Windows 10: Windows 7 games for windows 10

  1.    03 Apr 2016 #1

    Windows 7 games for windows 10


    Had these games installed and running prior to updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC. Now the games will not open at all. Have tried re-install but no luck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    03 Apr 2016 #2

    Those games no longer work with the current insider builds and I don't think there's a work around.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    03 Apr 2016 #3

    That's not going to make 'she who must be obeyed' very happy. She hates the Win 10 versions, might have to do fresh install on her laptop and take it off slow ring.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,751
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       03 Apr 2016 #4

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Those games no longer work with the current insider builds and I don't think there's a work around.

    Jeff
    Haven't tried those games yet on my Insider computer but they still work on my .164 version of the RTM although one of the last few updates did remove them so I just reinstalled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    07 Apr 2016 #5

    Berton said: View Post
    Haven't tried those games yet on my Insider computer but they still work on my .164 version of the RTM although one of the last few updates did remove them so I just reinstalled.
    msgames_win8_x64.msi, solitaire etc? They work for me on .164. I'm not currently running an Insider build. I don't remember having to reinstall them after an update, ever?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    08 Apr 2016 #6

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    msgames_win8_x64.msi, solitaire etc? They work for me on .164. I'm not currently running an Insider build. I don't remember having to reinstall them after an update, ever?
    They don't run on the last few insider builds and I don't know if that's going to carry over to the RS1 build that everyone gets later this year or not.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    08 Apr 2016 #7

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    They don't run on the last few insider builds and I don't know if that's going to carry over to the RS1 build that everyone gets later this year or not.
    It will be a shame if they don't work anymore. I like playing Hearts and spider solitaire. Internet backgammon too every once in a while.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    08 Apr 2016 #8

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    It will be a shame if they don't work anymore. I like playing Hearts and spider solitaire. Internet backgammon too every once in a while.
    Check out the Store.,. there are some real nice games that might be a good substitute for those games if they're dropped.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    08 Apr 2016 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Check out the Store.,. there are some real nice games that might be a good substitute for those games if they're dropped.

    Jeff
    I'll likely do that if they stop working. Installing that one games pack is a lot easier is all. I wish they would get going with those universal App's. All those type of games either don't exist or are pay for in the XBOX Store. The XBOX Apps in the Windows Store, do not exist in the actual XBOX Store.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am a Windows Insider Preview user. As of the last build, my FreeCell game icoin no longer opens the game. I had been playing it for several months after downloading "Windows 7 Games with patcher", but in the latest Insider Preview build (...
I'm trying to get the old games like minesweeper solitaire spider etc. can't find a download package online. Would appreciate someone helping me get them back. Thanks!
SSD for Windows or Games? in Chillout Room
I am buying a 250 GB SSD. The thing is that I cannot decide whether I should it for games.... Or should I use it for Windows and other softwares. I am confused, someone please suggest. :D
İ upgraded windows 8.1 to windwos 10 but in windwos 10 PC freezing randomly especially in games. While PC freezing nothing was working how can i fix it and i cant go back to windows 8.1 because 1 month passed
In W7, we had Freecell, Spider Spider Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper,Checkers, Backgammon, Solitaire, Chess and some others. I can see these gamesin W10 in the C drive\Windows.old\Windows\winsxs\FileMaps. How do I access andplay these games in W10?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums