Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    10 Aug 2015 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro (x64)

    Dxdiag vs Card System Information


    This is what my dxdiag says:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dxdiagwin10.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	30274

    Nvida says that there direct x 12 but the card is for direct x 11
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nvidiaysinfowin10.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	30275

    It looks like Nvidia will bring Direct X 12 support for my card later this year.
    Windows 10 will not load the NVIDIA display driver for my older graphics card in my PC that has multiple graphics cards
    Last edited by maxknux; 10 Aug 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Nvidia Info
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Aug 2015 #22
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Yeah, it looks like your GPU is a Fermi card, which means it will get DirectX 12 support around the holidays.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Aug 2015 #23
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Mumbai
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by maxknux View Post
    This is what my dxdiag says:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dxdiagwin10.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	30274

    Nvida says that there direct x 12 but the card is for direct x 11
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nvidiaysinfowin10.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	30275

    It looks like Nvidia will bring Direct X 12 support for my card later this year.
    Windows 10 will not load the NVIDIA display driver for my older graphics card in my PC that has multiple graphics cards

    there is something called directx feature level which is introduced in Dx11 API, though your card supports to directx 12 the feature level is 11_1 I believe
    feature level 11_11 don't have Volume Tiled Resources, Resource Binding Tier is Tier1+, Tiled Resources is optional. feature level 11_1 requires Direct3D 11.1 runtime since you have 11.2, means you are in feature level 11_1.


    Direct3D feature levels (Windows)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Aug 2015 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    United States
    Posts : 165
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Yeah, it looks like your GPU is a Fermi card, which means it will get DirectX 12 support around the holidays.
    Shame. xD I was starting to worry, I'm like, I read that all DX11 cards will support DX12 API and here I am with my GTX 550 Ti and I'm like, where's DX12?

    Why so late compared to these other cards?

    Nvidia Control Panel says my DX API version is 12, but the Direct3D feature level is 11.0. However, in dxdiag, it says I have DirectX 11.2.

    Runtime version is 12 in the Nvidia Control Panel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Aug 2015 #25
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2005 View Post
    Shame. xD I was starting to worry, I'm like, I read that all DX11 cards will support DX12 API and here I am with my GTX 550 Ti and I'm like, where's DX12?

    Why so late compared to these other cards?

    Nvidia Control Panel says my DX API version is 12, but the Direct3D feature level is 11.0. However, in dxdiag, it says I have DirectX 11.2.

    Runtime version is 12 in the Nvidia Control Panel.
    I'm not sure why it's delayed for Fermi cards. Initially Nvidia was aiming for Fermi support with Windows 10 launch. I'm guessing they ran into major compatibility issues to have to push it back to November/December.

    To be fair, though, it's not like it would give your card much of a boost at the moment anyway. Fermi should get DX12 support around the same time that the first DX12 games come out, so it'll almost be better anyway as you'll actually be able to use it right away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Aug 2015 #26
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Yep for Fermi, says it here in highlighted area

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	31365
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Aug 2015 #27
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    United States
    Posts : 165
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    I'm not sure why it's delayed for Fermi cards. Initially Nvidia was aiming for Fermi support with Windows 10 launch. I'm guessing they ran into major compatibility issues to have to push it back to November/December.

    To be fair, though, it's not like it would give your card much of a boost at the moment anyway. Fermi should get DX12 support around the same time that the first DX12 games come out, so it'll almost be better anyway as you'll actually be able to use it right away.
    Probably. Although, Alien: Isolation seems to play smoother now, at least, to me.

    I still have a 550 Ti, as with most of my stuff: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. xD

    I won't get a new video card until it quits or I absolutely have to get a new video card.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Aug 2015 #28
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Having an issue with Far Cry 3 which is great game played well all the way up to recently, about half way into game and certain level is giving me issues. Seems just back round stretches and comes together over and over, not when first start the level, real annoying can't figure it out yet. Otherwise starts fine and runs fine, might be DirectX conflict or new NVIDIA Driver, all older games play fine
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Aug 2015 #29
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Having an issue with Far Cry 3 which is great game played well all the way up to recently, about half way into game and certain level is giving me issues. Seems just back round stretches and comes together over and over, not when first start the level, real annoying can't figure it out yet. Otherwise starts fine and runs fine, might be DirectX conflict or new NVIDIA Driver, all older games play fine
    I'm having issues with almost all games on the new Nvidia 355.60 drivers, so I'd suggest looking at that first. Try an older driver and see if you're still having issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Aug 2015 #30
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    United States
    Posts : 165
    Windows 10 Home x64

    My driver version is 353.62. Had no issues with games.

    Haven't updated to 355.60, didn't even know they released an updated driver. xD
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved directx 11.2?
I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and everything's ok but my dxdiag says directx 11.2? I have the latest Nvidia W10 driver for my Geforce 610 (353.62), all fermi will have DX12 support and Windows update even updated it shortly again, causing some issues...
Drivers and Hardware
Fake “Microsoft Official Promotion” Email Offers £450,000 Prize
Source: Fake Email Offers £450,000 Prize | Malwarebytes Unpacked
Windows 10 News
Solved Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions
Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People Lowell Heddings 11 Feb 2015 Only download software from reputable websites !!Author (Xplode) site: https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/ Bleeping computer: AdwCleaner...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
W10 / DirectX 12 / 3d support
Hi there When I run dxdiag via run on W10 (build 9926) (in a VM or as native) It shows 3d support and direct3d acceleration IS enabled even though VMware message says 3d support not available on the Host. W10 comes with DirectX 12 but I don't...
General Support
Does it have Directx 12
Hi I read it has it. But I've run Dxdiag and it says Directx 11, is DX12 still not implemented in the TP? or is just a dxdiag bug? Thank you
Gaming
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums