What Games are you playing right now?

  1. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #501

    specialkone said:
    Ya, if that's correct I guess my I7 6700K wouldn't be able to handle it. Pass Mark scores below: PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End
    I have it installed and haven't noticed a performance hit at all with my OC'd 6600K and GTX 1080. I think Bethesda just massively overstated the minimum reqs so people would be happy when their older i7 paired with a GTX 970 could run it.
      My Computer

  2. specialkone's Avatar
    Posts : 2,027
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #502

    blackroseMD1 said:
    I have it installed and haven't noticed a performance hit at all with my OC'd 6600K and GTX 1080. I think Bethesda just massively overstated the minimum reqs so people would be happy when their older i7 paired with a GTX 970 could run it.
    Ok, thanks. Will give it a try. Downloading now, 55GB for the high res textures. Yikes.
      My Computer

  3. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #503

    specialkone said:
    Ok, thanks. Will give it a try. Downloading now, 55GB for the high res textures. Yikes.
    Yeah. Honestly, I don't think you get the full impact unless you're running a 4K monitor or higher. With my 1440p, I can tell the difference, but it's not a huge difference.
      My Computer

  4. specialkone's Avatar
    Posts : 2,027
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #504

    blackroseMD1 said:
    Yeah. Honestly, I don't think you get the full impact unless you're running a 4K monitor or higher. With my 1440p, I can tell the difference, but it's not a huge difference.
    I have the textures installed, all graphics to ultra and I'm not seeing any impact. Maybe it's because I run at 1080P. I have the usual Bethesda scenario of a game dev who locks FPS at 60. Look at the screenshot, GPU usage and temps. The EVGA FTW 1080 is laughing at me as it's about to fall asleep.

    What Games are you playing right now?-fallout-4-2017.02.06-23.42.37.02.jpg
      My Computer

  5. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #505

    @specialkone It's locked at 60 FPS, even with V-sync off?

    I had to use Nvidia Inspector to put an FPS cap of 100 on Fallout 4 because I'd hit 500-600 FPS while lockpicking and it would be impossible to do. I tend to average 70-90 FPS with my EVGA 1080 base model.

    As for the high res pack, yeah, I'd imagine you're not seeing as much impact because you're running 1080. I think it's only really noticeable on higher resolutions. I may try to use NVCP to do 4K DSR and see if I can see a bigger difference. In my opinion, I don't think it's worth the disk space for the negligible results.
      My Computer

  6. Stephanie's Avatar
    Posts : 14,586
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       #506

    I have been trying American Truck Simulator not as easy as you may think but Its great fun (not crashed yet) :)

    What Games are you playing right now?-ats_cov_rgb.jpg

    What Games are you playing right now?-20170205084822_1.jpg
      My Computer

  7. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #507

    Stephanie said:
    I have been trying American Truck Simulator not as easy as you may think but Its great fun (not crashed yet) :)
    I keep thinking about trying that. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet though.
      My Computer

  8. Stephanie's Avatar
    Posts : 14,586
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       #508

    blackroseMD1 said:
    I keep thinking about trying that. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet though.
    Hiya Blackrose 14.99/$18.54 on Steam, cheep fun :)
      My Computer

  9. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #509

    Stephanie said:
    Hiya Blackrose 14.99/$18.54 on Steam, cheep fun :)
    I may pick it up next time it's on sale. I'd like to see how accurate it is with the landscape and highways.
      My Computer

  10. specialkone's Avatar
    Posts : 2,027
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #510

    blackroseMD1 said:
    @specialkone It's locked at 60 FPS, even with V-sync off?

    I had to use Nvidia Inspector to put an FPS cap of 100 on Fallout 4 because I'd hit 500-600 FPS while lockpicking and it would be impossible to do. I tend to average 70-90 FPS with my EVGA 1080 base model.

    As for the high res pack, yeah, I'd imagine you're not seeing as much impact because you're running 1080. I think it's only really noticeable on higher resolutions. I may try to use NVCP to do 4K DSR and see if I can see a bigger difference. In my opinion, I don't think it's worth the disk space for the negligible results.
    I never have vsync on in NV control panel. I didn't see an in game option for vsync. Before I bought the game I read this.

    What Games are you playing right now?-fallout4.png

    Fallout 4 Guide: How to Unlock Framerate to Over 60FPS

    Typical Bethesda (like Wolfenstein) has a 60 FPS PC cap on older games. I'm thinking you must have used that ini hack mentioned in the article to remove the cap. I didn't try it as the article mentions drawbacks. I think you experienced one of them with the crazy framerates and unable to lock pick which I guess you solved with frame limiting with NV inspector. I'm not bothering with all this.

    The game runs smoothly for me. Just a typical console port where devs don't think there is a need for 120-144 hz game play and monitors.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums