Spiderman Remastered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    Spiderman Remastered


    So i'm finding this to only happen on Spiderman Remastered, the game will run for random amounts of time and then it'll crash my system to a black screen, the motherboard will flash the CPU LED light indicating there's something wrong with it. I've monitered both GPU and CPU temps and they've been running around 50-60c so i don't believe it's that, Crashes were also happening with PBO turned off in bios so ensure it wasn't a system overclock causing issues.

    These are my PC specs;

    B450 pro carbon ac
    3080 FE
    2700x
    16GB RAM.
    Running Win10 19041.928

    Just for comparison i can play lost ark (probably more cpu intensive) for hours and hours with no issues. Same with rocket league and cyberpunk 2077 so could it just be the game itself or is it worth doing some more investigating into the computer?

    I ran a log file using hwinfo64. Cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I've attempted to upload the .CSV file on this post but comes up as invalid.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 261
    windows 10 pro build 21h2
       #2

    you are playing multiplayer games. those games have anti cheat. the anti cheat can mess up your pc during multiplayer games. also it can stay running in the background after you close the multiplayer game and mess up the next thing that you do

    uninstall the multiplayer games that you recently played, restart the pc and don't put them back. if you insist on playing multiplayer games then you have to restart the pc after you finish playing to make sure that there is no anti cheat running in the background
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Hmph i dont think that's the issue, i've played multiplayer games for a long time without it affecting single player games. In the case of Spiderman there have been days where that's all i've played and it still crashed even after booting up the machine in the morning. So i don't think it's an anti cheat. I had an error yesterday with valhalla and it crashed to desktop, seems to be a common issue at the moment with people on 3000 series cards on the latest nvidia software. Will downgrade and see how that goes.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,312
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #4

    cns00 said:
    you are playing multiplayer games. those games have anti cheat. the anti cheat can mess up your pc during multiplayer games. also it can stay running in the background after you close the multiplayer game and mess up the next thing that you do

    uninstall the multiplayer games that you recently played, restart the pc and don't put them back. if you insist on playing multiplayer games then you have to restart the pc after you finish playing to make sure that there is no anti cheat running in the background
    Umm, no
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 16,312
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #5

    MrPie said:
    So i'm finding this to only happen on Spiderman Remastered, the game will run for random amounts of time and then it'll crash my system to a black screen, the motherboard will flash the CPU LED light indicating there's something wrong with it. I've monitered both GPU and CPU temps and they've been running around 50-60c so i don't believe it's that, Crashes were also happening with PBO turned off in bios so ensure it wasn't a system overclock causing issues.

    These are my PC specs;

    B450 pro carbon ac
    3080 FE
    2700x
    16GB RAM.
    Running Win10 19041.928

    Just for comparison i can play lost ark (probably more cpu intensive) for hours and hours with no issues. Same with rocket league and cyberpunk 2077 so could it just be the game itself or is it worth doing some more investigating into the computer?

    I ran a log file using hwinfo64. Cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I've attempted to upload the .CSV file on this post but comes up as invalid.
    Your specs and temps are good. Are all drivers, GPU, Chipset up to date? My guess is its the game not your system. What in game settings are you using?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #6

    updated chipset still no luck. GPU was on latest bios update so decided to downgrade but still having an on going issue. I had a 'RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64' on event viewer which indicates spiderman was running where it COULD crash. Only had this once and on valhalla i got a nvlddmkm error when valhalla crashed to desktop instead of a black screen as spiderman would. Some people have pointed it towards a possible PSU issue. I have custom made pci-e cables which i'll replace to rule those out and then if the issue persists i'll swap the RM1000x psu i have with an 850w and see how it runs. Ran windows memory test, haven't had time to run a multi hour long memtest so will do that after but dont think it's a hardware issue tbh...

    For the game settings, spiderman has been running at max settings including DLSS and RTX on. Performance wise it's running fine for what i have, CPU is bottlenecking which i'll be replacing with a 5000 series.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,540
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v21H2
       #7

    Run the Heaven Benchmark to see if it crashes the computer.

    I thought a game was crashing my computer but found that Heaven Benchmark crashed it also. I had to replace my power supply to fix the crashing problem.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Ran it for an hour straight, GPU temps were at 80c but everythings stock at the moment. No crashes, this is really bizarre. Might not be the PSU in this case.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,540
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v21H2
       #9

    MrPie said:
    Ran it for an hour straight, GPU temps were at 80c but everythings stock at the moment. No crashes, this is really bizarre. Might not be the PSU in this case.
    Did you even run the benchmark itself? After Heaven loads you have to select the Benchmark option at the upper left. The benchmark runs for a little more than 4 minutes and displays a score at the end.

    I have an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3060Ti. During the benchmark to the right it shows your GPU temperature. It showed my temperature was 59C.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I ran the benchmark the other day. I just left it looping yesterday before I went for lunch. I'll run another benchmark tonight but don't think it'll crash. Played Valhalla for another hour yesterday with no issues. It could very well be spiderman screwing up somewhere but can't find the same thing happening to other uses. The Cpu led turning on after a black screen could be something else as it seems generic
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums