Windows 10: Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working
Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working
The only game I have had trouble with is Minecraft (Mojang version not Win 10)scanning for games on local network not working.
My desktop is an ethernet connection to an actiontec MI424-WR Rev I
All other laptops on wireless connection can see each other. I even tried one of the laptops on Ethernet using my ethernet cable and it still works.
I can direct connect i.e 192.168.1.6:50736 for example.
Here's what I have tried.
- all computers are using the same version of Minecraft 1.11
- checked firewall entries. Turned off firewall.
- Tried port forwarding. Except this doesn't make sense because all the other laptops are connected to same router and they work without the forced port forwarding.
- Took an empty disk drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 pro and then tried Minecraft. Scanning for games on local network does NOT WORK.
- I have uninstalled malwarebytes and admuncher and turned off Windows defender.
Where do I go from here? All my steam games work. Maybe minecraft just doesnt work for some computers?
I find that inviting users on your local network works. So long as each user owns a copy and has a different Xbox account logged into windows 10.
I'm talking about the original Minecraft version NOT Windows 10 Minecraft beta.
From a PC (called PC1 later on; running W10), I do not see other PCs or multimedia boxes connected on my local network.
Using \\192.xx.yy.zz doesn’t work.
From a W10 tablet PC (called PCt later on), I see other connected devices: Dune HD and PC1....
If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network?
Let begin with the beginning.
I have changed my router. Is a 'FritzBox fon WLAN 7170'. First i connected, it was all good, i tried to connect to browser and it was good. Then i tried to connect Steam. "Could not connect to the steam...
I have just up dated four of our computers to windows 10 and set up a wifi network between the 4 computers without too many problems.
However I have a problem with a local connection from my main pc (windows 10) to a pc which runs in parallel (pc...
I've been trying to fix this for the past hour. I have the latest drivers, yet Minecraft still says "Pixel format not accelerated". Here's the crash report:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?
Time: 9/14/15 6:16 PM...