How can I recover old files?


  1. Posts : 52
    Windows 8.1
       #1

    How can I recover old files?


    Hi there , So in like 2014 I used to play a game and now I am playing it , I would like to get those 2014 files to get the older version of the game as in the file there will be a .fp file. I would like to get that .fp file of 2014 , Today I have the latest updated files of the game , Is there somehow I can get a very old version of the file so I can get that file to get the older version of the game? I tried right click on the .fp and click properties and prevous versions but i am only getting the game old file of 2015's summer. I really want that 2014 .fp file to play an older version of the game. Thanks alot!!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12,467
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #2

    WindowsLoooveer said:
    Hi there , So in like 2014 I used to play a game and now I am playing it , I would like to get those 2014 files to get the older version of the game as in the file there will be a .fp file. I would like to get that .fp file of 2014 , Today I have the latest updated files of the game , Is there somehow I can get a very old version of the file so I can get that file to get the older version of the game? I tried right click on the .fp and click properties and prevous versions but i am only getting the game old file of 2015's summer. I really want that 2014 .fp file to play an older version of the game. Thanks alot!!
    Do you still have the CD/DVD for the 2014 version? If so, you could re-install it but I'd do a Custom install so as to choose a different Folder or you'd risk over-writing what is already installed. Frequently minor or major changes to newer versions of a program will prevent using older files with it.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 52
    Windows 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Berton said:
    Do you still have the CD/DVD for the 2014 version? If so, you could re-install it but I'd do a Custom install so as to choose a different Folder or you'd risk over-writing what is already installed. Frequently minor or major changes to newer versions of a program will prevent using older files with it.
    Its a downloadable game form the internet
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 52
    Windows 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #4

    I used to play it in 2014 and I want to try and get the game 2014 files back for a .fp file
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 12,467
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #5

    WindowsLoooveer said:
    I used to play it in 2014 and I want to try and get the game 2014 files back for a .fp file
    Sounds like you need to go back to that download site to see if that version is still available.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 52
    Windows 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Berton said:
    Sounds like you need to go back to that download site to see if that version is still available.
    There isnt , there is just the latest one , is there like a program which does want I want? Like go back in time for 2014 file of the game?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums