Windows 10: Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 38
    Windows 10 Technical Preview
       29 Nov 2014 #1

    Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?


    I found my old PC with MS-DOS, anyone knows some cool games?
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Nov 2014 #2

    Search Google for "free MS-DOS" games or similar. The most famous DOS game was Wolfenstein 3D but I think thats still copyrighted to iD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Nov 2014 #3

    swarfega said: View Post
    Search Google for "free MS-DOS" games or similar. The most famous DOS game was Wolfenstein 3D but I think thats still copyrighted to iD.
    Castle Wallenstein was made free few years ago and so was first Doom.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 13,302
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition
       29 Nov 2014 #4

    I actually have a game from 94 called Full Throttle (LucasArts Entertainment), a biker game. It's DOS & now I feel even older then I am..... But it was actually as good game with decent animation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Nov 2014 #5

    CountMike said: View Post
    swarfega said: View Post
    Search Google for "free MS-DOS" games or similar. The most famous DOS game was Wolfenstein 3D but I think thats still copyrighted to iD.
    Castle Wallenstein was made free few years ago and so was first Doom.
    Wasn't aware of this, thats good to hear!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       26 Jan 2015 #6

    Acid Tetris
    Apocalypse Abyss
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Commander Keens
    Cyberia
    Dune II
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    MDK
    One Must Fall 2097
    Seek & Destroy
    Sim City 2000
    Raptor: Call of the Shadows
    The Dig
    Tyrian
    Willy Beamish
    Zone 66
    Winter (scrolling demo, by Yiffware)


    Those are some.
    Last edited by Delicieuxz; 26 Jan 2015 at 06:11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    26 Jan 2015 #7

    Borg 386 said: View Post
    I actually have a game from 94 called Full Throttle (LucasArts Entertainment), a biker game. It's DOS & now I feel even older then I am..... But it was actually as good game with decent animation.
    I still have my copy of Full Throttle stored away in my shed. Right next to Sam And Max Hit the Road and Monkey Island.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Jul 2015 #8

    Dos games


    I really like Hoyle Volume 1 DOS card games on W10 32 bit.
    Joe

    algiuxas said: View Post
    I found my old PC with MS-DOS, anyone knows some cool games?
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,211
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       15 Jul 2015 #9

    Just a note, MS-DOS 6.22 was the last, after that Windows 95 and DOS began the merging of the Disk Operating System and the GUI/Graphical User Interface. I never saw MS-DOS 7.x as an installable OS but a bootable floppy could be made while running Win95 through WinME. I created a WinME boot floppy then used a small program to create a bootable CD from that floppy disk, used it a couple of times several years ago for clients when their floppy drive had died. The biggest issue I have with DOS is no support for 64-bit computers which is also an issue running old games on mew computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Jul 2015 #10

    DOS


    I run an automotive business and have been using a DOS program for the last 27 years, when I had to upgrade to Windows 7, the 32 bit version was my only option unless I used DOSbox (which I tried) on my other 64 bit machine but you could not print invoices. So currently I'm still using W7 32 bit, but most of my DOS programs & games still work with Windows 10 32 bit Technical Preview. But still not sure if I will upgrade my shop computer on July 29th. Must do extensive testing first.

    Berton said: View Post
    Just a note, MS-DOS 6.22 was the last, after that Windows 95 and DOS began the merging of the Disk Operating System and the GUI/Graphical User Interface. I never saw MS-DOS 7.x as an installable OS but a bootable floppy could be made while running Win95 through WinME. I created a WinME boot floppy then used a small program to create a bootable CD from that floppy disk, used it a couple of times several years ago for clients when their floppy drive had died. The biggest issue I have with DOS is no support for 64-bit computers which is also an issue running old games on mew computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Good by IE in Browsers and Email
I've been using IE for my browser for years, but now I am finally done with it. I really got tired of seeing a message that says, "Internet Explorer has stopped working and will shut down. " I always like the spell checker (IESpell) with IE, but I...
im looking to buy a new powerful gaming laptop soon once i sell my current laptop, (primary for gta V) im looking to buy a cyberpowerpc fangbook III but having trouble deciding the gpu. one of them come with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB and...
one good one bad in Windows Updates and Activation
I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message...
Is FreedomPop any good? in Network and Sharing
Hi folks, Has anyone used FreedomPop? Is it actually free, or do you have to pay after so many months? Thanks for any info. :) -Chuck
Just a little cooking tip for you young folks from one of usolder folks who has had so much more experience. I suppose that most of youlike to keep your spices in alphabetical order so that they are easy to find.It seems like a good idea doesn't it?...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.
Find Us