Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Aug 2017 #21
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Why do I need to install ASIO4ALL audio drivers?
    I tweaked some BIOS settings: Disabled intel speedstep and set the PCIE speed to Auto, now the clock range of the GPU is 800-1922Mhz but this still haven't fixed anything. I've also did a clean boot without any service running, still stuttering.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Aug 2017 #22
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Humor us... try changing your Power Options from Balanced to High Performance and do some gaming. Let us know what happens?
    I've already did that

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Aug 2017 #23
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,571
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by djanthony93 View Post
    Why do I need to install ASIO4ALL audio drivers?
    Sometimes audio drivers can cause performance issues, especially in games.

    And I see you said you tried my power management suggestion. Sorry that didn't work. The only other thing is to check what other tasks are running in the background by looking at Task Manager and checking what items are hogging resources.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    28 Aug 2017 #24
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by djanthony93 View Post
    Lowered all graphics settings to the minimum, disabled the V-Sync in game and the lag in unreal, the fps is ~140 stable but it's unplayable:
    Is this only happening when you play GTA V ON LINE, or is it also happening in story mode off line? If it's on line, ya, then maybe I can understand the stuttering getting even worse as you increase performance (lower graphics). My (stutter free) video was off line.

    Our resident GTA V on line expert is Blackrose. Don't know if he would have advice for you. There are about 100,000 gamers playing GTA V on line on any given day. I'm sure you are aware of the huge number of search hits you get with a GTA V on line stuttering search, even within the last year. While troubleshooting the issue on your own, I would suggest following Rock Star's advice, especially the last paragraph re the support ticket to see what they say.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtavstuttering.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	150814
    GTAV PC General Troubleshooting – Installation Issues, Crashes, Freezes, Poor Performance Rockstar Support
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Aug 2017 #25
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Is this only happening when you play GTA V ON LINE, or is it also happening in story mode off line? If it's on line, ya, then maybe I can understand the stuttering getting even worse as you increase performance (lower graphics). My (stutter free) video was off line.

    Our resident GTA V on line expert is Blackrose. Don't know if he would have advice for you. There are about 100,000 gamers playing GTA V on line on any given day. I'm sure you are aware of the huge number of search hits you get with a GTA V on line stuttering search, even within the last year. While troubleshooting the issue on your own, I would suggest following Rock Star's advice, especially the last paragraph re the support ticket to see what they say.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtavstuttering.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	150814
    GTAV PC General Troubleshooting €“ Installation Issues, Crashes, Freezes, Poor Performance Rockstar Support
    Every recorded video previously is from an offline session.
    This is a screen showing how the GPU and tasks act when I'm playing:


    When V-Sync is off the CPU barely hits 100% but when it's on it will raise up to 100% ever. Everything is done with the lowest graphics settings possible, I've also tried the Nvidia optimized ones, nothing changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Aug 2017 #26
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by djanthony93 View Post
    Every recorded video previously is from an offline session.

    When V-Sync is off the CPU barely hits 100% but when it's on it will raise up to 100% ever. Everything is done with the lowest graphics settings possible, I've also tried the Nvidia optimized ones, nothing changes.
    It's not clear to me what V Sync on means in your case. Are you talking 144HZ or 60 HZ? Your CPU utilization at 100% is not a good thing. Look at my video. CPU load is in the 60%'s. Try limiting the FPS to 60 to see if that eases the CPU load and the stuttering.

    I don't agree that most of these games are well optimized for PC. A few are, Doom 2016, BF1 maybe GOW4. Look at this video of the stutter fest this guy is experiencing in GTA V. Instead of playing with thread priority I would first see if capping FPS helps.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Aug 2017 #27
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    I'll try to be as clear as possible.
    Every test I've made in GTA V till now (inlcuding those videos) were made at 144hz and for V-Sync off I mean this setting:



    Now, I've set the refresh rate at 60Hz and disabled the VSync, stuttering every sec. The CPU stays at ~75%, I've tried alt-tabbing the game twice and for one time the CPU stayed at 100% till I alt-tabbed again and then got ~75% average.

    Setting the refresh rate at 60Hz and enabling the VSync seems to fix the stuttering but it has an insane input lag and it's unplayable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Aug 2017 #28
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by djanthony93 View Post
    I'll try to be as clear as possible.
    Every test I've made in GTA V till now (inlcuding those videos) were made at 144hz and for V-Sync off I mean this setting:



    Now, I've set the refresh rate at 60Hz and disabled the VSync, stuttering every sec. The CPU stays at ~75%, I've tried alt-tabbing the game twice and for one time the CPU stayed at 100% till I alt-tabbed again and then got ~75% average.

    Setting the refresh rate at 60Hz and enabling the VSync seems to fix the stuttering but it has an insane input lag and it's unplayable.
    Yep, as I figured as that's the only scenario where you are capping FPS to 60. Thank Rock Star for poor CPU optimization and complain with a support request. See if they offer any help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 Aug 2017 #29
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yep, as I figured as that's the only scenario where you are capping FPS to 60. Thank Rock Star for poor CPU optimization and complain with a support request. See if they offer any help.
    Are you able to play without VSync? Since I get stuttering and lag spikes in every game that is a problem of mine
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    28 Aug 2017 #30
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by djanthony93 View Post
    Are you able to play without VSync? Since I get stuttering and lag spikes in every game that is a problem of mine
    As a general rule I go for max graphics and see what my MINIMUM FPS are. If my minimum is 120 or 144 (which is rare) I will lock it in with V Sync. So I don't use V Sync in GTA V.

    I'm surprised to hear you get stuttering in every game. Honestly don't know what's going on as I don't have those other games you mention. Game devs and their console ports. There are so many CPU/MB configurations and they don't spend the time/money on all of them - perhaps the most common - which is maybe a reason why I don't get stutters but you do. I do get those occasional stutters in some games.

    I understand your frustration but I would go with input lag instead of those stutters any day. I would still send in a support request to Rock Star to see if they have any additional advice. Who knows - maybe they have some info that can help with your other games as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys
I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both...
Drivers and Hardware
High network usage causes stuttering/latency (Possible X99 issue?)
Hi. So this is an issue that I have been trying to deal with for the past 12 months, and I have yet to find a true solution... First, allow me to give a little backstory to this issue: I bought my first X99 platform motherboard and CPU around...
Network and Sharing
Clicking, stuttering sound after upgrade to Windows 10 - High latency
Hello! At first everything seemed fine. Everything was working, I only needed to upgrade the VGA driver. I have a xonar D1 card with uni-xonar which worked immediately. Than when I listened to music I noticed clicking and stuttering which got...
Drivers and Hardware
High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver
I was wondering if anyone found a solution for a high latency issue with intel's ethernet drivers and windows 10 which results in ndis.sys driver producing stuttering? It's a known issue which became worse with the release of windows 10 and...
Drivers and Hardware
high dpc latency causing audio stuttering
i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums