List of Games working on Windows 10

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast
  1. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,707
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #431

    There's no good, standalone tank sim games to speak of any more. Old ones like Panzer Elite Action Fields Of Glory and Panzer Elite Action Dunes of War I cant get to run even on W7 and I tried almost everything.
      My Computers

  2. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       #432

    DOOM & Resident Evil 6 aren't listed.
    Yeah, most game's seem to work fine except for The Witcher 2 & Fallout: New Vegas. I have the dvd format for The Witcher 2, installed it according to manufacturer's guidelines and it still doesn't work
      My Computers

  3. SylenThunder's Avatar
    Posts : 80
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #433

    AS185 said:
    DOOM & Resident Evil 6 aren't listed.
    Yeah, most game's seem to work fine except for The Witcher 2 & Fallout: New Vegas. I have the dvd format for The Witcher 2, installed it according to manufacturer's guidelines and it still doesn't work
    That's odd. I didn't have any issues with Witcher 2 that I can recall. I'll have to get my disk out in a bit and try again. I know I played 1 and 2 through before getting the new one.
      My Computer

  4. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       #434

    SylenThunder said:
    That's odd. I didn't have any issues with Witcher 2 that I can recall. I'll have to get my disk out in a bit and try again. I know I played 1 and 2 through before getting the new one.
    Yeah, it's odd for sure. I did everything as they mentioned in the support section of their website and nothing works at all. The problem is, when I want to launch the game, it's stuck at the Witcher logo With my top of the line system, well, maybe it's too fast or too much down the future I've contacted the support team and awaiting a reasonable response from them. I don't know anymore, anyhow, I'm playing other games atm :)
      My Computers

  5. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 1,148
    Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit
       #435

    AS185 said:
    Yeah, it's odd for sure. I did everything as they mentioned in the support section of their website and nothing works at all. The problem is, when I want to launch the game, it's stuck at the Witcher logo With my top of the line system, well, maybe it's too fast or too much down the future I've contacted the support team and awaiting a reasonable response from them. I don't know anymore, anyhow, I'm playing other games atm :)
    I just installed them and I can say that The Witcher 2 works fine on W10 (GoG Digital Version), so does New Vegas (Steam Digital Version)... well, fine-ish. Fallout was a bit broken, but it's a broken game regardless. But why on earth do you have two 1080Ti's on a 1080p screen AS185? You are bottlenecking yourself because of it, Threadripper is not a gaming CPU and can barely compete with a mainstream i5 7600k in gaming performance. For compute and raw performance it's awesome, and I assume that your machine is built with rendering, compute and multi-threaded applications in mind? I mean you're running 64GB of RAM which is overkill for gaming, literally.
      My Computer

  6. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       #436

    That's not true Faith
    Everyone say's I have the best​ computer possible assembled for the future, so I don't have to worry about complying another one in the coming years I wanted to purchase Intel's Extreme Edition at first but since AMD introduced a cpu close to Intel's EE, it was the winner. My friend's have only one GTX 1070 or 1080 installed but their looking forward to purchasing another graphics card, since their lost in the digital world after playing DOOM on my system I don't know for how long will these 2 Ti's operate but I'm certain, that for the next 5 year's, I'm alright. If the world produces a game higher than 22GB of graphical RAM, I will then consider on buying a different card But, that's not going to happen for a long time. For now I have a 1080p display but within the next year, I'm buying a 4K TV. That being said, I will purchase even more RAM (to 128GB) as soon it minimizes in price because in Poland, everything is expensive This is the fastest system I have ever encountered and there's some knowledge for me to be gain but all in time :)
      My Computers


  7. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 1,148
    Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit
       #437

    AS185 said:
    That's not true Faith
    Everyone say's I have the best​ computer possible assembled for the future, so I don't have to worry about complying another one in the coming years I wanted to purchase Intel's Extreme Edition at first but since AMD introduced a cpu close to Intel's EE, it was the winner.
    You should consider buying cheaper but more regularly instead. That's what great about PCs, you can always upgrade. Your PC can't be cheap, and as I mentioned, if your intention with it is gaming then it's not the best computer assembled for today or the future. Even Ryzen is better at gaming than Threadripper because of TRs fabric latency. The processor even have a game mode that will halve the core/thread count, so more C/T doesn't mean better performance in all cases, it's all about the optimization here, where Intel takes the crown. For multi tasking and workflow your computer is awesome, no question about it.

    AS185 said:
    My friend's have only one GTX 1070 or 1080 installed but their looking forward to purchasing another graphics card, since their lost in the digital world after playing DOOM on my system I don't know for how long will these 2 Ti's operate but I'm certain, that for the next 5 year's, I'm alright. If the world produces a game higher than 22GB of graphical RAM, I will then consider on buying a different card But, that's not going to happen for a long time.
    SLI is soon to be dead. Nvidia had 4-ways SLI before, now they are on only 2 without special equipment because no one wants to optimize for it. For gaming it's dying as few games today supports it, yet alone scales well with it. A single 1080 Ti is overkill for 1080p and good enough for 4K, and Nvidia will release their Turing card series later this year, where a single 1170 will be as fast or maybe faster than one 1080 Ti, just like what happened with Pascal Vs Maxwell of the same cards, for the fraction of the cost.

    AS185 said:
    I will purchase even more RAM (to 128GB) as soon it minimizes in price because in Poland, everything is expensive This is the fastest system I have ever encountered and there's some knowledge for me to be gain but all in time
    I would love to know why you need 128GB of RAM if your intention is gaming and not production or workflow? More RAM doesn't equal faster system. You can do whatever you want to of course, but having been in similar boat as you, I found out that a future proof PC is a myth and buying smart is the best option for computers for daily use.
      My Computer

  8. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       #438

    Well, as I mentioned, to everyone's own opinion Faith What I love about technology, is that you can't keep up with it. That noted, for the time being, I'm alright
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 43
    W10 Home 64Bit
       #439

    SLI does NOT double the memory, no stacking at all. I know it's counter intuitive at first but your max VRAM is 11GB.
    This goes for all DX11 and other api's except for DX12. (and no dx12 game has yet used this new tech, see below.) It's impossible. SLI if done right can be good for 4k gaming due to some (never near double) performance, but SLI is becoming less relevant each gen of GPU. Additionally Nvidia want to get rid of it totally, it's never been given good support anyhow.

    Not to be confused with SLI there is one "potential," way to double the VRAM with two GPUs. DX12's Explicit Multi-GPU. But in testing it has been found to lower the VRAM performance. It is also extremely difficult to program for this.
    Now (May 2018) there are a fair amount of DX12 games, but non of them use this aspect of Multi-GPU, and it is highly unlikely it will ever be used in a DX12 game.

    Having said all that, you do indeed have a very nice and very expensive PC and should be able to max out graphics on any game. However at 1080p the results would be the same as a traditional single highend GPU set up.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 64-bit built 1709
       #440

    Good old Battlefield 2 was working fine, just that attempting to join the local multiplayer shuts the game down, but strangely working when hosting the game and other PCs under W7 can join as well, I had to manually edit on Regedit to add serial key 'cause it never created during installation.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums