PC Building Simulator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. gettheclicker's Avatar
    Posts : 249
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Ever since I replaced my measly 19" monitor with an LG 4K UHD 55" I can't stand 1080p. I sit 4 feet or so away from the tv, which is on a corner desk, with my boots propped up. I can clearly tell the difference in resolution. Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't be THAT close but I've already ruined my eye sight
      My Computer

  2. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,381
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #12

    pparks1 said:
    However, he also does Photoshop, Lightroom and After Effects. [snip]
    The i9-9900K is no chump change either when it comes to running Photoshop (or Lightroom) here's my Puget Systems bench score for Photoshop.

    1. PugetBench for Photoshop
    2. PugetBench for Lightroom Classic

    Also have other bench programs there as well.
      My Computers

  3. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,695
    Windows 10 Pro
       #13

    sygnus21 said:
    The i9-9900K is no chump change either when it comes to running Photoshop (or Lightroom) here's my Puget Systems bench score for Photoshop.

    1. PugetBench for Photoshop
    2. PugetBench for Lightroom Classic

    Also have other bench programs there as well.
    I wouldn't expect it to be.

    Looks like they are all right together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC Building Simulator-screenshot_20200128-234946_chrome.jpg   PC Building Simulator-screenshot_20200128-235653_chrome.jpg  
    Last edited by pparks1; 28 Jan 2020 at 22:58.
      My Computers

  4. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,695
    Windows 10 Pro
       #14

    gettheclicker said:
    Ever since I replaced my measly 19" monitor with an LG 4K UHD 55" I can't stand 1080p. I sit 4 feet or so away from the tv, which is on a corner desk, with my boots propped up. I can clearly tell the difference in resolution. Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't be THAT close but I've already ruined my eye sight
    I play call of duty about 4.5 feet from a 75" 4k display, so I know what you mean.
      My Computers

  5. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,381
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #15

    pparks1 said:
    I wouldn't expect it to be.

    Looks like they are all right together.
    Well I actually ran the benchmark (shown in the link) on my system instead of relying on a chart
      My Computers

  6. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,695
    Windows 10 Pro
       #16

    sygnus21 said:
    Well I actually ran the benchmark (shown in the link) on my system instead of relying on a chart
    That's cool. I was already in bed and the computer was shut down, so I wasn't going to go fire up a benchmark.
      My Computers

  7. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,695
    Windows 10 Pro
       #17

    There you go, I had some time this afternoon to kick off the PugetBench V0.8 Beta for Photoshop on Photoshop 2020.

    I'm happy with those results . My CPU and video card together were $1,028.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC Building Simulator-pugetphotoshopbench.png  
      My Computers

  8. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,381
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #18

    LOL - I see you found out how long the test is

    I was going to warn you before but I see you beat me to the post. Yeah it gives an idea of how Photoshop performs on a particular system and gives a score. I think anything over 800 is pretty good (if you believe in that sort of stuff)

    BTW, my score linked that site was posted last year. I've not run the Lightroom test yet cause I didn't know it was out until this week.
      My Computers

  9. gettheclicker's Avatar
    Posts : 249
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #19

    The simulator shows the Ryzen 3900x is a few hundred points better than the intel. I think I will stick with AMD. Can't wait for the new graphics card lineup but by then the misses wouldve found out about how much a card costs and there goes that upgrade. Right now I'm telling her the car won't run without this "intake" kinda line for the pc lol
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums