Windows 10: Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ? Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Kevzombie's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 & Linux Mint 17.2
    Thread Starter
       22 May 2018 #11

    CountMike said: View Post
    I used Macruim Reflect free as I make full system backups anyway. I just restored system from one installed in ordinary SSD to 960 evo and set BIOS to boot from it. took 15 minutes.
    Couldn't I essentially unplug the main drive, and then proceed to system recover the factory backup image ? If all I wanted to keep intact was the preinstalled software ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 May 2018 #12

    Kevzombie said: View Post
    Couldn't I essentially unplug the main drive, and then proceed to system recover the factory backup image ? If all I wanted to keep intact was the preinstalled software ?
    Where is your "factory backup image" ? Probably just a partition on existing drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Kevzombie's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 & Linux Mint 17.2
    Thread Starter
       22 May 2018 #13

    CountMike said: View Post
    Where is your "factory backup image" ? Probably just a partition on existing drive.
    I made a factory recovery image on a flash drive. I was going to just clone this current image, but would rather just do a clean install from the factory recovery image. Wouldn't the recovery image on the flashdrive default to what ever drive is currently connected thus reformatting it with all the partitions boot, recovery, os etc...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 May 2018 #14

    Kevzombie said: View Post
    I made a factory recovery image on a flash drive. I was going to just clone this current image, but would rather just do a clean install from the factory recovery image. Wouldn't the recovery image on the flashdrive default to what ever drive is currently connect thus reformatting it with all the partitions boot, recovery, os etc...
    Sorry but I never tried that. I think that you are better off doing clean install and just download programs that were bundled with your system. Can't be much of it and most people avoid them anyway.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Kevzombie's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 & Linux Mint 17.2
    Thread Starter
       22 May 2018 #15

    CountMike said: View Post
    Sorry but I never tried that. I think that you are better off doing clean install and just download programs that were bundled with your system. Can't be much of it and most people avoid them anyway.
    Thanks for your help sir, I think I am going to just install an image from Windows Creation tool. If I can't get some of the software back, I still have the recovery image backed up =D. Appreciate your help and everyone else's.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,351
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       22 May 2018 #16

    CountMike said: View Post
    Sorry but I never tried that. I think that you are better off doing clean install and just download programs that were bundled with your system. Can't be much of it and most people avoid them anyway.
    Correct. Plus the factory recovery image is going to be the current build when the laptop was built. You would have a lot of updating to do. I think you would be better off to do a clean install with the latest version, like @CountMike says.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Hi folks I'm starting in the area of web servers which I want to test on a local VM first - seem to me 3 contenders for this - IIS (Windows), Apache and NGINX (both Linux) I know something about Apache, and a teeny bit about IIS -- however...
3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Just using my computer normal had 2 or 3 BSOD in the last days, I bought this new MSI Laptop expecting to perform great, and the only reason I didn't get so stressed is because you guys were always able to solve my BSOD in the past, I hope you can...
I installed W10 on a W7 PC last weekend. Every time I bring up FireFox I get a Apache Tomcat 404 error. According to Google, it is some kind of Java development tool. I thought I knew aIl of the apps on my PCs but apparently I don't. This one is...
Services Apache & MySQL won't run in Software and Apps
My Windows 7 Pro machine correctly ran Apache and MySQL servers until I accepted the free "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro. Now the services won't stay running. I had previously installed the IndigoAMPP 9.04 distribution from IndigoStar software,...
Apache Cordova and WinJS in Windows 10 News
Read more...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us