Page 104 of 220 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
  1.    17 May 2017 #1031
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,687
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Make sure your graphics drivers are updated, guys. Nvidia announced that drivers before 382.05 (GeForce)/377.35 (Quadro) on Windows and 381.22 (GF)/375.66 (Quadro) on Linux have multiple vulnerabilities.

    Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 May 2017 #1032
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,792
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Make sure your graphics drivers are updated, guys. Nvidia announced that drivers before 382.05 (GeForce)/377.35 (Quadro) on Windows and 381.22 (GF)/375.66 (Quadro) on Linux have multiple vulnerabilities.

    Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities
    Thank you blackroseMD1
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    17 May 2017 #1033
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,792
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Some game play

    Using nVidia shadow play to record this session and after some small tests it does seem to do well with little to none hit to system performance. Still have the overlay showing system information.

    I thought I was doing so well in this mission but I got complacent and ..................... Just watch

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    17 May 2017 #1034
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    I have looked for HFTS Shadows on the setting but this setting / option was not found. Uploaded 2 videos showing me going through all the settings and rerunning the benchmark
    OK thanks Worf. Seems the game is using enhanced volumetric lighting along with HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion shadowing, which itself is demanding on the GPU. I suspect if you went from Ultra shadows to high or medium you would see an FPS increase.

    Still, your Zotac 1080TI can handle ultra at 60HZ. The graphics in this game seem amazing from your videos, tough on hardware but way better looking than what SGW3 can achieve with that Crytek engine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wildlands.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	135452

    Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands: NVIDIA GameWorks Effects Revealed, 4K 60 FPS Tech Video Released | GeForce
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 May 2017 #1035
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,792
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    OK thanks Worf. Seems the game is using enhanced volumetric lighting along with HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion shadowing, which itself is demanding on the GPU. I suspect if you went from Ultra shadows to high or medium you would see an FPS increase.

    Still, your Zotac 1080TI can handle ultra at 60HZ. The graphics in this game seem amazing from your videos, tough on hardware but way better looking than what SGW3 can achieve with that Crytek engine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wildlands.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	135452

    Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands: NVIDIA GameWorks Effects Revealed, 4K 60 FPS Tech Video Released | GeForce
    I will do some actual game play sometime very soon with the OSD info and upload. WIll see how game play differs from benchmarking. Thanks specialkone
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    17 May 2017 #1036
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Some game play

    Using nVidia shadow play to record this session and after some small tests it does seem to do well with little to none hit to system performance. Still have the overlay showing system information.

    I thought I was doing so well in this mission but I got complacent and ..................... Just watch
    Yep, typically one "detection" and you're done. Still great gameplay, Worf. You're playing it as the devs designed it to be played. Personally, when I see a bunch of bad guys together (especially with an exploding barrel near by) I want to kill them all. I've tried that with a run and hide attempt afterwards which usually leads to death due to detection.

    I'll bet that if you exited the game after that instead of "load last checkpoint" you had to start the mission all over again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 May 2017 #1037
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    No, it starts at the beginning of the mission, but it doesn't save your progress like most games. Most games start up at the last checkpoint during the mission. But, I still back up my saves, just in case.

    I hate that song too. I went into settings and turned the music way down.
    Oh, you're talking about "not saving properly" meaning if you exit the game after death you start the mission all over again as opposed to continuing with a load last check point.

    Ya, it always does that. It is a "game feature" . If a family member asks you to drive them to the shopping mall you just tell them you can't because if you exit SGW3 you have to "start all over again".
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 May 2017 #1038
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,237
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Oh, you're talking about "not saving properly" meaning if you exit the game after death you start the mission all over again as opposed to continuing with a load last check point.

    Ya, it always does that. It is a "game feature" . If a family member asks you to drive them to the shopping mall you just tell them you can't because if you exit SGW3 you have to "start all over again".
    or just ALT + Tab it until I get back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    17 May 2017 #1039
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    or just ALT + Tab it until I get back.
    Our essenbe. Always with a solution. So that's why you can't beat Worf's Time Spy graphic score. You always have to have SGW3 running in the background. I'd go with that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 May 2017 #1040
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,497
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    I already told Steve, I was wondering if anybody else chases all the Steam achievements in games. I have 7 to go in SGW3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41 of 48.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	135477
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games
I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as...
General Support
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games.
Have had a bunch of Bsods but have managed to get rid of most of them this one however... Anyone else out there that could help me with it would be much appreciated. have updated all drivers have used cc cleaner have run malwarebytes so im at a...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube
Hi All, Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games. When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will eventually receive a BSOD screen (I've posted an upload of those files in the link below). I've gone...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD while playing games on Windows 10
Good evening. Recently since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 on my spare laptop, I've been running into the BSOD while playing Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft. This occurs somewhat randomly, and has even occurred while just browsing the...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Playing PC Games on a TV
Done
Gaming
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums