High end build, stuttering in every game

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. specialkone's Avatar
    Posts : 2,027
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #11

    djanthony93 said:
    And then what's wrong with my build? How can I analyze which cause the stuttering in game?
    You haven't said much about what your in game graphic settings are at. I don't know about the other games mentioned but GTA V has a huge selection of graphic details and one of those may be causing your occasional stuttering. A GTX 1060 6GB is a good GPU but it isn't designed to handle maxed settings perfectly. If it was Nvidia wouldn't be pleased re their 1070, 1080, 1080 TI sales.

    I'm having a hard time understanding how your friends with lesser hardware aren't experiencing the occasional stutter you do. Are they using the EXACT same graphic settings and monitor resolution? I'd be testing with one monitor only, latest Nvidia drivers with a clean install and V Sync off. I'd run Geforce Experience and go with Nvidia's recommended settings for your hardware and GTA V. Look at all the different settings and what Nvidia is recommending for my hardware:

    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav1.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav2.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav3.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav4.png

    If there is stuttering with the GFE recommended settings I would lower them to say medium to see if the stuttering goes away. If the stuttering goes away based on say medium then you can up the settings to where you were and start reducing them one by one to see which feature is causing the issue.

    Do you have Afterburner/RTSS installed? Sometimes looking at the OSD detail when the stutter occurs can give you a clue of what is happening. I just ran this video, driving, crashing around in GTA V.



    I didn't experience any stuttering but the cause of an occasional in game stutter is hard to isolate. As Nvidia keeps updating new drivers for new game releases, sometimes older games suffer. But I would be looking to see if changing certain in game graphic settings eliminates the stutter.
      My Computer

  2. djanthony93's Avatar
    Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    specialkone said:
    You haven't said much about what your in game graphic settings are at. I don't know about the other games mentioned but GTA V has a huge selection of graphic details and one of those may be causing your occasional stuttering. A GTX 1060 6GB is a good GPU but it isn't designed to handle maxed settings perfectly. If it was Nvidia wouldn't be pleased re their 1070, 1080, 1080 TI sales.

    I'm having a hard time understanding how your friends with lesser hardware aren't experiencing the occasional stutter you do. Are they using the EXACT same graphic settings and monitor resolution? I'd be testing with one monitor only, latest Nvidia drivers with a clean install and V Sync off. I'd run Geforce Experience and go with Nvidia's recommended settings for your hardware and GTA V. Look at all the different settings and what Nvidia is recommending for my hardware:

    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav1.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav2.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav3.png
    High end build, stuttering in every game-gtav4.png

    If there is stuttering with the GFE recommended settings I would lower them to say medium to see if the stuttering goes away. If the stuttering goes away based on say medium then you can up the settings to where you were and start reducing them one by one to see which feature is causing the issue.

    Do you have Afterburner/RTSS installed? Sometimes looking at the OSD detail when the stutter occurs can give you a clue of what is happening. I just ran this video, driving, crashing around in GTA V.



    I didn't experience any stuttering but the cause of an occasional in game stutter is hard to isolate. As Nvidia keeps updating new drivers for new game releases, sometimes older games suffer. But I would be looking to see if changing certain in game graphic settings eliminates the stutter.
    I have already tried the optimized Nvidia settings and lowering them, the problem is still there. When I get those lag spikes the GPU usage will drop as well as fps. I also noticed that I have DPC latency cause by nvlddmkm.sys.
    Could the event viewer be helpful?
      My Computer

  3. djanthony93's Avatar
    Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #13

    I've done another test: PUBG on very low, V-Sync off, when the lag spikes come the GPU clock will go down from 1900Mhz to 1500Mhz and then go back to 1900Mhz
      My Computer

  4. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #14

    Looks like you have an interrupt issue. If no driver updates help, then check all your hardware connections. Check with the manual, what ports are shared and avoid such configurations where shared ports are used (move hardware to other port/plug). Also take a look at the BIOS/UEFI what configurations you have there. These kind of problems can be hard to track down.

    Try disabling everything graphics related in BIOS/UEFI that is not NVidia GPU related, like onboard graphics etc...

    Your issue could be as simple as having an USB mouse connected in wrong USB port. :)
      My Computers

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #15

    I don't like the IRQ assignments of this MB.

    High end build, stuttering in every game-irq_assignment.png

    UPDATE: To the OP, don't worry, Windows should automatically assign it's own IRQ table.
    Last edited by slicendice; 28 Aug 2017 at 11:08.
      My Computers

  6. djanthony93's Avatar
    Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    slicendice said:
    I don't like the IRQ assignments of this MB.

    High end build, stuttering in every game-irq_assignment.png

    UPDATE: To the OP, don't worry, Windows should automatically assign it's own IRQ table.
    I have everything on MSI mode, I've seen there's a BIOS update.



    Should I update the videocard BIOS through MSI Live Update? Support For GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING 6G | Graphics card - The world leader in display performance | MSI Global
      My Computer

  7. djanthony93's Avatar
    Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Lowered all graphics settings to the minimum, disabled the V-Sync in game and the lag in unreal, the fps is ~140 stable but it's unplayable:

    GTA V stuttering #2 - YouTube

    This is how the GPU usage looks like:


    and the Frequency core turns downto 1519Mhz from 1920Mhz sometimes.
      My Computer

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #18

    OMG! Yes that is horrible! Your IRQs are fine though ...hmmm...let me chew on this for a bit....
      My Computers

  9. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #19

    OK, here's one thing that could solve your issues.

    Download latest ASIO4ALL driver, install it and reboot. I ALWAYS install this and rarely do I have any latency issues after that.

    Let me know if it helped. If not, I might have some more ideas...given some time...
      My Computers

  10. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,348
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #20

    djanthony93 said:
    Lowered all graphics settings to the minimum, disabled the V-Sync in game and the lag in unreal, the fps is ~140 stable but it's unplayable:

    GTA V stuttering #2 - YouTube

    This is how the GPU usage looks like:


    and the Frequency core turns downto 1519Mhz from 1920Mhz sometimes.
    Humor us... try changing your Power Options from Balanced to High Performance and do some gaming. Let us know what happens?
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums