Windows 10: What Games are you playing right now?


  1. Posts : 11,771
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       30 Sep 2017 #2081

    I got caught in the grass this race
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,771
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       30 Sep 2017 #2082

    specialkone said: View Post
    You're running the game at 1440P. Hemimax is 1080P and at locked 60 FPS that game certainly isn't showing what HIS GPU can do.

    I tried the unlock too. Wasn't pleased with that - runaway frame rates at least on the 1080's. Don't think the physics of the game are designed for unlocked FPS. This was my solution and my two cents

    Attachment 155896
    Good you got a refund then Good point on the resolution, I didnt think about that
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    30 Sep 2017 #2083

    Hemimax said: View Post
    Well then... Lets heat em up.
    I would really appreciate your expertise in explaining the short version of how I do that so I have to go and read all that OC stuff. I only have a 60hz monitor but I will give it a go. Thanks again for your consideration.
    Personally I don't think a game meant for a capped 60 FPS will give us a good indication of how your EVGA 1070 SC at 1080P performs. Do you have any games with decent graphics (recent hopefully) that don't have the 60 FPS caps. Then simply turn V Sync off and we can see the performance. Witcher 3, SGW3, Sniper Elite 4 and of course the very demanding GRW are game examples that can really test your hardware or heat em up as you say.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Sep 2017 #2084

    Dude said: View Post
    I got caught in the grass this race
    Man those are great graphics, great performance and great driving. Racing games are addictive you know. . I'd like to see more game devs implementing DX12.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,771
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       30 Sep 2017 #2085

    specialkone said: View Post
    Man those are great graphics, great performance and great driving. Racing games are addictive you know. . I'd like to see more game devs implementing DX12.
    And that is a free game in the windows store
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-30_18h09_29.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	885.3 KB 
ID:	155903
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 809
    Win 10 Pro v1803 Build 17134.48
       30 Sep 2017 #2086

    specialkone said: View Post
    Personally I don't think a game meant for a capped 60 FPS will give us a good indication of how your EVGA 1070 SC at 1080P performs. Do you have any games with decent graphics (recent hopefully) that don't have the 60 FPS caps. Then simply turn V Sync off and we can see the performance. Witcher 3, SGW3, Sniper Elite 4 and of course the very demanding GRW are game examples that can really test your hardware or heat em up as you say.
    Na, been using all my allowance for barn finds lately, all I have now is DOOM 2016, Mankind Divided, Battlefield 1, Battlefront, Watch Dogs II and a truckload of older ones.
    I do want to upgrade to LGA2066 or a G-SYNC 240Hz this year, just have not decided yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,771
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       30 Sep 2017 #2087

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 10,694
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       30 Sep 2017 #2088

    Here's a short clip of a game capped at 60 FPS

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 11,771
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       30 Sep 2017 #2089

    essenbe said: View Post
    Here's a short clip of a game capped at 60 FPS

    Great vid Steve, you are a melee master
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    30 Sep 2017 #2090

    Hemimax said: View Post
    Na, been using all my allowance for barn finds lately, all I have now is DOOM 2016, Mankind Divided, Battlefield 1, Battlefront, Watch Dogs II and a truckload of older ones.
    I do want to upgrade to LGA2066 or a G-SYNC 240Hz this year, just have not decided yet.
    BF1 or Doom 2016 would be great games to push the GPU with V Sync off. For Doom 2016, AB's OSD (RTSS 7) works in both OGL and Vulcan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as...
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have had a bunch of Bsods but have managed to get rid of most of them this one however... Anyone else out there that could help me with it would be much appreciated. have updated all drivers have used cc cleaner have run malwarebytes so im at a...
    Hi All, Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games. When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will eventually receive a BSOD screen (I've posted an upload of those files in the link below). I've gone...
    BSOD while playing games on Windows 10 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Good evening. Recently since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 on my spare laptop, I've been running into the BSOD while playing Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft. This occurs somewhat randomly, and has even occurred while just browsing the...
    Done
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:34.
    Find Us