Windows 10: List of Games working on Windows 10

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2015 #271

    DinkDink said: View Post
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" Is the only place I can find anything saying "exe" on it. All video files in the game directory have the "bik" on the end.

    I installed it no trouble and put in the CD key so its a totally legit game, but the launch to play fails.

    Put the discs to a virtual HD in Daemon Tools Lite, same thing. Its like Windows 10 just can't run it, and I need a driver for demoshield or something.

    Says nothing if I just hit play on the exe on the Laptop, but in DTL I get the launch screen to uninstall or readme or play or the webpage options, hit play, the demoshield begins and says; "Designed with: Demoshield" Blip! Disappears, nothing! CTD without having opened the game at all.
    try this launcher:

    M2TW_Launcher_Replacement_1.2.zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Aug 2015 #272

    MrNeeds said: View Post
    Okay it didn't work. I totally uninstalled it, and deleted the files manually, because the reason it didn't work is likely because I had a burst of stupid. So could you walk me through an installation of that launcher to see if that's how I used it before or not?

    PS

    I didn't ever have a Steam launcher, because this game was an original copy bought in 2006, I never played Kingdoms, and was never on the Steam network.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Aug 2015 #273

    Is Need for Speed: The Run working in Windows 10? Thanks in advance..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2015 #274

    DinkDink said: View Post
    Okay it didn't work. I totally uninstalled it, and deleted the files manually, because the reason it didn't work is likely because I had a burst of stupid. So could you walk me through an installation of that launcher to see if that's how I used it before or not?

    PS

    I didn't ever have a Steam launcher, because this game was an original copy bought in 2006, I never played Kingdoms, and was never on the Steam network.
    there's a readme in the zip folder which reads

    "INSTALLATION
    Make a copy of/rename the original 'Launcher.exe' in your Medieval 2
    directory, in case the new Launcher doesn't work for you.
    Copy the 'Launcher.exe' from the M2TW_Launcher_Replacement folder into the
    Medieval 2 folder."

    it should work without the steam launcher as this was apparently made for the issues you're having with demoshield (which were present in the steam version).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Aug 2015 #275

    MrNeeds said: View Post
    there's a readme in the zip folder which reads

    "INSTALLATION
    Make a copy of/rename the original 'Launcher.exe' in your Medieval 2
    directory, in case the new Launcher doesn't work for you.
    Copy the 'Launcher.exe' from the M2TW_Launcher_Replacement folder into the
    Medieval 2 folder."

    it should work without the steam launcher as this was apparently made for the issues you're having with demoshield (which were present in the steam version).
    I followed that instruction (at least I think I did it) and here is what the new launcher tells me:

    "M2TW path 'not found'"

    "'medieval2.exe' not found! Medieval 2 TW needs to be installed."

    But..it is...

    What about all the source files, I unzipped that folder and there are a ton of files in it, where do they go, and why was the readme so vague if they have to be installed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2015 #276

    DinkDink said: View Post
    I followed that instruction (at least I think I did it) and here is what the new launcher tells me:

    "M2TW path 'not found'"

    "'medieval2.exe' not found! Medieval 2 TW needs to be installed."

    But..it is...

    What about all the source files, I unzipped that folder and there are a ton of files in it, where do they go, and why was the readme so vague if they have to be installed?
    the source files are included for developers to "improve", it's not necessary to touch those files.

    what happens when you launch medieval2.exe directly?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 464
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       04 Aug 2015 #277

    I didn't see Kerbal Space Program in the OP, it does work fine....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2015 #278

    RWOne said: View Post
    I didn't see Kerbal Space Program in the OP, it does work fine....
    List updated, cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    04 Aug 2015 #279

    Any news on add - ons crashing in FSX?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       05 Aug 2015 #280

    Thrashmetal86 said: View Post
    Any news on add - ons crashing in FSX?
    Not yet, but if there's any issues, I'm sure someone will post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Related Threads
List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hello guys, Recently, I saw many people asking about the working anti-viruses for Windows 10 Technical Preview, so I decided to create a thread and share the information. Because Sharing is Caring! Here is list of some anti-viruses which are...
I have Computer with this specs : Procesor: Core 2 Duo 2.80 E7400 RAM: 4GB Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4500m When I now download FIFA 15 for XBOX360 whether I can play.
Read more: Microsoft is working on streaming PC games to Xbox One | The Verge
So I finally forced my Desktop to install Windows 10 Pro and it all went without any problems, until... I have Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas modded like crazy. I spent weeks on each making them as perfect as I could. I had hundreds of mods that...
List of working apps/programs in Software and Apps
Since the latest build has the kernel revision to 10 (that escalated quickly), I'm curious as to see if this is causing any programs to not work, work just fine, or work in capability mode. List away!
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.
Find Us