Cannot remove uninstalled UWP game from start menu. Please help

  1. DJ Lune44's Avatar
    Posts : 23
    Windows 10 Education
       #1

    Cannot remove uninstalled UWP game from start menu. Please help


    I uninstalled a Game Pass game that was not working and no matter what I try, I can't seem to remove from start menu. I checked all the "typical" dirs to see if there was anything left over that was missed but, it doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my system except start menu. I uninstalled it from apps tab in the Windows settings app. When I try to re-download and uninstall, it has an error downloading at about 70% every time so that doesn't work either.
    Nor does:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow
    Cannot remove uninstalled UWP game from start menu. Please help-screenshot-2021-03-18-185508.png

    Anyone have an idea as to how the heck I can remove this entry from the start menu? (Before anyone suggests it, doing a new image is not an option. While I do have a backup image I just recently got everything back to how I had it after doing a clean windows install just after new years.)
    Thanks

    Win ver: Windows 10 EduCannot remove uninstalled UWP game from start menu. Please help-screenshot-2021-03-18-190007.png
      My Computer

  2. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 9,128
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19043.928 (x64) [21H1]
       #2

    @DJ Lune44

    Have you checked these two locations?

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
      My Computer

  3. DJ Lune44's Avatar
    Posts : 23
    Windows 10 Education
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ghot said:
    @DJ Lune44

    Have you checked these two locations?

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

    I have indeed, that's what I meant by "typical" dirs but since it's UWP I assume it's either 1 of 2 things. Either some entry in the registry or maybe something in MSIXVC in WindowsApps folder that didn't get removed.
      My Computer

  4. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 9,128
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19043.928 (x64) [21H1]
       #4

    DJ Lune44 said:
    I have indeed, that's what I meant by "typical" dirs but since it's UWP I assume it's either 1 of 2 things. Either some entry in the registry or maybe something in MSIXVC in WindowsApps folder that didn't get removed.


    Did you search the registry for Code Vein (assuming that's what you're trying to remove)?

    Remember to backup the registry or key before you start deleting things.
      My Computer

  5. DJ Lune44's Avatar
    Posts : 23
    Windows 10 Education
    Thread Starter
       #5

    I did, but nothing came up. I'll trying looking around online and see if maybe someone happened to post anything about it elsewhere. I didn't have much luck earlier but I it doesn't hurt to keep looking. I hate messing with registry unless it's absolutely necessary.
      My Computer

  6. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 9,128
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19043.928 (x64) [21H1]
       #6

    DJ Lune44 said:
    I did, but nothing came up. I'll trying looking around online and see if maybe someone happened to post anything about it elsewhere. I didn't have much luck earlier but I it doesn't hurt to keep looking. I hate messing with registry unless it's absolutely necessary.


    You might try Revo Uninstaller's Hunter Mode.


    Generally, when uninstalling a program I use Revo Uninstaller..
    First it uninstalls the program, then allows you to scan the registry for left overs and delete them.
    Then if there's any other left overs, allows you to delete them as well.

    IF you didn't use Revo Uninstaller initially, there is the Hunter Mode.
    Turning it ON, creates a target looking, large floating icon on your desktop.

    You grab that and drag and drop it on what you are trying to remove, and supposedly, it will find and allow you to remove that as well.

    However, I've never had to use that, as I always use Revo Uninstaller to do the initial uninstall.
    I've been using it for years. It always seems to find all the leftovers.

    In your case I would install Revo Uninstaller and either reinstall Code Vein (if possible), and uninstall with Revo, or try the Hunter Mode.


    Revo Uninstaller Free - Remove unwanted programs easily




    By way of future good practices for anyone, I recommend Macrium Reflect. Most of us on here use that program religiously. With good backups... you can "try" anything, and if you break something... just restore from a backup.

    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
      My Computer

  7. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #7

    DJ Lune44 said:
    (Before anyone suggests it, doing a new image is not an option. While I do have a backup image I just recently got everything back to how I had it after doing a clean windows install just after new years.)
    If you find no solution to this, creating a new user account could help to get fresh start menu, at least just to see if that works or not, it should be less painful than clean OS reload.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums