Games slow on 1809

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21

    sorry for the late reply , if you are an nvidia owner then i suggest you install driver 411.7 on build 1809 , yes driver matters per windows build mind you each comes with its ups and downs braking some features to boost others for certain games , so usually not all drivers perform well on all windows builds mind you perform the same and is a matter of trial and error .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #22

    Devilz said: View Post
    I am having similar issues with latest windows update, can you advise how can I uninstall the latest update and revert back to previous version. The games I could play before won't pass the loading screen or not even start throwing fatal error on screen.

    Right now I am at 17763.379
    I had everything going right with 17763.107 but speed was only problem, games worked in general, just were running at lousy speed. I restored to that version because it was last MR backup I had, Then I downloaded and installed KB-s one after another and found that problem returned with 348. It's now OK with 379, maybe even better than with107.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #23

    I refreshed windows to first version, installed the drivers and games(which weren't previously working). Everything seems to work as it should. At the moment the windows I am running is

    Version 1511 OS build 10586.164

    How can I manually select and update to build 17763.107, last confirmed working os build as per @CountMike post?

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #24

    Devilz said: View Post
    I refreshed windows to first version, installed the drivers and games(which weren't previously working). Everything seems to work as it should. At the moment the windows I am running is

    Version 1511 OS build 10586.164

    How can I manually select and update to build 17763.107, last confirmed working os build as per @CountMike post?

    Thanks
    That's pretty old windows version you have !!! Have you ever updated it ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #25

    Refer to my previous post in same thread.

    I was running 17763.379 but started to get problems with few games which worked previously. So I reverted my pc to initial state when I first updated to windows 10.

    Now windows is running on initial build but all games working absolutely fine.

    So what I am trying to do is to upgrade build one by one and see if the problem comes back and if it does at least I will know which update caused the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #26

    Devilz said: View Post
    Refer to my previous post in same thread.

    I was running 17763.379 but started to get problems with few games which worked previously. So I reverted my pc to initial state when I first updated to windows 10.

    Now windows is running on initial build but all games working absolutely fine.

    So what I am trying to do is to upgrade build one by one and see if the problem comes back and if it does at least I will know which update caused the issue.
    You could download one KB after another and try them all one by one until you run into your problem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #27

    Games are now running fine on Skippy too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #28

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...setting_client

    Shall I update versions one by one or I download KB files?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #29

    Devilz said: View Post
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...setting_client

    Shall I update versions one by one or I download KB files?
    KBs one by one is going to be a lot, why don't you start with next full build ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #30

    Version: 1809
    OS Build:17763.379

    Everything seems to be running fine at the moment. Thanks for all the help
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 1809 really slow after update in Performance & Maintenance
Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64, because, after upgrading, i was having very weird problems (MSI afterburner not giving me the option to monitor my cpu temps/speed, really sluggish, really long boots time,...
I've posted this question on the ThinkPad forums with no useful answers. I have a new ThinkPad P52 Xeon E-2176M, 32 GB memory, NVMe SSD Samsung 970 EVO. Pretty much the fastest laptop you can currently get. The setup was redone from scratch...
Does anyone know if the following games are compatible with Windows 10 (version 1809) Grand theft Auto San Andreas (CD version) along with the san andreas multiplayer game Flight simulator X (comes with 3 discs including the acceleration pack) ...
Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809 in Performance & Maintenance
Hi, I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it. Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox VMs and all big games (GTAV, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 3) have unacceptable lag that makes them...
Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot in Performance & Maintenance
I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with restarts in between each... and yes, it took 3 days to figure this out) to narrow my issue down to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.
Find Us