers and Hardware
Install on HP 23-N010 fail! :(
So after making an image, I decided to make W10 TP the operating system. Got the 64-bit ISO and proceeded to do the install keeping all programs and data, iow an upgrade. All proceeded with no errors until the final boot. Then all I get is a...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums