I want my old windows 7 games back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 160
    Win10 pro Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.867
       #1

    I want my old windows 7 games back


    I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS?

    I have seen some suggestions that the old Win 7 suite of games can be restored from somewhere in the Windows-old folder. Can someone provide a link or layout a tutorial on how to do this?

    And while I'm at it, is there anyway to uninstall the Win 10 games? I want to get rid of everything that includes advertising--it's just spam.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 913
    CP/M
       #2

    I want my old windows 7 games back
    Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

    is there anyway to uninstall the Win 10 games
    Settings - Applications
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 25,076
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #3

    DWFII said:
    I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS?

    I'm told that you can install the W7 games from WinAero. Be warned, keep hold on the installer, the next Feature Update is likely to uninstall them again.

    Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10

    Me, I prefer the simplicity of the older versions used from Win '95 up to XP. I copied mine form an old XP machine, a Feature Update doesn't 'seek and destroy' those.

    And while I'm at it, is there anyway to uninstall the Win 10 games? I want to get rid of everything that includes advertising--it's just spam.
    You should be able to right-click on them and select Uninstall. Whatever you do, don't uninstall the Store. It can be near-impossible to reinstall it, and it is required to keep useful apps like Caculator updated.

    See also:

    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 12,485
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #4

    DWFII said:
    I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7.
    Or did you mean Win10?

    Anyway, the install of the older versions gives a list of individual programs that can be unchecked if not wanted.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 160
    Win10 pro Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.867
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Berton said:
    Or did you mean Win10?

    Anyway, the install of the older versions gives a list of individual programs that can be unchecked if not wanted.

    Yes i did mean windows 10...sorry.

    the install of the older versions gives a list of individual programs that can be unchecked if not wanted.
    Are you talking about the WinAero install?

    I downloaded it but I see that my computer is ready to update as soon as i turn it off tonight so I guess I'll wait til tomorrow to check that out.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,485
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #6

    Are you talking about the WinAero install?
    No, the downloaded file from WinAero for installing the earlier games. I think there is something for WinAero at the bottom of the list or later during the install of the games that can be unchecked.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 160
    Win10 pro Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.867
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Berton said:
    No, the downloaded file from WinAero for installing the earlier games. I think there is something for WinAero at the bottom of the list or later during the install of the games that can be unchecked.

    Now I'm confused...when you said: "the install of the older versions gives a list of individual programs that can be unchecked if not wanted", weren't you talking about the WinAero app? If not then what?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 12,485
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #8

    DWFII said:
    Now I'm confused...when you said: "the install of the older versions gives a list of individual programs that can be unchecked if not wanted", weren't you talking about the WinAero app? If not then what?
    I'm talking about the file that is downloaded from WinAero and used to install the games, that list will show during the install and give choices as to what you want installed.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 3,865
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       #9

    I want my old windows 7 games back-image049.jpg

    I want my old windows 7 games back-image050.jpg
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 160
    Win10 pro Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.867
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I just installed this...looks good. Anyway to consolidate all these games in a folder and place it in the startup menu?

    Right now, each game is listed individually under the recently added list. Games run fine but I would like to get rid of the Microsoft Solitaire collection tile on the right hand side of the start menu and replace it with a tile that opens a WinAero folder.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums