Games compatible with windows 10 (1809)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Karanza's Avatar
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       #1

    Games compatible with windows 10 (1809)


    Does anyone know if the following games are compatible with Windows 10 (version 1809)
    • Grand theft Auto San Andreas (CD version) along with the san andreas multiplayer game
    • Flight simulator X (comes with 3 discs including the acceleration pack)

    I did some research on both of these games and people are saying that none of them are working even when they install it from a CD or DVD. I don't want to pay any extra money (through steam) just for making a game compatible with windows 10. Plus I'm not sure if Microsoft has fixed Flight simulator with updates to make it compatible without having to tweak any of the settings in order to run the game.

    Has anyone tried installing or running one of these games from a CD on this version of windows, if so can you provide me some options in terms of how to make it compatible? I know these types of games are really oldschool but playing them brings back so many great memories from my childhood. Your help is greatly appreciated!
      My Computer

  2. JMedlock83's Avatar
    Posts : 617
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #2

    Karanza said:
    Does anyone know if the following games are compatible with Windows 10 (version 1809)
    • Grand theft Auto San Andreas (CD version) along with the san andreas multiplayer game
    • Flight simulator X (comes with 3 discs including the acceleration pack)

    I did some research on both of these games and people are saying that none of them are working even when they install it from a CD or DVD. I don't want to pay any extra money (through steam) just for making a game compatible with windows 10. Plus I'm not sure if Microsoft has fixed Flight simulator with updates to make it compatible without having to tweak any of the settings in order to run the game.

    Has anyone tried installing or running one of these games from a CD on this version of windows, if so can you provide me some options in terms of how to make it compatible? I know these types of games are really oldschool but playing them brings back so many great memories from my childhood. Your help is greatly appreciated!
    I have no problems running old games. All I do is tell it to Run As Administrator in Windows XP mode, or 98 mode, or whatever.
      My Computers

  3. Karanza's Avatar
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    vgkfan83 said:
    I have no problems running old games. All I do is tell it to Run As Administrator in Windows XP mode, or 98 mode, or whatever.
    Do you have to enable any windows features before installing them?
      My Computer

  4. RoasterMen's Avatar
    Posts : 843
    Windows 10 LTSC
       #4

    San Andreas does work with the latest Windows. It's gonna download something before it launches so make sure windows actually does it or else it won't start.
      My Computer

  5. Karanza's Avatar
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    RoasterMen said:
    San Andreas does work with the latest Windows. It's gonna download something before it launches so make sure windows actually does it or else it won't start.
    what do you mean when it will download something when it launches? When I had my old pc and had San Andreas installed it didnít download anything after launching the game (if thatís what you mean) plus this is coming from a CD version of the game that iíve Bought a long time ago and have used it on both OSís, Windows 7 and Windows xp.

    Iím just confused with what youíre saying, if I want to launch an application like San Andreas after a successful installation the application will launch without prompting me to download anything before launching.
      My Computer

  6. RoasterMen's Avatar
    Posts : 843
    Windows 10 LTSC
       #6

    I couldn't remember what that was a while ago but it's DirectPlay that should download something.

    I tried running at first start (without an internet connection) and DirectPlay needed something for it to run, I ignored it and the game didn't start. I re-installed the game then let DirectPlay download what it needed and it runs fine now.
      My Computer


  7. JMedlock83's Avatar
    Posts : 617
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #7

    Karanza said:
    Do you have to enable any windows features before installing them?
    I haven't had to, no. Just install normally. And when you click on the desktop icon, RIGHT click on it, click the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program in compatibility for: Then select the OS. That's all I do. There is one game I play (Triple Play 99), that I have to adjust my screen resolution, but other than that, it plays fine.
      My Computers

  8. Karanza's Avatar
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    vgkfan83 said:
    I haven't had to, no. Just install normally. And when you click on the desktop icon, RIGHT click on it, click the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program in compatibility for: Then select the OS. That's all I do. There is one game I play (Triple Play 99), that I have to adjust my screen resolution, but other than that, it plays fine.
    Do you know how I can fix the alt tab issue? I heard it’s common for people who play samp on Windows 10 when they press alt tab, the screen goes blank but when they press it again I goes back to the pause menu. Normally when you alt tab it’s suppose to minimize the game and go back to your desktop. Plus I don’t think the developer will release another version of the client since samp is very old and not that many people play that game anymore.
      My Computer

  9. RoasterMen's Avatar
    Posts : 843
    Windows 10 LTSC
       #9

    I played SA-MP and I gotta tell you, move to MTA SA.

    SA-MP hasn't seen development for like months (Probably even a year I think).
      My Computer

  10. Quexos's Avatar
    Posts : 158
    WIN10 LTSC, Linux
       #10

    The only problems I've had with Windows 10 and some older games is a few that require DirectPlay or .NET 3.5. Both can be enabled in Control Panel (the old one..or just search > windows features...) > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off
    .Net 3.5 is right there on top, DirectPlay is under "Legacy Components".

    I just turn both those on as part of my "install routine" these days.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums