Windows 10: What Games are you playing right now? [2]

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
  1.    1 Day Ago #801

    specialkone said: View Post
    Good game play. Nice temps and clocks on the GPU. Is the game running smoothly? Seems to be from what I can see in the vid.
    Could you see the OSD in the video? Game bar recording is really not that great. Might have to install Geforce Experience again.

    It is running smoothly. I'm aiming for a smooth 85 fps. In certain areas the fps is very dynamic, anywhere between 70-85 fps, but because it is changing so quickly you do not feel it. There is a setting for volumetric clouds and that will destroy your performance instantly when you go above Medium. It bogs performance heavily. The anti aliasing is very good in this game, so much that there is barely any noticeable difference between low and high. It carries the same trait from Origins with large CPU spikes up to 90% that can cause noticeable hitches and fps drops. There is some talk around that the games resource management system for PC is not the best. Overall the game is running satisfyingly smoothly. Enjoying this, it's jam packed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    1 Day Ago #802

    specialkone said: View Post
    Thanks. I looked at a couple of Hitman 2016 vids. Seems to be hugely stealth oriented. Is that the main focus in the game?
    From what I remember yes, stealth orientated but some firefights if needed. The entertaining part is the multiple possible ways of killing people.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 539
    Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update 64-bit
       1 Day Ago #803

    specialkone said: View Post
    Thanks. I looked at a couple of Hitman 2016 vids. Seems to be hugely stealth oriented. Is that the main focus in the game?
    They definitely want you to play as a sneaky assassin. If you want "silent assassin" or a good rating then yes. But you can totally kill all in each level Rambo style. There are vids out there called kill 'em all challenge, or something like that. Not my cup of tea, I like to sneak, inflitrate and take out the targets stealthily. It's much more rewarding and suspenseful as it creates more strategic thinking on your part. It almost feel like a puzzle game at times when you start using distractions, disguises and blend into the role. It's great for speed runs too if you're into that scene. Hitman 2016 in particular have a ton of challenges, nudging you into different kill conditions and exploration for each target and level. The replay value is off through the roof. Hitman is one of those games that you can play quick for 20 minutes or long for 4 hours and have a good time with either way IMHO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    14 Hours Ago #804

    Anyone play Just Cause 3?

    $4.49 on Steam.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    13 Hours Ago #805

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Could you see the OSD in the video? Game bar recording is really not that great. Might have to install Geforce Experience again.

    It is running smoothly. I'm aiming for a smooth 85 fps. In certain areas the fps is very dynamic, anywhere between 70-85 fps, but because it is changing so quickly you do not feel it. There is a setting for volumetric clouds and that will destroy your performance instantly when you go above Medium. It bogs performance heavily. The anti aliasing is very good in this game, so much that there is barely any noticeable difference between low and high. It carries the same trait from Origins with large CPU spikes up to 90% that can cause noticeable hitches and fps drops. There is some talk around that the games resource management system for PC is not the best. Overall the game is running satisfyingly smoothly. Enjoying this, it's jam packed.
    I could see your OSD but I always have a bit of trouble reading the numbers. I go full screen on you tube to see it and have to look closely. My guess is you have a top quality monitor and I'm trying to look at your OSD video at 1080P. Game Bar has an adjustment for 60 FPS instead of 30 and high video quality instead of the default standard setting. Do you use the higher quality settings?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GameBar.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	209521

    But you may be right to give GFE and shadow play another try. I use a 70 MBPS bit rate on recording instead of the standard 50. Not sure it makes a difference. On the performance side, yes I can see why you are saying "satisfyingly smooth". Seems you have the settings dialed in.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    13 Hours Ago #806

    Kol12 said: View Post
    From what I remember yes, stealth orientated but some firefights if needed. The entertaining part is the multiple possible ways of killing people.
    Faith said: View Post
    They definitely want you to play as a sneaky assassin. If you want "silent assassin" or a good rating then yes. But you can totally kill all in each level Rambo style. There are vids out there called kill 'em all challenge, or something like that. Not my cup of tea, I like to sneak, inflitrate and take out the targets stealthily. It's much more rewarding and suspenseful as it creates more strategic thinking on your part. It almost feel like a puzzle game at times when you start using distractions, disguises and blend into the role. It's great for speed runs too if you're into that scene. Hitman 2016 in particular have a ton of challenges, nudging you into different kill conditions and exploration for each target and level. The replay value is off through the roof. Hitman is one of those games that you can play quick for 20 minutes or long for 4 hours and have a good time with either way IMHO.
    Your assessments definitely make sense from the little bit I saw on you tube. I was laughing watching the you tuber having to get the right uniform to get to the top level of the ship to meet his objective. And yes, I did see a good fire fight or two.

    Thanks guys. Ten Forum gamers are the best.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Hours Ago #807

    Hemimax said: View Post
    Anyone play Just Cause 3?

    $4.49 on Steam.
    Don't know that one but what a great price.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 539
    Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update 64-bit
       33 Minutes Ago #808

    Crazy that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is 50% off on Steam only 3 weeks after it came out. I bought it 20% off on release day so I got a good deal, but it must sting for people paying like $100 for the Croft Edition which you can get for $50 now. Good lesson from this is to NOT preorder games and wait until they become of value. The game is being review-bombed on Steam at the moment too because of it. Shame because the game is good and makes a fine third entry to the reboot trilogy.

    Hemimax said: View Post
    Anyone play Just Cause 3?

    $4.49 on Steam.
    I tried it, but it got a memory leak when using a gamepad so I stopped playing it. It's a fun game, albeit a bit repetitive. I like the 2nd game more because of better diversity and less issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Related Threads
Insurgency for me... I'm kinda addicted. :p 41998 41999 42000 42001
A friend of mine is having bsod issues when playing certain games, example: Rainbox six siege, Battlefield One (BETA) and a few others. Wondering if anyone can give us a clue as to the cause. Windows Format is done, but to no avail,...
I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as...
I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Done
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.
Find Us