Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    10 Jun 2017 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    As worf105 says, you only watch them when you're stuck.
    I use walkthroughs to learn something new about the world I'm playing in, saving a lot of time with it
    Exactly axe0. Walkthroughs are great for such times when you are stuck. Used them many times.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    10 Jun 2017 #22
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    You only watch what you need to watch to get you through where you are stuck.... that is all.
    You don't get my point: I want to resolve it by myself. Playing a game with help from walkthrough, I simply refuse to understand the fun of it, the point of it? Isn't the goal that I as a player resolve problems, find out how and what to do?

    I most definitely will not watch / read any walkthroughs, and for the same reason refuse to use any cracks to get something in-game extra. Take my beloved simulations as an example: what's the point to play Cities Skylines with unlimited funds, when the aim of the game is to manage with what you get and build your city?

    If I manage to build a real metropole with a crack that gives me unlimited funds, or in a shooting game manage to kill all humans on the planet with a crack that gives me unlimited ammo, why on earth am I playing? What's the point?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Jun 2017 #23
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    You don't get my point: I want to resolve it by myself. Playing a game with help from walkthrough, I simply refuse to understand the fun in it.

    I most definitely will not watch / read any walkthroughs, and for the same reason refuse to use any cracks to get something in-game extra. Take my beloved simulations as an example: what's the point to play Cities Skylines with unlimited funds, when the aim of the game is to manage with what you get and build your city?

    If I manage to build a real metropole with a crack that gives me unlimited funds, or in a shooting game manage to kill all humans on the planet with a crack that gives me unlimited ammo, why on earth am I playing? What's the point?
    Whats the difference between a video/writing walkthrough and someone telling you how to do it? You still asked for help/ guidance on the game. Take what you need to get your past the section you are unable to do or just keep persevering until you succeed on your own.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    10 Jun 2017 #24
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Whats the difference between a video/writing walkthrough and someone telling you how to do it? You still asked for help/ guidance on the game. Take what you need to get your past the section you are unable to do or just keep persevering until you succeed on your own.
    The difference is, I only asked one simple thing: how to cut the fence in the beginning. I do not know how these games work, I tried every key. From there on I want to play the game by myself.

    I don't know what kind of game this is, that's why asked what's the objective and if I am a bad guy or good guy. Additionally I asked about this fence cutting because game clearly begins with that. But: from there on, I want to find what's there to find by myself, explore my options by myself, manage the obstacles and go as far as I can by myself.

    I do not ask people about a movie, how it goes and ends or read the synopsis of them before going to see a new movie. I do not ask someone to tell the story of a book, how it develops before reading it. The pleasure comes from finding it out by myself.

    I didn't have any other reason to ask about how to cut the fence than a clear beginner dilemma: Never played a game like this, I do not know what key to press.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Jun 2017 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    England
    Posts : 14,174
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    If any of you is interested with this game, it's completely FREE on Steam right now... I don't know till when.

    Attachment 138610
    Thanks badrobot, downloading now
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Jun 2017 #26
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,490
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The difference is, I only asked one simple thing: how to cut the fence in the beginning. I do not know how these games work, I tried every key. From there on I want to play the game by myself.

    I don't know what kind of game this is, that's why asked what's the objective and if I am a bad guy or good guy. Additionally I asked about this fence cutting because game clearly begins with that. But: from there on, I want to find what's there to find by myself, explore my options by myself, manage the obstacles and go as far as I can by myself.

    I do not ask people about a movie, how it goes and ends or read the synopsis of them before going to see a new movie. I do not ask someone to tell the story of a book, how it develops before reading it. The pleasure comes from finding it out by myself.

    I didn't have any other reason to ask about how to cut the fence than a clear beginner dilemma: Never played a game like this, I do not know what key to press.

    Kari
    Kari, as a practical matter, walkthroughs are no big deal. Just because you watch how someone does it, doesn't mean that is how you have to do it. There are many styles of gameplay and everyone has their own. A walkthrough is just 1 of them. It is just a way of getting you through a part you are absolutely stuck on. I have watched walkthrough's and then played the same mission completely different than the guy doing the walkthrough, just because I have a different gameplay style.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    10 Jun 2017 #27
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,642
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    All, Kari is having problems with the controller (key strokes/comibnations) and not how to get out of a stage of the game.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Jun 2017 #28
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    I have watched walkthrough's and then played the same mission completely different than the guy doing the walkthrough, just because I have a different gameplay style.
    I can understand what you are saying. I guess there are as many ways to play these games as there are players.

    For me, finding out something in a walkthrough that I didn't find out by myself would be a spoiler. That's what I like in simulation games: find it out by yourself, build your city or expand your rail network or whatever by yourself, with stuff and methods you have found out by yourself.

    Any walkthrough would spoil that for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Jun 2017 #29
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    All, Kari is having problems with the controller and not how to get out of a stage of the game.
    YES! The voice of reason!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Jun 2017 #30
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    All, Kari is having problems with the controller (key strokes/comibnations) and not how to get out of a stage of the game.
    That is not how the request for help came across. I never use a controller so I am unable to help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Xbox Free Trial of Gears of War 4 offer June 9-15, 2017
Source: Face the Rise of the Horde with New Skills, Achievements, Inconceivable Difficulty and a Free Trial of Gears 4 - Xbox Wire
Windows 10 News
Surface New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update - June 6th, 2017
Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2017/06/07/updates-for-surface-pro-3-06-june-2017/ Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates Manual Download: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft...
Windows 10 News
Xbox This Week on Xbox: June 2, 2017
Source: This Week on Xbox: June 2, 2017 - Xbox Wire
Windows 10 News
Xbox Play FIFA 17 for Free with Xbox Live Gold June 1-5, 2017
Source: Play FIFA 17 for Free with Xbox Live Gold - Xbox Wire
Windows 10 News
Xbox 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing will be Sunday, June 11th 2017
831926517559021568 831933173294522368
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums