Here is what your error message means.
- The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP address.
If you still have issues, here are results mentioning your error code in the past 24 hours.
Let me fix it myself
Before you resolve this problem, clear the Microsoft Internet Explorer cache. To do this, following these steps:
To resolve this error, recreate the database that stores Windows Update information or Microsoft Update information on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Click Start, click Run type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: net stop wuauserv
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: cd /dc:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
Where c:\Windows is the folder where Windows is installed.
- At the command prompt, type the following command including the quotes, and then press ENTER: rd /S /Q DataStore
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: net start wuauserv.
- Exit the command prompt window.