What Games are you playing right now? [2]


  1. Posts : 2,062
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #541

    blackroseMD1 said:
    I edited my post to mention it, but I'm on the latest driver. This one and the one before it have both thrown this error, and they're both the 400 series drivers. Seems like the RTX ready drivers don't like SotTR on my system for some reason. I haven't tried running the game in DX11 mode yet. I may do that and see if the crashes still occur. If they don't, I'll just roll back to the last 399.xx driver, because I'm not willing to give up DX12 and it's mGPU tech that gets such great SLI scaling with this game.
    Oh boy, a bad day on the gaming thread. I haven't had a crash (yet) with 411.63 but I ran the benchmark and then only played for about half an hour which is maybe not long enough. I assume you have MFAA off in NVCC, right? It's said to cause issues. I was looking at the Geforce forums and the only one talking about SOTTR crashes also had the problem with the 399.xx drivers. I think they are discounting his problem to a specific system issue. Wondering if it's SLI related. You should post the problem on the Geforce forums as it's the time now (early after driver release) when Manual G is active over there. FYI, Sora is guessing at fixes related to :

    "My suspicion is that all those affected have a singular correlating factor that exists outside of the driver.

    Close discord
    update to steam beta
    install RTSS 7.2beta5

    etc. "
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,154
    Windows 11 Beta channel
       #542

    specialkone said:
    Oh boy, a bad day on the gaming thread. I haven't had a crash (yet) with 411.63 but I ran the benchmark and then only played for about half an hour which is maybe not long enough. I assume you have MFAA off in NVCC, right? It's said to cause issues. I was looking at the Geforce forums and the only one talking about SOTTR crashes also had the problem with the 399.xx drivers. I think they are discounting his problem to a specific system issue. Wondering if it's SLI related. You should post the problem on the Geforce forums as it's the time now (early after driver release) when Manual G is active over there. FYI, Sora is guessing at fixes related to :

    "My suspicion is that all those affected have a singular correlating factor that exists outside of the driver.

    Close discord
    update to steam beta
    install RTSS 7.2beta5

    etc. "
    Alrighty. I'll give it another runthrough tonight and if it crashes again, I'll head over to the GeForce forums and try some of those suggestions by Sora.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16,065
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #543

    essenbe said:
    Nice gameplay Doug.
    Thanks Steve, always fun playing COD SP. Not sure why I never got the first COD BO before
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,561
    Windows 10 Home 20H2 64-bit
       #544

    blackroseMD1 said:
    This one and the one before it have both thrown this error, and they're both the 400 series drivers..
    What driver? The one before 411.63 was 399.24, or do you mean the beta and test drivers 411.17-5x leading up the final build?

    blackroseMD1 said:
    I haven't tried running the game in DX11 mode yet. I may do that and see if the crashes still occur. If they don't, I'll just roll back to the last 399.xx driver, because I'm not willing to give up DX12 and it's mGPU tech that gets such great SLI scaling with this game.
    The consensus for DXGI errors for this game - and RotTR - is the DX12 implementations. Disabling DX12 should fix it. Also overlays and overclocks have caused similar issues in the past, that may also be worth checking out. But if using the 399xx drivers works for you then just use them instead. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,062
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #545

    Nicely done on the COD Black Ops vid. dude. I remember and loved that part running the gauntlet on that boat. I assume you are practicing for the BFV October 19 release.

    PS: the game status crap "objective reached" (important to most gamers) for me as I'm sure you are not surprised is just getting in the way of the all important OSD data. For this game at least (no map display on right) IMHO OSD is better set on the top right.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,065
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #546

    specialkone said:
    Nicely done on the COD Black Ops vid. dude. I remember and loved that part running the gauntlet on that boat. I assume you are practicing for the BFV October 19 release.

    PS: the game status crap "objective reached" (important to most gamers) for me as I'm sure you are not surprised is just getting in the way of the all important OSD data. For this game at least (no map display on right) IMHO OSD is better set on the top right.
    Yeah, probably should move the OSD to the right. I believe BFV has been delayed until Nov
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,062
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #547

    You're right. I just checked. More bad news.

    What Games are you playing right now? [2]-bfv.png
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 16,065
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #548

    Yep, sad news. Switched my OSD uploading a vid of the settings now. Game seems to be capped at 91FPS. also uploading another vid made prior to moving OSD.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 3,218
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #549

    Dude said:
    That's awesome! Dude

    I am confused, Is it SP or MP?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16,065
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #550

    It is SP, here are my settings

      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums